Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As long as the player's shield has enough absorption left to fully mitigate a damage proc, it will be preferred over Tempest Guard.

What are the implications of that? If a cog needs turned and Tempest Guard is active, the player should activate their own shielding ability.
    • Like x 1
  2. The3meraldKnight Active Player

I think I may have found an issue. I was messing around trying some things and went to Gotham Wastelands to do some testing. I remembered that GW has a ton of add that fight each other and I wanted to test the pull of Ebb. I had just completed Deep Desires solo and when I pulled a few adds from afar, I noticed that some flew out to the side making me miss. I tested it on these guys and sure enough, they scattered when I pulled them and Flow combo missed the majority of them.
    I wanted to know if this is working as intended, or is it a bug?
  3. McShotzz Well-Known Player

From what i understand is bubble is a shield( 100% absorption up to a cap) and tempest is a mitigation( % reduced dmg in up to a cap. Similar to the weapon mod shield thing.
  4. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Bubble vs tempest guard is a very simple concept, one is designed as a normal healer shield like all the other healer shield and the other is designed to take some damage off but not all but also be for an entire group, this difference allows both to be viable dependent upon the situation you're in
  5. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Bubble vs tempest guard is a very simple concept, one is designed as a normal healer shield like all the other healer shield and the other is designed to take some damage off but not all but also be for an entire group, this difference allows both to be viable dependent upon the situation you're in. Bubble is better for picking up and tempest guard is better as a healer power to slow incoming damage and allow you to catch back up etc

EDIT: my above message posted before the whole message was done
    • Like x 1
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

It only overwrites when the hit would break the 100% shield resulting in you taking less dmg. In the cases it would overwrite you would still be interuptly regardless. Its either your 100% shield breaks and you take a hit or tempest guard takes the hit and you still get hit.
  7. Reef Raider New Player

From the changes that have been made in the latest hotfix I have noticed the damage is a fair bit more where it should be where Aquatic Arsenal is hitting much better and more power hungry than Tsunami Strikes. I feel these abilities are now in a good place, I will need to still compare to other powersets damage for melee (but compared to electric it is parsing similarly and similarly power hungry).

The visual fx are looking even nicer. Much sharper and all the extra ripples and bubbles make an already stunning powerset even more stunning (particularly bubble is looking very nice). Oh and now we can officially see the shark so there is that.
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Burned enemies should take more damage by WATER.

Just mind boggled that waters best ANIMATION and AOE is not for DPS smh.. WHY DC WHY??

This notion that Healers cannot DO damage and heal simultaneously is ABSURD.. Same thing thats happened to electric.. Everyone wanted Electrocute to be used for HEALER role but we cant have that.. smh.. Support roles always gets the neglected..

At least give us the whirlpools/maelstroms(multiple) AOE for DOTs.. casting maybe 2 or 3 at a time(short cooldowns), or LARGE SPINNING MAELSTROM for AOE Dot(12second).. soooo many options that could actually make water feel like water.... Waterspouts/whirlpool animations should at least Descend vs just disappearing

The water residue after using different water powers, disappears too quickly. It should settle on the ground before evaporating or disappearing. Water should look and feel like water. The quick disappearance of the water animations/residue, is a bit disappointing..
  9. EpicGrind Active Player

I'm not too happy about the change to the power consumption/damage it was fine where it was before. It wasn't using too much power.
  10. EpicGrind Active Player

This isn't pokemon. Each power has its own interactions and only interacts with the same interactions. Thats the way it should be. If you do this method, then it will just further imbalance things and make things more complicated.
  11. Reef Raider New Player

Yeah but the increase in damage has well and truly justified it. As it stands it is just as power hungry as electric and rage. Earth is slightly better (but like only by 2 seconds i could power it longer with a bit more damage out but that is a nerf earth problem lol).
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I think we need some accelerated mods to really test somethings out. If Drown got an accelerated Mod that would be good for some damage loadouts. Also, I personally would like Depth Charge to become a spammer power at 100 power cost and a slight increase of damage.

I'm still practicing. I never really used combo powers before as I'm always Electric (was sorcery only during pre-stats). So the combos are hard for me to pull off. I tab melee and i end up swing my sword and I tab range and end up doing a weapon range attack. Is there a way to tell when to execute the combo?

As of the moment, Water is very skill dependent but players who like HL, CL, could easily master it.

Solace of the Sea still needs to be usable in damage role and deals extra damage to Crushed enemies. I personally would like to have 2 dots (Drown is a dot and PI applier), 2 burst powers, 1 spammer so I can spam that power on 1 add and a Supercharge or Dehydrate (as a SC substitute) .

Call of the Deep is very powerful. If you pop a buff trinket, nitro soda, omega, and a supply drop and it crits on the enemy. It can hit super hard. And I mean HARD. I'm talking 80000 to 160000. I tested with my might around 16000s on test. On live server, this will hit even harder than that. Potentially 100000 to 200000 (if it crits).

Megavolt sure ain't that strong. Not sure about other supercharges. I don't think Buff Supercharges can keep up with that either to be honest. I'm talking about Neo Venom and Circuit Breaker.

I haven't tested on multiple adds or enemies. I only tested it against solo bosses and target dummies. So I am currently not sure if it's an AOE Burst or Single Target Burst.

Too long and didn't read?
    • Add some acceleration mods (Drown as one of them)
    • Make Depth Charge a spammer power with slight increase in damage
    • Make Solace of the Sea usable in Damage Stance with the Power Interaction of Crushed enemies take additional damage.
    • Call of the Deep might be too strong?
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

PROBLEM: you activate solace of the sea in mid air, and the power blinds everyone else and yourself, if you dont use the option to blend outlines through or tone down visuals, wich both are a help, but i think players should not have to do so to be able to see whats going on... Also the shark constructs, for close to one secound, throwing a shark will leave its user with a blue screen, then again the target gets hidden under a whole lot of blue inked fluid. That sayd, i think the water effects are to much blue colored and i guess it would be better if the water would be more transparent to allow players to see through the effects and also to make the visuals more appealing and look more like water than blue gooo... Just a thought on that... I would hate to tone effects down only because of water... Also i think that quantum looks more like water than water itself IMHO and even quantums visuals are a pain, yet you still see things without tone the effects down...
  14. EpicGrind Active Player

Just gonna cut out everything else and focus on the TLDR.

• I don't really think their should be a Acc mod on Down because its the SC gen and it already has Riptide. Acc mods should be just for 12+ sec CDs
    • Why would you need it to be a spammer when it already hits pretty hard and its on a 3 sec CD. It seems like a nonsensical change.
    • I wouldn't mind it being a damage power, but I don't really see the point when DPS is already strong without that AoE DoT. And it doesn't really make sense for it to apply a PI because it just doesn't make sense based on the animation. So I disagree with SotS applying a PI but indifferent on it being a AoE DoT
    • Can't really say anything on its strength or weakness because I haven't used a SC besides Whirlpool for DPS. Bout all I can say is I've seen a few people say the same thing/
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

Some of the new animations are not cool at all... Shark frency looks goofy, as if the player would stumble (you saw the animation better before, because the shark constructs were not showing correctly), i think earths rumble crush is way better for doing practicaly the same! Now, the sharks are blocking the full screen when activating, wich helps to cover the clunkyness, but at the same time it covers your own vision... Sorry, but thats my impression: tsunamy strikes look rather girlish than powerfull IMHO... I do like depths charge and waterspouds, but i would rather have depth charge to have the animation of earths upheaval, than both do exactly the same. Blessing of the sea is again rather
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

Agree that water needs a long lasting dammage area. Solance of the sea fits perfectly: in dammage role, the jellyfish could explode like terror tendrills on contact and setup crushed PI while dammaging for a small amount... Actual jellyfish hurt a lot on contact, even if they are just water construct illusions...
    • Like x 3
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

• I'm speaking as an electric damage main. Accelerated Arc Lighting is a mod and that power is la PI applier and it's 3 seconds. Sure it not a SC generator, but Water has bad PI appliers. Drown is a must have for long range. It's a personal opinion. I won't use the other PI applier as it's melee range. I would only use that version in solos/open world missions/duos and maybe alerts. Raids nope. I would use it for older raids though.
    • My rotation in cooldowns wasn't syched well. The cooldowns were too long for my pftT loadout. I'll share it later today.
    • It would have been perfect in my rotation as mentioned above, I'll share what I tested later today. it's 2:30 am here. I don't know the power names by hard.
    • I think it is stronger than intended. Lets be real here. No one won't pop that SC with first buffing themselves before using it. It's a common concept. I don't know the base damage of it though. I just know the crits for it can hit super hard.
  18. Reef Raider New Player

From my testing on the Supercharges before latest hotfix they seemed on par with each other damage potential wise. Only difference is its much less likely to get full crits out of Whirlpool than it was Call of the Deep. If you want reliable damage go whirlpool, if you feel lucky go Call of the Deep.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I have not used the 5000 one yet. :)
  20. EpicGrind Active Player

Sorry but I'm gonna focus on this bit here...So because your rotation didn't sync well you want powers changed to fit your loadout? That's the way this reads. If thats not what you're saying, please come back and clarify it.

The only cooldown that should be changed is Riptide. Everything else is fine.
    And duh...its gonna crit really hard if your buffed on SD/trinkets/omegas/nitros.
    I think before anyone says it hits too hard, they should not be buffed at all use it a bunch of times and come up with a average, then compare that average to other 100% SCs, until that is done, anyone saying that it hits too hard seems to be a invalid claim till that testing is done.
    Not trying to be rude or be a ****** here, but it seems that a lot of people make these claims that something is OP before actual testing is done. I remember back to when other powers were tested, people made claims that something was too OP within 5-10 Mins of that power releasing on test, which is not enough time to test.
    Again not saying that you're doing this, I just want real testing to be done rather then the devs listen to feedback that is incomplete.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.