WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Good point.

I guess Gillan won't do it, and I thought Watson might since she's worked for Warner Bros for 10 years so...

So I guess that leaves...

Sophie Turner
    Kate Mara?

Or if you want someone unknown:

Deborah Ann Woll

[IMG]

Rose Leslie:

[IMG]

Jane Levy

[IMG]
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So in SHAZAM news, actor Zachary Levi, took to social media to defend the movie and quash all the naysayers about him using a muscle suit by showing off some pics of himself in the gym
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

He was using a muscle suit, like Mr Reeves did? Or is that simply what trolls claimed because he wasn't wearing 50 pounds of rubber like Batman? o_O
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Chuck me...
    • Like x 1
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I hereby name you Chuck.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

7. Helderman Dedicated Player

Wonder Woman really need be rebooted. Shazam makes no ******* sense with the gods dead.
  8. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]

Excuse me but... Which Wonder woman are you referring to? The show? The movie? And what "gods" are dead in Shazam? Shazam is DC's chance to lighten up their universe a bit and they're gonna take it. I know your protected under the 1st Amendment and all... but please elaborate.
  9. Helderman Dedicated Player

The wisdom of SOLOMON
    The strength of HERCULES (dead)
    The resistance of ATLAS
    The power of ZEUS (dead)
    The stamina of ACHILLES
    The spedd of MERCURY (dead)
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

When did they die?
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, how is that?

Whether the individuals that the wizard Shazam used as inspirations to create his powers are alive or not has no barring on Captain Marvel's existence. Those individuals do not fuel the powers of Shazam they were just the inspiration for them.

The powers of Shazam is just a magical spell created by a wizard of the same name based on the abilities/traits of 6 individuals of which, only 2 were gods. Solomon and Achilles, were both mortal men, one a Hebrew King (son of King David) and the other a Greek warrior (he had a tendon issue). Hercules a Greek/Roman half god. Atlas was a titan that was condemned to hold up the sky (not the Earth). Zeus and Mercury, a Greek and a Roman god.

Knowledge, it really makes sense of things.
    • Like x 3
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It does, butt not for that reason
  13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

DC can fix their issues. There is still enough time.

And why does Wonder Woman need to be rebooted?
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Saying anything more will just start an Opinion War
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Simply because the wonder woman movie (which I loved and my critisims of the movie don't make me love the movie any less, just saying) has the horrible DC new 52 version where her backstory is truly that of wonder girl's (what wonder girl's backstory was prior to the new 52).

For the record I hate that backstory, I dislike her being Zeus' daughter (if they wanted to make her a daughter of a god I'd rather them go with Hades because at least the way the animated Justice League show did it, well it made the backstory it's own without changing some things that I really like about the character).

:D
    • Like x 1
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Oh I see. I just wanted to know your rationale. I suppose that makes sense, but its incredibly unlikely WB are going to reboot their most successful DC movie to date.
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You're right it probably won't be rebooted and I will be satisfied as long as they continue with her story and utilize her where they can in their universe (although let's face it, they probably are going to flashpoint things to try to "fix" their own problems).

Also, I understand that it's best to allow some leeway to movies and television shows when they are trying to reproduce something that is done elsewhere because their intentions are supposed to try strike a vein with the largest amount of people. I can't say enough that I loved Wonder Woman (nor frankly was I actually calling for it to be rebooted, I mostly replied to show why some people could feel that way... although others might have other reasons I might not have mentioned, because I thought you were generously curious as to what could have "been so wrong" with an amazing movie. I suppose the way I replied also made it sound like I really wanted it rebooted, so sorry about that) and it's actually been the best thing they've done in a long time for so many reasons.

Although I still hate that she's Wonder Girl in Wonder Woman's body ;).
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    So in some SHAZAM news, the Marvel family has been revealed by actor Adam Brody who took to social media revealing pictures with the cast. Adam Brody has joined the project as an adult Freddy Freeman, and he’s joined by four actors who will round out the adult versions of the cinematic Marvel Family. Brody will be joined by Michelle Borth (Hawaii Five-0), Ross Butler (13 Reasons Why), D. J. Cotrona (From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series), and Meagan Good (Minority Report).
    [IMG]
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    And in some other WB/DC news. After a successful collaboration on Ready Player One, WB announced that legendary director Steven Spielberg is making his way to do a DC film. While an odd choice, Spielberg will produce and hopes to direct is Blackhawk, an ace pilot, who fought for the Allies with his fabled Blackhawk Squadron during World War II.
    [IMG]
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    AQUAMAN director James Wan screened some unfinished scenes from his upcoming DC film at CinemaCon, and the reactions have been very positive. Here are what some people said about the scenes:

• Like x 1