Was maxing this artifact a waste of time?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mister_Raccoon, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

So I went all in and maxed out the Solar Amplifier artifact as an experiment for a DPS build.
    For those not familliar, solar amplifier at max level allows Heat Vision to create a burning explosion that applies burn to a group as well as increases its overall damage.

Yes, I am fully aware that this was an expensive little experiment to undertake.

I did this to see if I could squeeze more damage out of my Munitions build but between the long startup time and the fact that it seems kind of underwhelming on single targets like bosses and such I'm wondering if perhaps this was all a waste. It almost makes Big Gun seem kinda redundant too now that I think on it.

Has anyone else found much success with this artifact maxed?
    • Like x 1
  2. Requake Dedicated Player

It has the highest might % on its own, so if you are aiming for the max possible might, you need it

At least if they haven't changed it yet

And as munitions I think you would run it, just not for the heat vision
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The 5% Might Buff is the main reason to level it even if you don't run Heat Vision in your Loadout. Munitions can take advantage of the Burning PI from Heat Vision, correct?
    • Like x 2
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

As a Fire user I think it's greats. By maxing it out you're also setting any other targets on fire as well plus doing splash damage. (Like Spontaneous Combustion) Also, you can jump cancel it if you need too.

Considering they're increasing it to 200 I think it'll be interesting what they'll add to it. I'm hoping they'll give it Mass Detonation.
    • Like x 1
  5. Yaiba Committed Player

6. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Yeah, that would be pretty rad. I wouldn't mind seeing a Snuff Out version, as well.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i will wait and see how level 200 turns out. there is a possibility for devs to rebalance all artifacts in a way that could give underwhelming artifacts at 160 a new effect when maxed to 200, something that makes every artifact more usefull for specific situations. if they add increased damage to targets below 35% or make the solarbeams working with PI's like frostbite and areal movements PI (high/low presure) then i guess i would totally go for it
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I have mine's at 160 and I use it in my water rotation Heat vision but I think it's great plus that 5% might is beautiful.

At rank 200 I can see this baby getting even better lol oh man.
  9. SalviMex Active Player

I run solar amp for the increased might on my water toon and honestly there is no difference to my dmg