Vitalization Registration Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superskull85, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sore Steadfast Player

Did you check on LIVE or TEST? It looks like they made mention of it in the GU25 patch notes. That is still only on TEST. I haven't done any verification for myself, however.
  2. Susanoo Well-Known Player

I tested on the live server
  3. Massah Committed Player

With them adding Vit to all T5 weapon gear.....it would be very nice to see this fixed otherwise players are seriously going to complain about not regenerating power with the new "increased power-cost" for powers. Since it still seems to be broken on the GU25 Test server - would be a shame if the vit-bug does not get fixed soon.
  4. Susanoo Well-Known Player

I plan on recording the glitch today when I get home just so they know what I'm referring to
    • Like x 1
  5. Susanoo Well-Known Player

Finally got around the making the vid........here is the glitch we are referring to Mepps, hope this helps?
    • Like x 5
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure a fix is in update 25 based on Mepps saying that they know about it and the patch notes. Update 25 is not live yet.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This issue is resolved with GU 25.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thread reopened based on ongoing reports.
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

I can also confirm this bug still lives.
    • Like x 2
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Thank you Mepps for reopening the thread. This bug is only half fixed.

If you increase your Vitalization while your weapon is equipped you will see an increase in your weapon regen. However if you decrease your Vitalization while your weapon is still equipped than you will not see a decrease in your weapon regen. In order to resolve this you would need to re-equip your weapon.

Here is the PM I originally sent Mepps for more information about how I figured this out:

"Hello,

I have test this bug on live and it is only half fixed. If you increase your Vitalization this bug has been fixed. However if you decrease your Vitalization you will still encounter this bug. I took the same steps I outlined in the thread below first by decreasing my Vitalization (which lead me to believe the bug was fixed).

I tried replicating my results by putting my gear back on (I did not think it would matter either way) and found that my weapon regen changed. I kept doing this cycle back and forth and realized that it was fixed when you increase your Vitalization but not when you decrease your Vitalization.

Please reopen this bug report and I can add my findings. You can find it here: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/vitalization-registration-bug.1018/

Thanks,

Superskull85."
    • Like x 5
  11. Laff Riot New Player

Yeah this is still happening. I just ran the T5 alert and got the controller mask. It was suppose to give me 4 more vit but when I put the mask on, it didnt give me my vit.
  12. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

ACK!
    lol :confused:

shoot, i'd been meaning to test things since the update, but almost didnt have the heart to find out for sure.
    i had a feeling something wasnt quite fixed.

so, i'm having a hard time understanding the new problem.
    does this mean i just need to go back to unequiping and reequiping my weapons ever time i zone?

thanks...
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Say you switch from Damage gear to Controller you would not have to switch your weapon anymore. However if you switch from Controller gear to Damage than you would need to switch your weapon in order to see the appropriate decrease with your weapon regen.

This was before the various hotfixes after the update though so this may or may not have changed. I have not tested it since I posted that last message.
  14. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

are you saying basically if a player changes gear or stance, and vit goes down with that change that the bug is still in effect? ...but not the other way?
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Yes I am.
    • Like x 1
  16. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

...so in other words DPSes can still exploit it. :eek:
  17. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

actually tested this today, and from what i could see the bug is still happening exactly like it was before.
    i had to unequip and reequip my weapon every time i zoned to get any vit bonus from weapon regen.
    • Like x 1
  18. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I may be able to find time to test again. Regardless the issue is still not entirely fixed.
  19. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Yeah, I'm finding approx half the time, moreso in the T5 ops.. that I have to reequip weapon as well.
  20. ArielaBlue New Player

I always must re equip my weapon whenever I change zones.
    I must requip my weapon for my true Vit to register correctly.
    Please fix this
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.