Wait.. when did this miracle happen? (sending cash via in game mail)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by myandria, Mar 1, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

Ok, so maybe I am behind a day or two? I've just logged in and saw that there is a slot to send in-game cash via in-game mail when I sent another toon some goodies.

WOOOW! Thank you devs! You like us, you really like us! (well, maybe a little?):D
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

That's always been there, but they disabled the functionality of it a few years ago when the money glitches were happening.
    • Like x 1
  3. myandria Item Storage

So it must have been re-enabled recently? I didnt see it there a day or so ago.
  4. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Its Always Been There To Be Honest

You Jus Cant Send Money To Any Of Your Characters
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

One should generally see their optometrist once a year. ;)
    • Like x 4
  6. inferno Loyal Player

When you try to use it you will only get a message that your account is not authorized to send cash.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The slot is there.....the functionality is not (unless it changed with yesterdays' maintenance). It did not work Sunday...I gave it a shot.
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I need the ability to send money to my other character. This makes no sense to me that one can send money to others but to your own other character. Someone mentioned a money glitch, so the remedy was to punish us all?
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I think Pandorus mentioned something about account currency somewhere. Either on the forums or #AskDCUO.

As I see #AskDCUO has been nuked off the discord, I don't know. It might have been a dream.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

You noticed it, too?:(
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I liked referencing the archived posts. :( Maybe they didn't like that we were doing that.

So is #AskDCUO gone for good now?
  12. Eve YouTuber

I'm not sure. I was wondering the same thing, I doubt this was the reason though.
  13. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Yeah I'm With You There I Would Love To Send Money To My Other Characters Instead Of Starting From Scratch

But Its True Their Was A Money Glitch Which You Where Able To Make Millions & Billions Of Dollars And Be Able To Send It By Mail To Other Alternates So No One Would Know The Wiser

So Devs Cleared A Certain Amount Of Money To Thoose That Did It Also At The Cost Of The Ppl Who Earned It Legitimately

Hence Forth No More Mailing Money Unfortunately
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You really need to change that negative perspective. They're not punishing anyone, they are trying to prevent further money glitches. Yes, that unfortunately affects us all, and it's highly inconvenient, but again, this is not a punishment. It's a preventative measure.
    • Like x 2
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

Has this post found its way over from a ‘bad album name suggestions’ thread elsewhere on the internet?
  16. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Lol I Don't Even Kno Haven't Searched For Something Like That
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Is there a reason they keep nuking that discord server?

It seems odd considering it's a relatively decent conduit for communicating with your player base in real time.

I know the devs are in there, but at one point I could've sworn they abandoned it to the players? I don't view it as much as I used too.
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

No, it never, ever, went away. It just stopped working, is all.

No offense intended, but I hope Batman isn't your mentor. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

The Discord channel isn't gone, just the #AskDCUO sub channel. I don't know if they maybe just made it hidden. Maybe nothing is lost and it will be back, but it was already locked from chat and could just be viewed.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure how it prevents more glitches....From what I know about the last one, it had nothing to do with the mail, but mail was indeed used to distribute the money. All disabling money mail does is to make it harder to distribute the ill gotten gains...not to make more of them if some new process is found.

However, I'm fine with not being able to send mail still if I can get a way to move money from toon A to toon B on my own account. Shared mail, cash slot in bank...osmosis....whatever. Having to broker move it and pay 5% each time is bogus, especially as the ability to 'trade' money is a member perk we've lost some access to (well you all have...I dropped sub yesterday).

Not sure if it was part of the decision to leave it disabled, but I'd also guess that it's reigned in the cash sellers a bit. it's more work to co-ordinate a hand to hand trade vs just mailing the cash over. So another reason that may be there....outside of preventing another money glitch, or hindering the last one.