Void uplink does no damage ticks if used in utility belt slot 3

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Pinky, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Pinky Well-Known Player

Void Uplink Device (dropped from Shadow Golem in Chaos Gotham) does no damage ticks on use.
    Not sure why this is happening.
    All my other trinkets work fine: Orbital Strike Uplink Device, Supply Drop, Green Crystal Turret, Fiendish Imp's Tome.

Edit: Void Uplink Device does no damage ticks even if I change slots it to utility slots 1,2, and 4.
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

It should be using the same structure/setup as the other orbitals (they're just copies with cosmetic differences applied) but I'll look into it tomorrow.
    • Like x 2
  3. Pinky Well-Known Player

I did a bit of testing and found out that when I swapped out my might artifacts (tetrahedron, soul cloak, dead king's scepter) and replaced them with my precision artifacts (legionaire's sparring AI, cog of mageddon, venom wrist dispensor) the void uplink worked normally and i could see the damage ticks being applied.
    Could it be there is something wrong with an artifact interacting with the void uplink? The most likely suspect I can think of is the Dead King's Scepter as it modifies the cooldown on all trinkets. Will do a bit more testing to find out.
  4. Pinky Well-Known Player

Alright, I just confirmed that the Void uplink does not work when the Dead King's Scepter artifact is equipped.
    The Void uplink does no damage ticks when the Dead King's Scepter artifact is equipped (I have the Dead King's Scepter at rank 160).
    When I swap out the Dead King's Scepter with another artifact, the Void Uplink device works normally and applies 5 damage ticks of 18000 per tick (exactly the same damage ticks as the normal Orbital Strike uplink obtained from our base dispensor).
  5. Pinky Well-Known Player

I tried out the Shadow Strike Uplink Device (the orbital which dropped from SM Season 1 Vampire Lord) with the Dead King's Scepter equipped and it had exactly the same issue as the Void Uplink Device - i used it but there were no damage ticks from the orbital. When I unequipped the Dead King's Scepter, the Shadow Strike Uplink Device worked normally and showed 5 damage ticks of 18000 damage per tick (at 272 cr).
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll get with the designer who made the artifacts in the morning. Thanks for the info!
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

At the same time you are speaking with Batuba the orbitals were not doing the 20% extra damage at rank 160 in survival mode, I can test it tonight if it works on live server but confirmed that during SM you would get the decreased cooldown but the damage values of a regular orbital and a dead king orbital were the exact same throughout SM. It wasn't widely known as there were other artifact combinations that were more helpful.
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

We found that all the orbitals from, and including, the trident orbital had a bug. Anything before that should work as intended. At least as far as the original post goes. Not sure about the extra damage, rank 160 stuff for all other orbitals.

Void, Shadow, Heat Vision, St Patty, Trident were affected.

The fix should be going in early next week if all things align.
    • Like x 4
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a Unicorn Orbital?
    • Like x 1
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Oops. Legit no. There is not. I was looking at supply drops for something else and had wishful thinking on my mind.

But hey, maybe one day. I'll talk to Oceans. :p
    • Like x 6
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Zamara Dedicated Player

If it ever happens it has to be as colorful and adorable as possible :p
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It needs to have it's own music, it needs to be heavy metal. Electric guitars, rainbows, glitter, death and destruction.
    • Like x 1
  14. Phoenix Five Active Player

So... I have the dead king's scepter also equiped. It does work for me. It does about 200k precision damage. I'm pretty comfortable with that. <3 ^^
  15. Pinky Well-Known Player

What rank is your Dead King's Scepter?
    Which other artifacts do you have equipped when you used the Void uplink with Dead King's Scepter?
  16. Phoenix Five Active Player

It is rank 0. I am just keeping it there until I can upgrade it.
    I have the lazarus artifact and the AI legionaires artifact ( I'm not exactly sure if I got that last one correct.)
    I now also see why you've asked that, the damage is for about 20k per tick, not the 200k described above.
    I mean Circe would be all over me saying that she doesn't like people saying how powerful they are because of some magical artifact.....
    < hhhh >

(Odd that I can edit this message, but not the previous message) <3 Forums. Oh that guy. ^^
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

The hotfix this morning hopefully addresses the issues reported.
    • Like x 1