WB / DC Animated Universe

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 16, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Here's a first look into the upcoming REIGN OF THE SUPERMEN
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hmmm.

Interesting new designs on the characters. I like that they kept the jacket for Superboy, but that quick glimpse of him flying makes me wish they had used a little more color in his outfit. Seems like there's just a little too much black in the outfit, and if they really are going for a "Superman raised by the Kardashians" take on the character it seems like he'd be a little more flashy.
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

The CW's Constantine Animated Show Is Being Turned Into a Full Movie

[IMG]

For a character who had his own show canceled after just one season, years later Matt Ryan’s take on DC’s snarky English spellweaver John Constantine is still surprisingly flourishing. Along with guest-starring onArrow and a full-time turn on Legends of Tomorrows, Ryan’s Constantine even got his own animated show—which is now being turned into a movie.

The CW launched the first five episodes of its Constantine series on its CW Seed streaming service earlier this year, but it left Constantine’s latest adventure—helping an old friend save his daughter from a mysterious demonic coma after a tragic accident—unfinished. Now, on top of the material released as those five episodes, it’s been turned into Constantine: City of Demons, a 90-minute movie that actually finishes the story the show began.

According to a provided press release from Warner Bros. Animation, the film actually features an entire hour’s worth of previously unseen animation—“including the film’s thrilling climax,” which seems like an important thing to see! If you liked what you saw of Constantine on CW Seed, you probably want to pick this up (or, if like most of the world outside of the U.S., you actually can’t legally access CW Seed). It’s nice to see that the company is actually concluding the story in a way more people will get to see it, and it is, as ever, incredibly delightful to hear Matt Ryan relishing the chance to play Constantine over and over again.

Constantine: City of Demons releases digitally and on both Blu-ray and Ultra-HD formats October 9.

Source: https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-cws-constantine-animated-show-is-being-turned-into-1828006548
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

DC Universe Movies Promo Images

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Here's another trailer for REIGN OF THE SUPERMEN
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Here's an update on the upcoming Justice League v. The Fatal Five animated movie. The movie will center around the League taking on a group of time-travelling bad guys who come back in time to find Green Lantern Jessica Cruz.
    Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman, Susan Eisenberg once again voices Wonder Woman, and George Newbern will be back as Superman. As for The Fatal Five, they'll be played by Peter Jessop (Mass Effect) as Thorak, Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants) as Bloodsport, Matthew Yang King (Batman Ninja) as The Persuader, Sumalee Montano (This Is Us) as Emerald Empress, and Philip Anthony Rodriguez (Grimm) as Mano. Daniela Bobadilla will be voicing as Miss Martian, Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Terrific, Noel Fisher as Brainiac 5, and Tara Strong as Saturn Girl.
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nice to see the 'main' character to be a relatively minor character
    Oooo, loving her Lantern 'mask' :DOkay, so why was Wonder Goof attacking

Okay, so why was Wonder Goof attacking Jessica in broad daylight on the sidewalk? o_O
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here is the trailer for the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE V THE FATAL FIVE
    [IMG]
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looking better and betterer :D
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

BATMAN AND THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MEET IN FIRST ANIMATED MOVIE CROSSOVER

[IMG]

Source: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclu...nt-ninja-turtles-meet-in-first-animated-movie

The miniseries was decent. Its a shame they didn't capture Freddie Williams II's art style for the animated movie.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So yeah, this showed up.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of it. I like some of the designs but not all of them, and some of the characterizations seem a little odd (Supergirl seems to be acting and looking more like Power Girl). But it looks like they're having some fun with it, or at least trying to have some fun. I don't hate it, but I can't really say I'm psyched about it, either.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Teen Titans! GO meets MLP:FIM? o_O
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me, the vibe was more something from Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Sym-Bionic Titan) or Craig McCraken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) combined with Friendship is Magic.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't meaning the art-style, butt PPG was something was thinking of as an alternative to TTG!
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It wasn't the art style as much as it seemed to be channeling some of the same attitude you could find in those shows I mentioned. Gut then (I hate saying this because it means I'm getting older) a lot of the people who grew up watching those shows are probably getting to the age where they can MAKE shows now, so that influence might be showing up that way.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Same thoughts here, just not terribly familiar with most of the ones you mentioned (have heard of them, so know about them, just not actually seen them, and, even with their availability online to watch, not that interested in remedying that lack)
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What? Digital and Blu-Ray only? o_O
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player