Ways to Make the Open World Better(Examples In Thread)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nebula153, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Nebula153 Well-Known Player

1) First off, either remove the current open world encounters or make them better. Arresting a thug literally has no purpose besides seeing if you can get an easy lockbox. You should feel like you're actually doing something for a reason, stop a stolen armored truck and get a few hundred dollars, or something like that.

2) A day and night cycle, now, hear me out first. Gotham CAN look good in day, how you ask? Make it gloomy and rainy, just because it's day doesn't mean it has to look bright and peaceful, this game needs more weather effects anyway, and IMO this would be the best way to add them. And now since the PS4 is out it shouldn't cause too many technical issues in a few years maybe. Metropolis would just have the normal looks for day and night, although I think Metro should have more clouds in the sky during the day.

3) MORE ICONIC ENCOUNTERS! Randomly finding Green Arrow fighting Deathstroke in the street is never a bad thing. You'd think that the heroes and villains wouldn't just sit in the Watchtower all day, it's as if they want all the new guys to do the work! Sure bounties are cool the first time you see them, but they feel even more scripted over time. However I'm not saying scripted encounters are a bad thing, just imagine finding Batman at crime alley. Or Huntress surveying a drug deal on a rooftop.

4) Air Travel. Metropolis and Gotham are big places, maybe planes or helicopters roaming the skies are. Go to a helipad somewhere, pay $100 and fly to some other random helipad. And planes would act like the Gotham blimp, impossible to interact with them, you just see them pass by. If they can add 2 megaplanets in the horizon then I'm sure this would be OK.

These are my incredible ideas and you can post your own should you come up with any. I fully understand that some of these may be hard to do because of technical limitations but hey, one can dream...right?