WB / DC Animated Universe

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 16, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    I know there are sporadic posts here and there for DC animated projects, so I just wanted to create a thread for all WB/DC related animated projects

So to begin, two animated projects are in the works that are coming soon.
    [IMG]
    First in spring 2018, SUICIDE SQUAD: HELL TO PAY will be released which includes Christian Slater (Deadshot), Billy Brown (Bronze Tiger), Liam McIntyre (Captain Boomerang), Kristin Bauer van Straten (Killer Frost), Gideon Emery (Copperhead), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn), Vanessa Williams (Amanda Waller), C. Thomas Howell (Zoom), Dania Ramirez (Scandal Savage), James Urbaniak (Professor Pyg), Julie Nathanson (Silver Banshee), Jim Pirri (Vandal Savage and Vertigo), Greg Grunberg (Maxum Steel) Dave Fennoy (Blockbuster and Tobias Whale), Cissy Jones (Knockout), Natalie Lander (Darma), Trevor Devall (Punch), Dave Boat (Harvey Dent/Two-Face) and Matthew Mercer (Savage Gunman)
    [IMG]
    Second, later in 2018, THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN is getting a remake which is supposed to be more faithful to the comics and will be released as a two parter which will continue in REIGN OF THE SUPERMEN that will be released in early 2019.
    [IMG]
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Going to be looking forward to the remake "Death of a Soupcan" (was making a long-farted post about making it a two- or three-parter, without reading the full post where it says it will be a two-parter :oops: )

Possibly making it a trilogy might be better, POO, with the third part being his return and dealing with the evil Soupcan's, just feel there would be too much to cram all that into "It's Raining Soupcan's"
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Interesting news about the Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen stuff. There's a part of me wondering if they'll include Hal Jordan's involvement in that story and use that as a way of doing Hal's descent into Parallax and the intro of Kyle Rayner as another movie.

While it's a little more on the lighter side, I do find myself interested in checking out the Scooby Doo meets Batman: The Brave and the Bold movie that just hit video. I always liked The Brave and the Bold's take on Batman and the fun they had with the show (Aquaman ruled in that show, I don't care what anyone says LOL), and having that match up with the Scooby Doo gang seems perfect.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What? It's a cross-over with the X-Men? What is X-23 doing there? And when did Harley turn into a (literal) cold-blooded murderer? o_O
    Also, will they ever go back to the plus-sized Walker? :(
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here's the box art to SUICIDE SQUAD: HELL TO PAY
    [IMG]
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

YIKES!!! Harley looks awful in that box-art!!!! :eek:
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    I know this was posted in another thread but just wanted to re-post it here ;)

The Death of Superman Part 1

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

A little more on the next Suicide Squad animated movie

And here's the team's intro montage
  10. mattyice Active Player

Personally, I really like the DC Animated movies. I’ve watched most of them and I enjoyed most of them. I’m excited to see the remake of Death of Superman. Wasn’t really a huge fan of the first one so I’m hoping this movie will be better.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can't stand the art style for the New52 animated movies
  12. mattyice Active Player

Copperhead looks really weird in the picture to me, when I think of an animated version of him I think the Justice League animated series. This one just looks odd to me.
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I know it was posted somewhere else but I figure I re-post it on the rightful thread :p
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Gonna stick with the original

And what the York is with that Line: "One thing I can't stand, is a bully!"?
  15. Eve YouTuber

So seeing on twitter the #JLReunion hashtag, do you think there's a chance they revive (NOT Reboot) the amazing Justice League show?
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

That would be AMAZING!. And maybe they should make it more serious, like Young Justice or the DC animated movies (like Killing Joke, Bad blood, etc.)
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

I would love that too. That show has so much potential, and I honestly still waiting on a Wonder Woman animated series.
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Batman: Hush Is Finally Getting a DC Animated Movie Adaptation

[IMG]

One of the biggest Batman stories of the modern era is coming to animation. Batman: Hush, the storyline created by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee in 2002 and 2003, is getting the cartoon film treatment as a DC Universe Original Movie.

Hush, originally a twelve-issue arc in Batman, follows the story of a new villain emerging in Batman’s life, a mysterious murderer with a face wrapped in bandages who was revealed to be—after months of mystery and fake-outs—Tommy Elliott, a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne’s.

The story is one of the most influential in the recent history of the comic, defining its era of Batman in all his dark, tragic glory, for better or worse.

Batman: Hush is one of four DCU Original animations announced at Comic-Con to release in 2019, with the others being The Reign of the Supermen, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines. Hush will be the third release in the animated slate, with no word yet on casting or creative team.

Source: https://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-hush-is-finally-getting-a-dc-animated-movie-ada-1827774909
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Justice League Faces Legion of Super-Heroes Villains in New Animated Movie

[IMG]

Coming off the heels of the announcement that “Batman: Hush” would be adapted into an animated film, DC Comics also announced that they had plans for a new Justice League movie in Spring of 2019 titled Justice League Vs. The Fatal Five. This new movie, instead of having the team face off against someone familiar like Darkseid or Brainiac, will be bringing in the Fatal Five: a group of supervillains widely known for fighting the Legion of Superheroes.

The Fatal Five were introduced back in 1967 and included Tharok, the leader of the team and a powerful cyborg; Validus, an alien with strength greater than a Kryptonian; Persuader, the wielder of the all-powerful Atomic Axe; Mano, who can disintegrate anything he touches; and Emerald Empress, who appeared in “Justice League Vs Suicide Squad.”

RELATED: Wonder Woman: Bloodlines Animated Movie Set for 2019

The team’s previous appearances outside of comics include Justice League Unlimited and Legion of Superheroes. This will mark their first appearance in a full-length movie, let alone as the antagonists.
    In terms of how the movie will include them, DC has been vague with the details. They stated that the movie would be an “original story,” but they have yet to figure out in what era or whether we could expect an appearance from the Legion of Superheroes or not.

Justice League Vs. The Fatal Five will release in Spring 2019.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-vs-fatal-ive-legion-superheroes-animated-movie/
    • Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    We all know Batman The Animated Series will be available in HD on the DC digital service but will also be available on Blu-Ray this October