W.I.P. Combat Balance - Jump Canceling Solutions

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Best DPS New Player

So happy this is occurring, I am getting sick and tired of the way DPS players are. They way they ridicule other dps players and how they are changing the game to their way.

The fact they find all things to circumvent the clipping system to front load too much damage that is unfair and cry hard when it gets fixed.

Its really bad on the US PC Villain side with macroes with a certain league that likes to change names a lot.

i am glad this is occurring, will show how most of you cant actually dps without a crutch.
    • Like x 6
  2. helvetica New Player

This is everything that's wrong with the game and those opposed to fixing JC clipping, right here in one post.

The attitude and con-descent is a given but...

Balance means this effects all powersets. HL won't have an advantage anymore. All powersets will be able to dps with equal potential. Yes, that's balance.

No, you don't need to use a token to switch powers. LOL. FOTM chasers make me smile. Just throw you money away to a charity instead. smh. FOTM = I'm looking for an advantage because I'm not good enough to be the best when everyone has equal tools.

And no, you're not an "enemy of the game" because you disagreed. You're an enemy if the devs even explain how seriously this effects the game and how big of a problem it is and how it is destroying the game if it's not fixed, and you still fight against fixing the game. If it was some simple problem that wasn't serious and didn't destroy the game... disagreeing wouldn't mean anything. But this is bigger than that. The fact that you don't get how serious this is, tells us that you really don't understand the complexity of the problem. Again, giving feedback isn't constructive unless it's on topic. If they say "this is how we're fixing this", what do you guys think and you say "don't fix it" ...that's not very useful is it?
    • Like x 6
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually once the changes are set, JC and animation time. During the test phase it will be up to the community to test the powersets and see if they need nerfed or buffed. Again you are worried that HL wont be a playable power like earth or electricity, so once the change is set start giving feedback. However many are concerned they will fall on deaf ears like the past year people have been creating multiple threads about earth and electric and see how thats been going.

Assuming that they are going to buff HL by a little to make up for JC. If not then R.I.P and I hate to see many of my friends leave the game because they changed HL damage factor and would be super ironic if you have green lantern dlc but the green lantern power is turned to crap.
    • Like x 7
  4. La Shark Dedicated Player

(fangirls and fanboys)+(fast pro combat fans)=2013 revenue

(fangirls and fanboys)= 2014 revenue
    • Like x 6
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

@Light FX

Wrong, LIGHT (The power set is called "Light" NOT "Hard Light") will not be a "garbage" DPS set with this dovetail. Do you know why? The are speeding up all the long animations, and slowing down some of the faster ones, this will be done to all power sets. Thus, all power sets will be effected equally.

You and all the others against these changes need to simply go back to the WIP part of the forums and read ALL of the work in progress OP's. If you read them all, then you will fully understand what is taking place. It seems, to me at least, that most of the nay sayers in here do not have all the information, just bits and pieces.

That said, the jump canceling changes are needed from both a combat balance perspective, and a damage out balance perspective. This is going to ensure they can better balance ALL the power sets against each other and ensure there is not a handful of power sets that are better than all the rest. The dovetail, if it is 1.05, is perfect, since all animations will be 1 to 1.2 seconds in length. :)
    • Like x 3
  6. The Hornet New Player

This, all of this, is basically my takeaway from this ordeal, yeah.
    • Like x 6
  7. terrowshade12 New Player

Yep same here all the talk about we want your feed back and the only poeple they listen to are the two most down voted poeple in the forums.
    Oh and guy asking about final fantasy its called a realm reborn its ok. Id wait for elder scrolls online. Starts next on pc and june on ps4.
    • Like x 3
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

spytle I read your definition of the clipping with beneficial and offensive super powers and a lot has been said about this subject concerning HL dps and ive played it 4 lil over a year now and the 2 combos I do for range in the t5 raids r either fan>snap>fan or ram>snap>fan>gh>fan and if there r 3 trolls I take out the ram on that combo and with your explanation of the problem w/clipping offensive and beneficial superpowers this does not apply 2 these hard light combos, so plz explain y this needs 2 b changed? All I ever see is people complaining about this subject is HL dpsing being too op or whatever and they want it nerfed but if is not causing the problems u outline then im very confusedand, I hope I understood it right, which me and my league just discussed this and 10 people all said the same thing, so again I would really appreciate an explanation 2 this, thank you :) and maybe u will say u already answered this but if u look at what I said maybe u can understand what I mean, none of the powers i mentioned is a beneficial power from what your definition of them is, so y would clipping and jump canceling these powers cause any problem at all?
    • Like x 2
  9. Frankzilla Committed Player

If you want to ensure better balance in this game stop listening to ppl like giggles and all the rest of these nerf wave riders. listening to amateurs whom mastered the dev jargon doesn't make them qualified. Its kind of like the police letting neighborhood watch stop a bank robbery and look where its gotten us. Having to completely alter the state of play just to get to a point where you can have a easier time still trying to balance everything out. Smh
    • Like x 2
  10. Jax Prime New Player

It does not make much difference what it is called, people still recognise the intended meaning. No need for correcting him whatsoever.

You say all powers will be effectively equal yet I find it hard to actually believe you know what equality actually is. There will never be balance in this game, thats just the way it is. With WM and now JC """"Balance"""", what they are actually doing is just tipping the scale again. DoT powersets will benefit the most out of both these new intended equalisers and burst will effectively fall behind.

Hard Light range is reliant, I repeat, reliant on the fast JC. I previously said HL could be played without JC, which is true, you could Melee to your hearts content and never need to JC, however, not everything in this game can be facerolled and you become a hindrance when you go CQC on everything.
    You say that yet it seems you do not understand how certain powers work and what balance actually is. The devs are flashing around this word yet no such thing can be seen from a galaxy away.

The Devs talked about HL damage potential, completely ignoring that it is just potential and this potential is only accessible with significant strain of the group (trolls). The individual powers themselves do not do much damage, go try out HL constructs and tell me if they actually are worth anything if not being used in fast succession.
    No it is not.

The devs talked about wanting to give an alternative to clipping and JC. If this is really what they truly desired, WM was enough, they did not need to go that extra light year.

As HL, animations being faster really does not mean anything, half the powers are useless anyway and the ones we use are fast enough and really do not require adjustment. The community has given its feedback, a large majority have disagreed with this JC change yet the devs ignore this.

Really, there is no point in any of these W.I.P threads. Just implement the change forcefully as it seems like its going to happen now and be done with it. No need to ridicule the playerbase by ignoring what has been put to rest - We do not want JC adjustment. You can shove WM down our throats but JC adjustment is just an insult and a middle finger to the majority.[/quote]
    • Like x 10
  11. helvetica New Player

What majority? It's the same 10 people in this thread QQing. The "majority" of the community on the forums is out there in the rest of the forums not in here QQing. You got majority from the 10-20 people who have QQd in these threads??:rolleyes: Anyhow, it's not a democracy. They decided to fix the game. We have no say in that. We have a say in the fine tuning of the fixes. Read the Op.
    • Like x 6
  12. Collector New Player

OK I have an actual on topic solution! Allow players to jump when ever they want!, no power or weapon canceling/interruption, your feet are stuck to the ground, why because I cast a power or threw my weapon, that is done with the upper body and running/moving and jumping is your legs and feet. So there it is in a nutshell, have it so jumping doesn't cancel powers or animations, it just lets you jump and move your character, your character has jumped so you can clear any danger but your hands are still within the cast animation or weapon animation! Allow players to jump without the cancel! Is there any reason just because you jumped that power/weapon chains need be broken? Why can't the animation/cooldown still occur while you are jumping? This would allow more movement making fighting more strategic while not messing with any or the clipping chains all together! PROBLEM SOLVED!
    • Like x 2
  13. Jax Prime New Player

You do realise that the majority of DPS in the game JC right?
    Are these 10 people the Majority in this thread then?

If we actually created a poll on how many people wanted JC adjusted against those who did not, ask the Devs to create an announcement on the game for voting, I can bet my left leg that much more people would want JC the way it is.
    • Like x 3
  14. helvetica New Player

My mistake. When you started throwing around the word "majority" it looked like you meant that the majority of the community was against fixing JC Clipping (because that's what you literally said in the quote). But you actually meant the majority of the QQers in this thread were against fixing JC Clipping. I getcha. I agree completely in that case. lol.

Bro, if we took a poll and asked how many people wanted the powersets to be balanced, content to be relevant etc and added up all the issues this fix addresses and how many didn't want this list fixed... How do you think it would turn out? Because that's the poll we'd care about.

These problems are being fixed, BY fixing JC clipping. The devs (the experts) have told us that to fix these things we've all been crying about for 3 years, we need to fix JC clipping. It's the source of these problems. Why is this so hard for some of you to get?
    • Like x 4
  15. Mr.Me New Player

Jens actually posted a video days ago showing the current build vs the internal build with the dovetail, imo its a big dif and slow. Goes from HL clipping so fast you can't see fan almost, to being so slow that you can't not see fan clear as day. Its only one sec but its going to mean your never pulling off a HL combo with out getting countered.

Also in the new build the way it works is the exact opposite of your idea, not only does jump not let you cancel the move anymore, it doesn't even jump it just cancels the power you where using. I'm assuming if you want it to actually jump then you have to hit the button twice, and may as well be rooted in place every time you use a power.

This whole thing seems to be about 2 things, making things slower so people don't / can't use power as fast, and making things slower so that under skilled people have nice neat stationary targets to attack. To me this is just a crummy work around, and another in a long line of changes that make things more casual and less interesting.
    • Like x 4
  16. Jax Prime New Player

Balance in DCUO? Lets not get comical.
    People care about JC, people have been vocal on the forum about it. Are you implying that slowing down gameplay and changing a core playstyle of majority of the community is irrelevant?

These experts constantly throw around balance and choice while not actually providing any such thing. WM alone takes the uniqueness out of certain powers (which laughs at the notion of balance), animation changes will give advantage to certain powers over others (which again spits at the idea of balance) and JC adjustment slows down combat, reinvents what the majority of the community know and limits what people enjoy and considers skilful (pukes on the idea of play your way)

I respect the devs and sometimes am amazed by what they come up with, thoroughly appreciating their effort, but calling them experts on this matter is laughable.
    • Like x 5
  17. helvetica New Player

*Shrug* Battle on brother. Unless you can pull a portfolio of game design work out of your magic hat, they know better than you. Despite you thinking you know better.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jax Prime New Player

I will continue battling on, even though I know everything that has been keenly suggested will be ignored for the sake of "balance", which a few months later will be scraped for more "balance" and the circle continues.

And really, that does not mean they know more than I do, they can design they game but not know how to play it. A lot of DEVs have zero clue on how to play the game. Its like assuming the creators of FIFA know more about it than people who dedicate their lives to play it.
    • Like x 3
  19. terrowshade12 New Player

Helvetic how can you say majority are for nerfing jump clipping when its you and two other poeple verse at least 15 if not more poeple against it. If you keep that same amount of likes verse dislikes with the hole community you loose in a land slide. I know were qq’s but what that make you? Balance can be done with out wrecking a mechanic lots of poeple like and slowing the game down. Its odd your not asking for buffs to elec and earth none of these changes help ether of them powers. How bout asking for buffs not nerfs.
    • Like x 5
  20. UMBRA Well-Known Player

Some stuff that some people may have missed (this is from from the animation times thread).

Devs know the currently proposed changes will not instantly result in balance. They already intend to make further adjustments after the implementation of whatever measures they decide to do first. We should take that into account. What is being discussed here is not a single change, but only the first steps in a process.

This changes will standardize some unchecked elements. This will allow to then start working on the actual balance. Yes, the first steps will have non desirable consequences, but they should be fixed in the near future.

Sometimes, if the foundations are weak, you need to tear down the house in order to fix them. Of course, things are not going to look good when the house has been demolished, but a stronger one will replace it.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.