Water or Electric

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by cobra, Oct 20, 2017.

1. cobra New Player

Hi im currently nature and was thinking of changing to either water or Electric .Can anyone give me some pro and con to each power on both the dps role and healer role .which one edge out the other power in dps and in healer role
  2. TehCost New Player

In my personally opinion, water is the better healer. Lots of options, good for burst and hots, and you can make people on alerts literally invincible using bubble and riptide, but for the dps side, electric is BY FAR the better option as it along with rage and earth are the top dps powers at the moment. Hope this helped. :)
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

^^ this, water heal is fantastic many different options with shielding and healing, however the dps side is just bland, it's not even just about the damage it's just boring to dps with, you look like your playing a musical instrument most of the time.

But yeah, water for heal and electric for dps.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Just to quote all 3 here.

I've been back into the game since August and have been playing elec and water on my main char during that period. (And I've been a healer since ever).

I'll just state my opinion and my experience and going for the healer and dps side for each power on its own.

Water DPS:
    I really liked it and with some little tricks you could actually keep up your damage with the others up there on the top of the scoreboard. (And only one water dps beat me in raids... that was a leaguemate).
    Tested many loadouts and you actually have many options that produce more or less the same damage in raids. On adds it's a bit different, but on bosses you have more options (on adds only double shark crit is good).
    Currently the shark doesn't crit all the time. Maybe 98% of the time it's a crit with hight tide.
    Always loved combo powers and it feels a bit more active to play dps instead of the PFTT style from other powers.

Elec DPS:
    Got some options here.
    More adds/targets = higher damage.
    Arc Lightning and Tesla Ball don't split in damage (yes it's intended!!) and with many adds the damage is insane.
    It feels a bit weaker on singletarget, but with heat vision you can really keep your damage on par with the other powers.
    With many adds elec feels like the strongest DPS in game, but that's just MY opinion. (also love the animations)

Water Heal:
    I like the many options you have with Loadouts. You can play a shield heavy style, a burst only (like elec.. kinda) or a mixed playstyle that feels a bit like sorcery healing... kinda.
    You see, you got some options and there's the issue imo.
    Also I hate the animations from the 1/4/8 person heal. The rest of the animations is totally fine imo.

Elec Heal.
    You got some options, but mainly you play burst only. Means you heal when actual damage comes in.
    I think elec is the most power efficient one from the healers. Arc Lightning is more or less the only skill you need 85% of the time. With Bio-Surge and Recover you got everything covered. Rest is decided between Shield, Bio-Cap, Galvanize (great one), Egen, Supercharge.
    I play around with loadouts, but don'T have any issue to heal any content.
    Also arc does insane amounts of damage on many adds (reason above). With some more aggressive spec I can do around 50% of good dps and maybe beat a bad dps in raids.

For the sp/mods:

DPS: might.. only might stuff. Easy
    Heal:
    - Mods (up to you)
    - SP: Healing cirts, Might&Power, Restoration (in that order). Also use Reserve Tank. With a big powerpool your superpowerfocused regeneration is just great. Better than any weapon with hybrid focus