Vent Thread: Maybe I dont know how to play this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Avenged, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I'm pretty good at the Demon's Souls games, where you can find a way out of most situations based on your skill and timing. Blocking, stat/gear management, item strategy, parrying attacks, dodging, etc. I end up feeling pretty capable in most situations.

I love this game, but I have to admit I don't ever feel quite that super. I block, I dodge, I time my actions according to enemy signs, I manage items, I modify gear, etc. and the end result seems to be the same. I don't really feel that powerful no matter what role or power I'm using. It's weird getting pushed back a full room distance by a Pengbot laser in one place, but fully blocking an attack from Hades in another.

Some of these attacks should have more weight/power just by design. Like Quantum's Singularity attack where you create a black hole near your target, damaging it and pulling everything toward the void eventually exploding. That doesn't sound like something a Hopper from Bane's gang should survive.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, it's certainly possible.

/Vent
    • Like x 1
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

what really sucks is i know i should just quit the game. walk away from it and never look back.

if only i didn't love my characters as much as i do.

they really !@#$d everything up.

but enjoy the cheaper lower tiered vendor gear!
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be fair, comic book characters fluctuate in strength/power all the time.