War of Light Part 2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chicago Bull, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've often thought that Geoff Johns has kind of a twisted view of love.

First off, the Star Sapphires are big on those crystal encasements ... you know, the things that trap you until you finally 'feel' the power of love. Sounds like the kind of powerset a stalker would choose.

And then there's The Predator. Yes, it was a nice nod to a character named The Predator from a 1980's storyline that involved the Carol Ferris version of Star Sapphire ... but naming the entity of love 'The Predator' has always seemed a bit cynical to me.

As far as the OP's thoughts ... I'm thinking that DLC2 will focus on the Star Sapphires with guest appearances from Larfleeze and Indigo-1. If the devs are able to stick to their planned pattern, it will be small-group content, so I'm figuring we'll see a bunch more solo stuff in an expanded Metropolis and some new Duos on Oa and Qwaard.
    • Like x 2
  2. AstroCreep New Player

Next power, blue lanterns fore sure and it will be awesome. Healing lanterns (can even heal dying suns!).
    First clue of this is the Blue Lantern gear that they have shown, the blue lantern weapon styles in marketplace and that we already have the power ingame! Saint Walker in Legends for example.
  3. NoWorries121 Well-Known Player

DC wouldnt give it the thumbs up. Copyright and eveything. They finally gave the thumbs up on the green auras. lol
  4. Octantis New Player

I'm still unsure how the power set will actually work. I'm convinced it'll be in the game for the exact reasons you suggest, but as with all the info on them I've posted they just seem too situational, at least for any of their offensive moves. The fact their rings have very important features that are only unlocked specifically by having a green ring near by is a very serious drawback and I'm curious to see what the Devs choose to do for their damaging powers.
  5. Nemisor Committed Player

i think we will see blue healers and violet healers split faction like green and yellows.

i would love to see some kind of armour sets like arkillo and kilowogs construct armour, then just change color as needed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Chicago Bull New Player

I don't think that will happen cause I can't see Violet(Love) become part of the villains.

And btw the only Lanterns that don't have an opposite is Green(Will).
    Unlike (if I could post the photo I would,but mobile won't let me)
    Villians vs Heroes:
    Fear vs Hope
    Greed/Avorice vs Compassion
    Rage vs Love
    Death vs Life
  7. bull425 Well-Known Player

Chicago Bull may be right. We may not see another lantern power in the game. I'm not sure what their plans are, but I could easily see that coming to pass. Having said that, we could if they did a blue/violet or blue/indigo for hero/villain side giving it the green and yellow treatment, same set, different colours. I'd be more than good with that.
  8. Octantis New Player

It's actually been established that Will and Fear are opposites in the comics. It can be argued, sure, but this far into the story (and especially after GL Rebirth, Secret Origin, and Sinestro Corps War) it's pretty much a fact. With their powers pretty much identical, it makes sense how they were added in DCUO.

I would also argue that Rage and Hope are opposites. In the comics, Hope stifles Rage, and is the only ring to save a red ringbearer's life once they are separated from their rings. It can also be observed that Star Sapphires frequently get angry while Blue Lanterns do not. This would be analogous to Green and Yellow - Will is without Fear as Hope is without Rage. At the same time though, Mera rejected the red ring with love in Blackest Night...

On the other hand, no Blue Lantern has ever appeared as a villain, only a hero, whereas Red Lanterns have been both. It'll be amusing to see Blue Lanterns pushing civillians off of rooftops or beating up Titanic Trenton, if Hope is added in for both factions.
  9. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Guys if blue is going to be a power I think everyones forgotten that it wouldn't be a healer, it'd be a controller power just like HL. The powers have been on a constant rotation- troll heal tank troll heal tank etc etc, HL electric earth quantum celestial rage. Next up is controller and tbh blue as a troll power makes a hell of a lot more sense than heal. Blue lanterns dont heal greens they recharge their rings. Now im not saying its impossible, between Amazon Fury & Apokolips Now (working title lol) there could very well be another troll power, but it seems unlikely considering the guys mentioned on FNL that due to current restraints theres just enough space for 1 more power and then thats it for a while. Food for thought anyway.
    • Like x 1
  10. Octantis New Player

Blue actually does heal physical wounds. It's been shown on multiple occasions to restart the hearts of red lanterns who lose their rings as well. It can even help individuals overcome emotional trauma with the use of their unique constructs. All that without a green ring nearby.

Some specific examples:
    Restarting Hearts: Mera at the end of Blackest Night; Guy Gardner mentions during War of the Green Lanterns that putting on a red ring is a death sentence without a Blue Lantern nearby, citing an early experience (Kyle Raynor confirms this in the same panel)

Healing Wounds: When Kyle Raynor was mastering Rage in the New 52, he healed some civilians that were beaten down by militants. He later is seen using blue light to heal again after becoming a White Lantern (white not showing the ability to heal itself, but accesses blue to do it). Saint Walker also uses his ring to regenerate Arkillo's tongue after it had been ripped off.

With a green ring, Hope and Will supercharge each other: Green Rings get recharged beyond their capacity and their constructs are magnified, while Blue's offensive abilities are unlocked. The Green Lantern Animated Series only shows the buffing of Green Lanterns, but Blues do get a benefit, too. When Relic came to destroy the Blue Central Power Battery, the Blue Lanterns comment how they can only shield themselves without Kyle Raynor's green ring to unlock their ability to fight back.

That's all the examples I have at the moment. I'm missing a lot of Lantern books from the actual "War of the Light" arc between Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night, but there are plenty of examples during War of the Green Lanterns and later during the New 52's various arcs, but primarily the New Guardians series. I'll get it at some point, though; I need that arc to finish off my Geoff Johns GL saga anyway.

In any case, it'd make sense that the 3rd Lantern power be the third Support Role (that being Healer) rather than a repeat.
  11. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Damn I never noticed the typo, my post was supposed to say "blue lanterns dont JUST heal greens they recharge their rings". My bad im working off a new tablet lol. Point is still outstanding though, unless you want the forums in an uproar about a troll power being skipped and considering the devs did state on FNL that theres really only space for 1 more power for the moment (I think it was said in FNL 35 or 36?) then theres only 2 options- 1) we're getting an unknown troll power during Amazon Fury or Apokolips Now and Blue might be pushed back to WOTL Part 3 in 2015, or 2) Blue is next and it'd have to be a troll power. All we can do is wait and see really.
  12. Emerald Knight Well-Known Player

Carol Ferris, Star Sapphire in Legends please. (And also...Hope healing pretty please)
  13. H.. Committed Player

I must admit that every time one of those Blue Rings scans me I hope to hear a voice saying "You Have Been Chosen to...."
    • Like x 2
  14. Rasta Committed Player

To all of those wanting Blue Lantern to be a healer power, isn't it more like a controller?
  15. Octantis New Player

Haha what a typo it was :p From what I understand there are at least two DLCs between now and War of the Light 2. If the next DLC contains no new power, then the one following it probably will, and then we'll be to WotL2 and set for a healing power :) So there's time!

I have provided numerous examples from the source texts of why it's more likely to be Healer than Controller. In any case, the only Support Role that doesn't have a Lantern power now is Healer, so from a balance stand point it makes sense to do healing. But then again, I have also taken a step back and am questioning how Blue Lanterns will work in the Damage Role as well. They are about as likely to deal Damage as they are Control; so despite there being Blue Lantern Armor, a Weapon Pack, and Saint Walker as a Legends character, I have serious doubts about Hope as a power in general.
    • Like x 1
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

no, it just makes more sense for blue and the villan eqivilant to be healer. why have two HL troll powers? the next power to come out will be troll, either with the amazon dlc or the halls of power one, then the next wotl dlc will have blue and somthing else heals.

mark my words...........mark them....now.....hurry up.........why are you not marking them?

there is just no way a blue could be villan. there is not even a decent argument for it.
    • Like x 1
  17. MercPony Devoted Player

Yeah this is something most aren't thinking about when it comes to Hope/Blue Lanterns as a power. The devs would have to find a neutral name for it while still using the same faction specific version like they did with Light powers.

Even if a villain is capable of "hoping" their vile deeds are a success, it makes little sense to let villains use THE Blue power ring.
    • Like x 1
  18. Owl Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  19. Rinkwraith New Player

[IMG]

I'm going to start putting this guy in every thread until the devs listen and give us some off-world missions with Lobo. If that means giving him a ring and putting up with more lanterns too, so be it.
  20. Franchise New Player

I believe the blue lantern would be the healer powerset on the hero side and violet (star sapphire) will be healer on villain side.
    Im sure the star sapphire will be in pt 2 cause if you look in the battlezone area, there is a purple mist but no one is in it.