WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Sorry, too old to play the role. My choice is perfect. Cast him WB, please.
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I dunno, considering the feud that he had with The Rock, that kind of casting would be perfect. LOL

The look is only half the equation with Shazam, though. I think the best representations of that character come from his enthusiastic outlook from being a kid, and if the actor in question has the look but can't pull off the "kid inside an adult's body" it'll fall flat.
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

While I'm not a fan of Cena, he has gone into acting and since that guy has a boyish charm since his John Cena wrestling persona, I thought why not.

As for my other choice, I still say Alan Ritchson because he can also pull the "kid inside an adult's body" persona. Here is some concept art with him and Dwayne Johnson
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

This isn't going to be Shazam in a hoodie, is it? I'm sick of that look in comics as well as games and film. The classic look is so much better and, well....uh, classic.

And no fingerless gloves or sleeves that terminate in fingerless "gloves", or for that matter, no Supergirl sleeves-that-have-loops-for-the-thumbs look. "Please", as the late, great Bill Hicks would say, " I beseech you".
    • Like x 2
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

Here's a picture of Heard's Mera on the first day of filming:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Good thing she breathes water through gills instead of air through lungs ,or the sequins would pop off
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Mmm, wet!
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    It seems Cyborg actor, Ray Fisher at the City of Heroes Comic Book Convention reaffirmed despite the cancellation rumors, his solo film is still a go and will be out in 2020
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. DCUO Post Loyal Player

:(
    • Like x 2
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I just got wind of this. Despite my opinions in his directing style, my prayers are with him and his family and hopefully Whedon is up to the task
    • Like x 3
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    [IMG]
    Well, with the good reviews by comic book fans and casual moviegoers, the Wonder Woman film has opened in theaters with a successful $223 million worldwide. As such, talks about a sequel are already rolling. Director, Patty Jenkins in an interview revealed that she is contracted to 2 movies and stated that the sequel will most likely be set at the present within the U.S.

In the other parts within the DCEU, more specifically, 'The Batman', actor Josh Gad has teased via social media that he had a meeting with DC film heads creating speculation to a possible Penguin role
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Rented Lego batman movie on vudu, cute show
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Well with Whedon taking over for Snyder who stepped down as director due to personal issues not too long ago. It's been confirmed, the great Danny Elfman will be the music composer for the upcoming Justice League movie
    • Like x 1
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Here's an add on to aurorabenz07's info.

I like Danny's stuff but having it played back to back shows how little difference there is in it all.

This will definitely help the tone change they are trying to do with the DCEU but I did like the first guys work. WW's theme music is really cool and fitting for her.
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

May just be me, but shouldn't the theme music be more unique and distinctive? o_O
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    WB has unveiled some info with regards to their TITANS tv series showing a breakdown of Dick Grayson, Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, what? His eyes 'drain a man of every last bit of spleen'? What the Hael does that even mean? His eyes can specifically liquefy a mans spleen!? o_O

Also wait, are we sure they are talking about "Teen Titans"? Or are those 'names' just security code to stop pre-mature leakage?
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

nvm
    • Like x 1