WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, what, why? :eek: o_O
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    So it's been revealed that WB/DC have reportedly had a test screening of Aquaman with positive reactions. Two sources stated that it was emotional and had a lot of action.

And in Shazam news. Actor, Zachary Levi took to social media posting a picture of him getting his Captain Marvel haircut
    [IMG][IMG]
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wow, so Chuck jumped ship from Marvel to DC? o_O
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So in some SHAZAM news, production photos for the movie has leaked showing actor Zachary Levi suited up as Captain Marvel
    [IMG]
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Can you believe people are complaining about the costume?

It's an almost perfect adaption and people are hating on it :confused::rolleyes:.
    • Like x 3
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well besides the internet trolls trolling on the DCEU due to it's state :rolleyes: , I'd say it's on par with how people complained about how Ms Marvel's costume looked in Marvel's Captain Marvel leaked photos. I like it personally. People should wait until a teaser or some footage is released
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, they are going to have to re-cast his role in the Thor movies (again)? Wait, was he the first one or the replacement? o_O
  10. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

He was the second... But you should probably watch Ragnarok.
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There's nothing stopping any actor from doing more than one role, just look at Josh Brolin.

There's someone else I just saw that's doing multiple roles and cross companies but I cant remember who :(.

And like SuperSoldier said if you haven't yet, you need to see Thor: Ragnarok.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It... was possibly more of a joke, well, maybe not a 'joke', butt more of 'not too serious', also honestly wasn't sure which movie he was in, just remembered he played the role once, and the guy from "OUAT" played the role as well

Have to wait for it to make it to free-to-air
  13. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Chuck has played the role twice now for Thor 2 and Thor 3 respectively. But no support for the director and fellow kiwi Taika Waititi?:D
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, have to wait for free-to-air, so, maybe sometime in the next five years? Which is actually quite fast for our pissant networks
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I read about that and it's not a bad choice per say because Wiig is known more for her comedy but she has done some serious roles. However, I thought the studio was in talks with her about the role. To be honest, I would give the Cheetah role to Sofia Boutella who was in The Mummy.

To add more on the studio talks, rumor was that the studio also had talks with actor Tom Cruise for a role in the Green Lantern Corps film with many speculating him for the Hal Jordan role
    [IMG]
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Tommy boy looks more like a Kyle Rainer to me.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is this what WB is resorting to? Hiring Big Names to ensure their fanatical flock of fornies go see the movie regardless of the quality of the released product rather than take the risk of hiring someone not quite in the limelight butt who 'fits' the role and making a worthy product that sells itself? o_O
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Via twitter, Patty Jenkins confirmed that Kristen Wiig has signed on to play Cheetah in WW2.

Apparently the studio wanted Emma Stone to play the part and did a full offer to her, to which she turned down. Jenkins had wanted Wiig from the start and it seems the only leg the studio had to stand on, said no to them, so Jenkins got what she wanted.

Not sure how to feel about this. Wiig definitely doesn't fit any image I have of Cheeta but Jenkins seems to have a full image of her own planed out, so I guess there's hope there.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

actually wiig seems like a good choice for the cheetah. kinda makes me hope they'll g for the classic priscilla rich/split personality version.

just thinking about tom cruise as hal jordan shaved a few years off my life.

i really cant wait to see how the titans and doom patrol are going to look.