Water - A little help for a returning player.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BumblingB, Sep 5, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember me, most of you probably not.

In any event, I returned and decided to do my main hero and villain to work on. BB will stay controller class, gadgets, but I decided to change my villain from electric to water. I did a lot of testing on the test server, but really couldn't decide, as the elements of the healer classes are very similar in damage wise. (Different in healing though.) I came to the choice of water and sorcery.

Testing wise, I was getting better results in damage on sorcery, but I couldn't stand the noises the pets make. lol So I chose water. Plus, I didn't have any artifact on my villain above 80ish.

Right now, I got an okay working damage loadout, but need some help in the heals side. Long ago, I was water and had a good loadout, but I forgot it. It's been maybe 2 years since then?

A few questions to go with this from my own testing. Is high tide PI worth it for healing? If so, is tsunami strikes necessary to keep the pi up? Or do you use it mostly for an active healing option? Or not at all?

Should you run Bubble and Tempest Guard? Bubble being a full shield and guard being a partial but a hot with high tide.

Solace of the Sea drops at your feet. Which makes it harder to put this HoT for tanks, as you have to get closer. Would this make it not as desirable for raids?

In regards to Blessing of the Depths and Mending Wave, the only difference between the two is the PI? I haven't had a chance to test how they heal and how many targets Blessing heals I guess. The PI gives Blessing a HoT, while Mending gets a larger heal. Which makes Blessing a preference if you have a PI up.

I remember when this was developed, they had the idea of battle healer with active healing. So not sure what to do in this situation. I kind of feel that they need to remove the PI option from healer side. *shrug*

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)
  2. L T Devoted Player

I totally remember you! Welcome back!
    High Tide gives really strong effects. Without either Tsunami Strikes (or maybe Riptide) it's not worth using though. Tsunami Strikes is excellent for topping off the tank or for open world where there are various allies around that you're not actually grouped with.[/quote]
    There are more and more situations where damage penetrates shields. I find this to be a sucky trend, but that's neither here nor there. I generally pick one. If you're using High Tide, I'd suggest Tempest Guard. It's not as strong a shield but it covers everyone and the heal you get from High Tide is really good.
    It depends on the raid, really. In the current Wonderverse Raid, it's actually ideal in the last boss fight where everyone has to stay in the circle. A lot of players combine it with Riptide to put down 2 overlapping healing pools-- it's an extremely effective strategy. If you use the Flood of Power supercharge, you can actually get 4 overlapping pools. In the Birds of Prey raids, on the other hand, it left my load out altogether. There's too much to look for on the floor and or everyone is constantly moving around, and I generally found it too difficult to drop it in a good position. Currently when I heal the hydra fight I usually ditch it because everyone really needs to move around in that fight.
    Pretty sure Blessing is an 8-person heal. Mending Wave is definitely 4.

Do you have artifacts? The ones you choose to use will shape your load out to a large degree.
    • Like x 1
  3. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

your artifacts really help you.... some swear by the orb of Orion, others use the 'cards', quite a few are using the latest purple ray

as for load out ... 2 shields, riptide, solace of seas (see L T for usage w/riptide), priority heal and group(4 man) heal.
    I don't use SC for healing ... you really don't need to.... you'll want to have power efficiency in chest, and the rest of the tac mods are in conjunction with your powers... except for feet of course (if you battle heal deadly block or explosive block are nice)

I also used middle button for spec'g stat points

I use omni gear for the dom and I'm precision based (though those might based players are way OP - in some cases)

you might want to search on the forum for the thread 'Base Shield Multiplier' which notObsidianChill kindly provided to the community. It's very interesting
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If I were to ever go back to water this is what I would run

Soothing mist, mending wave, riptide, solace, Bubble, flood of power

Artifacts would be scrap, eye of Gemini, and orb.

Reason for not running tempest guard and going with a SC is because nowadays content has shield penetration so running 2 shields is pretty useless. It's better to have more ways to heal.