War of the Rights...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DaiKaiJu, Jan 10, 2014.

1. DaiKaiJu New Player

Seems this community is split into 3 groups. I want to understand it more than anything. Maybe we can figure it all out by posting about it. So lets try to break it down.

Legendary:
    [IMG]

Gets access to all dlc's, Loyalty points for buying extras off DCUO's Marketplace and instant access to all cash with bigger holding slots. Some players like to play with no restrictions, and for those who can afford it, this seems like a good deal for you.((I know it is for me...... Sometimes ;) ))

Premium:
    [IMG]

Any legendary player with 'however many millions they have' will only be able to access 2,000 cash along with getting rid of any clutter they have as their pocket size to hold items shrinks...
    Unless they either go back to legendary or get the Escrow/Slot investments.

Sounds kinda crappy? I think it is at times and it kinda undermines the respect somewhat 'owed' to people who 'supported' DCUO through purchasing items Individually "for a price". Nothing is wrong with buying DLC's in my opinion. ((I do it)) Not everyone can cop out constant support through legendary subscriptions. Some of us have a life that revolves around a job and school, with a real life issues and friends and not some game. ((so I assume))

But for some people that's saying, "if given the benefits today, it will attract more people/business the next day."
    Kinda yes, Kinda no, Maybe not, Maybe so.... The People in charge can not run the game on the promise of getting paid tomorrow if they aren't making any money today by giving you what it is you want. it's just not how the world works. I can't pay my bills or other things like this.(( And credit cards are not an excuse example.))

Free Players:
    [IMG]

I encourage you to play the game as the beginning does not require all of the above hassle. It's simple and you will be learning a bit about yourself and the game along with some of the DC lore. It is at he time you become level 30 and start on your Tier missions, you will either take the Red pill or the Blue pill.

Their will be times where you will wonder why didn't i take the other one, but fret not, the pill's effects are never one time use and you always order more.
    ((you have to buy only one DLC but you are only getting to pay for one therefore you will need multiple "pills"))

I can understand the needs of Premium wanting more money, but can we truly ask the devs to give us a "hamburger" so they can get paid by us and others in the future? I can also abide by the the true way of supporting DCUO with Legendary subcriptions, but do we make it harder on people who want a better deal?
    Is it a "Sounds like a that's your problem" deal?
    Are we setting standards that are too high where they simply won't or can't accept/afford it???

Thoughts and ideas are welcome as I would love to understand peoples views about it.
  2. RSL New Player

not all premiums are ex-legendary as yr post implies. most of them are people who only spend a minimum of 5 dollars but feel entitled to the entirety of a game others pay a monthly fee [larger than 5 dollars] for. also... don't start with the "some of us have a life" argument. ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. DaiKaiJu New Player

Fair enough, but I never said that one must be legendary to have become premium. Ii pointed out that it must be annoying to go from Joe Banks with 10 million + to Joe Blow wit only 2,000 cash access.

Hahah I won't, but you know that it's valid. Anyone still here after trying to use the argument must not be as busy as they say.
  4. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I think what he means by the have a life argument is rather that some people have obligations that leave our pockets feeling sad and empty. Or if you want to view the optimistic side feeling considerably lighter.
    • Like x 2
  5. RSL New Player

haha but no, lol. it's not valid. the implication that anyone who spends time playing the game enough to get good or get money's worth out of it [and we're talking about 15 dollars a MONTH!] or whatever has no life... just not valid. it's the cry of the permanoob, someone who needs an easy out when they fail.
    again, fifteen bucks a month. if you play the game daily and cannot afford this... there's bigger issues than the game. ;)
    • Like x 3
  6. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

On a serious note I have to agree with the main topic of this. How much is too much and how much is undercutting those who support the game through the market place? And what are the best benefits to offer each group? Should it even be up to the consumer? Everyone is always wanting to have something someone else is lacking "look what I have that you don't nyah nyah." Can the consumers really be expected to give feedback on honest statistics and not a biased view? Legendary want this for this because of them. Premium wants this for this for them. Free to play wants this and this for them. Some of the arguments are very compelling and even though I plan to remain legendary I can agree with some of the arguments for the premiums cash cap being raised but some are just "gimme" threads and I am not talking about just premiums there. Some legendary members think they should have everything handed to them in a silver platter and not work for it. When working for it is the whole point of the game. Otherwise what else did you shell out that money for?
    • Like x 1
  7. EzioNight New Player

I've paid all my dlc's and bought stuff I need so I've spend alot more than than the misli $5 that's why I agree that you should get cash caps increase depending how much dlc's you've bout or money spend ext
    • Like x 2
  8. RSL New Player

i pay monthly and buy stuff i need so i've spent a lot more than the measly [i can't abide to mimic your egregious spelling error] amount you've spent. that's why i disagree that you should get anything more.
    • Like x 1
  9. EzioNight New Player

Didint let me finish that's why I guess it bothers some people that premiums get cash cap increase because some ppl just spend 5 dollars and feel entitled to everything and others spend a lot more and feel disregarded as a misli premium player just my opinion.
  10. EzioNight New Player

11. Minnion Devoted Player

As a premium I find this characterization insulting and unfair, I'm so sick of being lumped into that characterization for wanting what I want.
    Yes I want a cash cap increase too, and I understand that they won't grant it to me for nothing. (I'm more of a "I'll gladly buy a hamburger from you next Tuesday if you've added them to the menu for a reasonable price by then." kind of guy.)
    • Like x 1
  12. DaiKaiJu New Player

I never said you was wrong, but it is a valid reason. If you complain that a game sucks, but you still play it, it's not as sucky as you claim it to be and I sated that, so I think you and me are on the same page... Maybe your just trying to argue for the sake of it, but you can reread you post with my quote as i have said, if you are still here, then you must not be a busy as you have said.

Agreed but What i want to know is where is your stand on this?

Should one subcription bonuses be availble worth 81+ dollars a Premium player has spent money on? Or should that player spend on 14.99 a month every month? maybe every once in a while? (( 81+ being only DLC purchases after WoTL comes out. 9x9=81))

What is the real price of anything on DCUO, when sales happen as well? These are the thing people should notice. and maybe think on every once in a while.
  13. Zeo Committed Player

As a Legendary player I'm feeling forced to spend more than I already spent into my legendary plan, you want a hint? Buy lots of cash on the 50% sales, I really regret purchase 1 year of this legendary thing.
  14. RSL New Player

you're right. i shouldn't have said "most of them". i actually meant to edit that when i was done but forgot. that whole "some of us have a life" thing got me going. ;)

there's nothing wrong with a la carte but you know when you're doing it you only get the things you ordered. it's when you order a la carte knowing full well the restrictions then cry when the bill arrives that you didn't get enough during the meal and you'd like some more. for free.
  15. RSL New Player

not sure i follow what you mean by it being a valid reason. i'm strictly disagreeing on the "some of us have a life" line of reasoning and it's ad hominem implication that you're a chump and a no-life if you play the game more than they do or spend money they're unwilling/able to. oh and you know me. i LOVE arguing the devil's advocate but seriously, i think we may be talking about two different things there.

as i said in my previous reply, if you're ordering a la carte, you're doing just that. you don't get the benefits of anything else. you [perhaps rightly] think you know best what you want and don't but them's the pickings. the game isn't a philanthropic endeavor, it's a business. the limits on premiums are there to try to encourage upgrading to legendary not to punish anyone.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

can you tell me why you regret it? What you expected to get from the one year legendary because I will tell you what I expected to get and am getting then.
  17. DaiKaiJu New Player

I find it insulting to be called a bad black term because i am black when it is used in anger or hate, but it is a part of the Ebonics here in America/life.
    He is not fully wrong though, as he is saying, "it will be a few rotten apples to spoil the bunch". I feel it is unfair to label you as a premiuim player who spent only $5, but you are one of the group by the standards of DCUO and it's sad that it's like that. you could be the best apple in the bunch but when people see a majority of the worst, the good is overshadowed and overcome by negative feedback from others.
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Sheesh... Why did you feel the need to make this thread - this topic is so overly covered?

Premium and Legendary are completely equal they are only different methods for playing DCUO access.
    They have equal value to supporting the game. Players choose to pay however they see fit. I could play as a premium player and have the exact same 'access' as a person that plays with a Legendary Sub. The difference is that a Premium player pays for access individually and Legendary Player has a fee based subscription plan. ... that's it this not complicated.

I trust the development team to monetize the game how they see fit. I want DCUO to be profitable and the best that it can be as a video game and as an embodiment of the DC Universe. I support this game in the same way I support the dude that makes my pizzaa, without complaint about the price...I feel the product has value.
    • Like x 1
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

Doesn't mean I can't call people out on using unfair stereotypes to prop up/justify their arguments though. My stance is that just because we are premium shouldn't mean that we should not be allowed the option of at least buying a permanent increase to our cash cap.(The counter arguments usually assume that I'm one of "those guys" that want something for nothing just because I don't want to have to maintain a subscription at all times to avoid the inconvenient aspect of the cash cap impacting my ability to repair.(Never-mind that I am basically asking for the option of paying something to get the specific something I want, which in this case is a permanent increase to my cash cap.)
  20. RSL New Player

wow. just wow. use yr words. not yr swear words.

this coming from someone who talks like a proverbial sailor.