Water, and the Splash Pack, are live on EU!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Server restart for EU has come and gone, and with it has come Water and the Splash Pack. I nabbed a super quick video of the base items for anyone that wants to see them. I have to say, as someone who doesn't really do base items, these are phenomenal! Tori will probably do a more detailed video later on today or tomorrow if you want to get all the names and such. The pack is 600 DBC/MC or 540 if you're a member and includes 8 base items, the Drop base pet and a variety of Soder Waters, which are basically just clones of existing buff soders like Flex soders etc.

• Like x 8
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

That cyclone is really cool.
    • Like x 2
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Jafin u know the cost of the base item pack?

Edit: never mind just saw it in your OP. Btw thanks for the vid showing this off. I was very curious to see it.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed. I like the shark too. What i dont like is the wall whirpool with the word water. They should of separated those. Because we could of clipped it together to make it look that way. Not a big deal tho. The other base item packs, flash and 2 batcave ones were 400 or 360 for members. So im not sure if i will buy this or not. Price is a tad high for me. $5 even and i buy it no questions asked. I know this includes soders but lets be honest, no one is buying this for the soders lol :p
  5. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Digging the cyclone and the jellyfish. Hell, I'd pay for an entire pack of more jellyfish alone, and I wish there were more in the pack than just the one item (if it is actually just one big item). I also wish we could clip base items through pillars and walls because that cyclone would be the perfect solution to hiding the big goofy pillar in the middle of my water pool in my water toons base.

Also wondering, is the base pet broken? Seems to me it should be moving around like the willow-the-wisp base pets. o_O

Not sure I'll be getting the pack based on the price and that I'd only use the jellyfish and cyclone, but I'm sure some folks will snap it up in a jiffy. And yeah, I could care less about soders. I have stacks of them I never use as it is.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Yeah, that looks pretty hideous. I mean, we know it's water, so why they felt the need to point that out to us is a bit baffling to me. lol
    Way to complete destroy a cool wall item. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

My edit time above ran out but i also like the jellyfish. I wish the pet was better. I mean thats the wisp from the spring seasonal but turned blue instead of green :confused: Imo they should of made the pet a jellyfish that floats around. Kinda thought that would be a no brainer. When i saw the announcement today and that it had a pet i thought to myself "it has to be a jellyfish."
    • Like x 3
  8. Aquajet Well-Known Player

That's exactly what I was thinking too. If they made it a combat pet available on the MP, I'd buy the crap out of that thing! Of course, it would have to keep scaling with my CR as it goes up, as all pets really should anyways. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hey Thanks Jafin that was pretty cool. I think my favorites are the shark and that cyclone... About the only thing i could do without was that wall plaque with WATER in hug letters.. I mean REALLY? Did we actually need a decoration to prove the power went live? LOL

I'll be grabbing that pack for my Atlantean's lair :D
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

The announcement today said 8 items in the pack. I just noticed in the vid there are only 6 and that includes the pet. So i think the 2 wall items that are shown are actually 4 and jafin did clip em together.

Im also curious to why the lexcorp sidekick is still not on the MP for pc players. I mean if the MP is being updated tomorrow with this splash pack it would seem like the perfect time to finally fix this sidekick issue too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Oh, that would make sense. If so, shame on you Jafin. Why u make deco such ugly? :confused:

I'd actually prefer it if the extra two items were that the jellyfish were separated into more base items and Jafin had just thrown them in a group. 'Cuz you know... jellyfish.
  12. Dene Devoted Player

yep agree - feels weird, like it is an ad for it lol
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

About a year or so ago i posted on here saying id love to see base item packs themed around the power sets. So it is kinda cool to see that happen. I hope they decide to do this for the other power sets.

But yea the sign is kinda cheesy :p Imo it would of also been cool if the pet was a mini shark floating around. Or instead of the water sign an ebb&flow animated wave on the floor. Btw not trying to be critical. Just throwing some ideas out there.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dene Devoted Player

is the EU WT/HoD full of Jellyfish & Sharks now ? lol
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so there is no extra down time for this or water?
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

that shark is pretty cool, I'd prob have it sticking out of the whirlpool so it looks like a shark tornado :p
  17. Surtur Well-Known Player

I want the Lexcorp sidekick as of yesterday.
    • Like x 1
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Dammit Jaf!!!! lol. Now I have to figure out what 8 base items to pickup to add these to my beach room lol. Thanks for doing the video! :p
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh sorry, the word Water is actually a separate base item, I just placed it on top of the whirlpool. The cyclone is also actually 3 different base items. There's a whirlpool on the floor, the cyclone on the floor and a whirlpool on the ceiling. I wasn't originally planning to make a video when I placed the items but after I saw how great they looked I decided to record one real quick before going to bed, so that's why some of the base items are intersecting rather than all separated.
    • Like x 3
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm terrible at decorating, it's no secret. :p
    • Like x 1