WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Since we already have some CGI revived corpses running around on the silver screen, last noted in Rougue One, this may become more and more possible :D

Though my top pick for Ra's will always be Vincent Price :D

Also this:

[IMG]

And this:

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 5
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The Lee Marvin/Gary Cooper/Edward G. Robinson casting alone is enough to raise an eyebrow of interest. I could easily see all three actors nailing those roles.
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dang it all, I tried to leave it alone but my mind kept dwelling on these casting ideas. LOL

I could see Cary Grant pulling off the Bruce Wayne side of the equation without a problem, and Hepburn was whip-smart and played well off of Grant in their movies together. But it's because of their films together that I have trouble seeing that one working. It just seems like the end result would be closer to the Adam West Batman TV series than anything else, a little more on the goofy side of things. I just have trouble imagining Grant pulling off a Batman that didn't seem like Cary Grant in a Batman suit. LOL

As for Power Girl, if there's an actress that could pull off, um, filling out the role in terms of looks, it'd be Marilyn Monroe. :D Even today Monroe's look alone is enough to knock your socks off. But with as softly as she spoke in most of her roles, it's tough to imagine her as the character. Even with her attempts at expanding her range as an actor, she never really came across as someone who could pull off a tough-as-nails no-nonsense character like Power Girl.
    • Like x 3
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

• Like x 3
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

About the voice: maybe you remember how hard it was for Mark Hamil to lose the Luke Skywalker-label. Even after he did that great Joker, some of those Star Wars jerks with no knowledge outside of Star Wars (and mostly not even in Star Wars either) tried to label him that way and came/come up with how he never did something else. It's like working those guys over with a 2-by-4 when pointing them to his work at voice acting. It's sadly a recurring theme on fanboi-forums. Point is: MM was in a typecast-trap as well for most of her way-to-short career. Also she worked at a time when there was nearly no market for a tough-as-nails female lead.

That leaves nowadays tech short of enough voice samples to build a fitting matrix of for those roles. So all we could have is the CGI revival by looks, not voice. Pretty sure that the technology will advance further, since it is clear that some golden age actors still outrank nowadays cheaper-by-the-dozen-brats in the audience's favor. Not to speak about having unlimited sequel/prequel/spin-off abilities without ever having to recast that role.

(I expect Disney/Marvel to announce every day that they paid RDJ half a billion for motion and voice capturing and the rights of his digital image, even if just limited for the use as Iron Man/Tony Stark - it wil of course pay off in the long run).

Like every generation of movie-goers by now, we're at the brink of a new age, and that could be the "permanent" merge of an actor/actress with maybe 2 or 3 lead roles. That technology will be there, 20 years tops til perfection.

And yes: I'd totally love to see a Batman movie with Edward G. Robinson as the Penguin, Vincent Price as Ra's etc. But I'd also had preferred a Wonder Woman movie with Peter Dinklage as Dr. Psycho being the main opponent over the stuff we will get now ;) So I fear I'm not target audience anyway :D
    • Like x 4
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It also doesn't help that any tough-as-nails female roles at the time tended to be in some of the lower budget films and were more stereotypes rather than actual characters. It might not be around the exact same time as Monroe, but you'd see a lot of female roles like that in films from Roger Corman. Some of his films that were used in MST3K are prime examples of how badly tough-as-nails female characters could be portrayed at the time.

I won't disagree about the typecasting she suffered from, but there's just something about Marilyn Monroe that just doesn't seem like it'd be a good fit for the character. Part of it I'm sure is the typecasting, and I know the mystique about her factors into things as well.
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ah yes! The classic original Catwoman, in all her glorious purple thigh-slit glory :D (proud to say have a copy of the Batman comic with her first appearance :D)

Probably just me, but 'Power Girl' looks more like Scarlet Johansson with a {much needed, POO} nose-job than Norma Jean
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    In some DC Entertainment news, DC comics will be launching their digital service in 2018 with the premiere of with a live action TITANS series and the much anticipated 3rd season of Young Justice.

Here is a synopsis of DC's TITANS

Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others.
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just an odd little story from IGN, apparently pro wrestler Mike "The Miz" Mizanin would like to play Booster Gold, partly because he thinks Ryan Reynolds knocked it out of the park playing his first choice in super hero characters, Deadpool. :D

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04...-booster-gold?abthid=59027af6cb55a4e064000022

Thing is, I could actually see him pulling it off. He's probably one of the most annoying heel wrestlers in the WWE right now, but he could also do the "goofy" side of the character as well.
    • Like x 3
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Yeah, I read that article and you know, I could see it too. I don't know "The Miz" from what he presently does in WWE but I known him from his MTV Real World days where his persona developed. Yes, reality shows are my guilty pleasure :p.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's where he came from? That same cess-pool that spawned Snooki? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

LOL. Guess what I scrounged up :p

Still, not for nothing, the guy had a dream and made it a reality, so props to "The Miz"
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, that show, the original cess-pool that started it all
    • Like x 1
  14. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

This would be one of the great things that inspired so-called " reality television".

The best thing Snooki and her crew has done is being terrorized by Moe of the Three Stooges.

The Miz's's's's(?) work as a chicken-crap heel just goes to show you how he's qualified to play Booster Gold. Fantastic! Who wants a Big Belly Burger? My treat for which I'll pay you Tuesday........
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  16. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Looks good, until she speaks
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    In an interview with Dwayne Johnson, the actor talked about where the Shazam and Black Adam movies stand and also revealed that he'd like to see fellow actor Armie Hammer get the role of Captain Marvel / Shazam

While Hammer is the go to choice for WB, I'd rather see him as Hal Jordan because honestly I see other possible choices for Captain Marvel; like Zane Holtz, John Cena, or Alan Ritchson

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, not bloody Cena!!
    • Like x 2
  19. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Perfect choice. I'd welcome him as Shazam!
    • Like x 1
  20. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

For some reason, I've imagined Patrick Warburton as Shazam for the longest time. Guess that's why the verb is "imagine" as opposed to "realize".
    • Like x 1