War of Light Part 2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chicago Bull, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

For those of you saying "a blue ring only works well when a green ring is nearby," you do know that a Green Lantern and a Blue Lantern being on opposite sides of the same planet still counts as "nearby" to them, right? They don't have to be in eyesight of each other. We have a planet with hundreds of GLs waging war right now. Blue rings have plenty of green support to function at full capacity.
    • Like x 2
  2. Franchise New Player

I think its pretty obvious how it would work by looking at st walker powers and kyle when he is blue.

obviously the one where they leave a pulsing blue lantern on the floor would be heal allies if they are near it like the soul well. but that is just like 6 powers out of 24 so I'm sure they can work it out.
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

I honestly dont mean any offence by this but I think people missed the point of my post.

Im not saying blue should or shouldn't be a heal power, im not saying it will or wont be a troll power. Like everyone here I have no idea as I do not work for DCUO. What I was trying to bring up is what I DO know, and what I do know is that Spytle said on either FNL 34, 35 or 36 that due to their current restraints they could only fit in ONE more power.

Personally idc if its heal or troll as Saint Walker is awesome in legends and I too would love to see blue in the game. All I was really saying is that anyone saying "ofc its going to be heal" better cross their fingers that DCUO gets a budget increase and new systems in within the year, because troll is next and if that ONE unknown power is introduced while they're still restricted then blue would probably be pushed back to WOTL3. im not saying anyone's wrong, im merely pointing out a fact that a dev brought up.
    • Like x 1
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

this. this is War Of The Light Part Two:)
    [IMG]

luthor with an orange ring.

star sapphires ( not the power)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Forgot to mention, this isn't DC saying no, its a systems restriction. Let me know & I'll find the FNL and the timeframe.
  6. Octantis New Player

That's what I'm curious/excited to see. As a fan, I have no idea how they're going to pull it off, assuming they go for it. Other than the pulsating lights you mention, there's not a whole lot else blue does! All I do know is that WotL2 can't get here soon enough.

That's way too convenient of an excuse. But, it'll probably be the one they run with, lol.
  7. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I doubt we get a new power with this DLC (Jens said that Rage is pushing the PS3 to it's limit) but if we do - Blue Lantern would be ideal. Jens also said they went with just one color for the new power (Rage) to save some room on the PS3 - possibly for one more power, so maybe. It would require them to break the cycle of power releases: troll -> healer -> tank, but I don't think too many people would care. Then we could have actual lantern raid/alert groups which would be sweet.
    • Like x 3
  8. Circe New Player

How would Blue work for villains?

Honestly, I'm hoping for Violet for both sides. Violet is a power that will work for both sides, unlike Blue.
    • Like x 1
  9. Octantis New Player

Ohh, don't you mean this guy?

[IMG]

;)

While this is 100% true, there is a tiny hitch...

From DC Wikia:
    "Unlike most Lantern Corps, save perhaps Agent Orange, the Star Sapphires are currently all female. However, it is not impossible for a man to wear and use the Ring. During The War of the Green Lanterns, Guy Gardner once wore a Sapphire Ring, in addition to a Red ring, to boost his power, and was able to, if only for a brief time, channel its power, though it proved extremely difficult (mainly due to the fact that he needed to make himself mad and feel love at the same time). The writers also stated that men are allowed into the corp, it's just that none have been found worthy yet."

Then again, why would male Star Sapphires be any less weird than hundreds of Green Lantern deputies on earth? :p
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

this is how blue works, just like any other power in the game, there exobyte based
  11. Nemisor Committed Player

rings are not exo based.
  12. nogimmick New Player

am i the only one that wants a couple of lantern themed iconic solos?

and another lantern would be nothing short of redundant. lantern healer all the way, baby.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rinkwraith New Player

What is that supposed to be?

Lol. You know, I'd managed to avoid really looking closely at the silly Lobo redesigns... but you tricked me there. I now feel.. Well.. Sullied. That guy might fit in perfectly in Final Fantasy XV... But if he appears in this game I am cancelling my subscription and quitting for ever. I kid you not.

I appreciate your joke though Octantis. Just not DC's. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

blue lantern powers!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

unless a ring flys into every brainiac ship i roll up a new lantern on, they are. the ring itself is a weapon if you want to get technical, but the "power" name in character select is either light, rage, and eventually, hope
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

the rings have deputised you. you might have had exo powers before, or not but rings are rings. they provide the power.
    • Like x 1
  17. Chicago Bull New Player

• Like x 1
  18. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

What do you mean by "too convenient"?!? That's straight from the comics! One Green Lantern on Odym was enough to unlock all the Blue Lanterns' offensive abilities in a wide-scale invasion of the planet. In fact, I wouldn't doubt that the green and blue rings would still effect each other if Saint Walker was standing on Mars and Hal on earth. These things are capable of near-instant interstellar communication and faster-than-light travel through hyperspace. To something operating on that same scale of distance, being in the same star system IS considered nearby. The "nearby" restriction has never meant "within eyesight".
  19. Nemisor Committed Player

not sure the other side of the planet would cut it. in that event agaisnt the reach kyle was in orbit and had no effect on the blues, it was only when he got within a few KM's ( roughly) did it unlock the blue rings.

though there is always ways around that with a little bit of fluff. like : the blue rings were infused with a portion of green mist from the battle of metropolis on there way to the new ring bearers which has unlocked the full capabilitys
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've said this before ... but I've always imagined that exobytes use a technology akin to what Amazo uses. The opening cutscenes imply that all exobytes 'stole' powers from the heroes and villains of the future - including Green Lanterns (Hal is even in the explanatory cutscene).

Amazo was never a member of the Green Lantern Corps - certainly not a deputy or a reservist or anything. And yet he still had a ring. I've always thought that exobytes actually formed a physical ring through which to focus their energy.

I think Light characters in the game draw from their respective batteries ... but I also think exobytes are the true sources of our power.
    • Like x 1