Venom tank, Lantern heal and shadow controller.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TeflontheIcon, Jul 15, 2021.

1. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

They spoke of venom years ago... Lantern animations are in game as well as the heal role missing. I threw shadow troll in due to request and shadow animations are in game. Your thoughts on this age old request.
    • Like x 2
  2. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Bane, Saint Walker and Idk who would be Shadow inspiration character. Can't remember what the guys said. Oh yeah! Magnetic Troll. Jeez. Edit the op to magnetic Troll. Inspired by that one dude. Uh cosmic boy I . There.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Even if more powers were a possibility lanterns can not come to the game. WB is very protective with their lanterns. They won’t allow dcuo to use them unless they make it work with the lore of the lanterns.

As it stands if we get lanterns as healers we would need either 1 faction that works with both hero and villains or 2 factions one for healers and one for villains. The second one is not possible since none of the remaining factions have similar traits.

Black and white lanterns are completely out of the question.
    Indigo tribe use staffs from what I remember and are pretty much all criminal being posed but the indigo light forcing them to feel compassion.
    Orange lanterns are completely out of the question because their can only be one lantern who is full of greed which leads to them not allowing anyone else to wield another ring.
    Star sapphires are… well they are pretty much all female. Dcuo doesn’t have gender or faction specific powers so another one that just won’t work.
    Blue lanterns are the emotional spectrum of hope. They are only heroes so villains wouldn’t be allowed to choose this as a power

If they really wanted to the only powers that would work at all would be blue and indigo since orange and start sapphire have to many limitations. In order for this to work WB would have to give dcuo permission to use them but also the devs would have to create 2 completely separate powers. Blue for heroes and indigo for villains. They would not be allowed to be used as the same powers like the sinestro corps and green lanterns. Green and yellow lanterns function the same so they were able to share the same power across faction. Blue and indigo do not function that way. And let’s be honest the community would never be ok with each faction having an exclusive power. Heroes will not be able to have indigo and villains will never be able to have blue lanterns.
  4. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Huh? Yea... So what do you guys think?
  5. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Indigo for healer lantern power imo i would prefer Wind Power controller though.
  6. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

Good Evening ultraviolet Corps is perfect for villain healer.
    Heroes get Blue lantern.
    They can use Legends character powers to make it.
    Saint walkers battery can be Aoe heal like water/Sorcery circle.
    • Like x 4
  7. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Agreed. We would settle for more rehashed animations. And the colors sound about right. They integrated the wind power from beta into the movement tree. What about that Venom they mentioned before? Or any tank suggestions? Traditionally they make all three roles.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Personally I think Metal/Magnet would best fit a tank powerset. There are a few enemy NPC animations revolving around Music/Sound Manipulation, that could be a fun controller powerset. Experimental Serums could be a buff/heal powerset and instead of being based solely around Venom it could be based around multiple drugs/medicines from the DC Universe: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Drugs
    • Like x 1
  9. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

See i hate the movement tree aspect to part and parcel of wind to be it should of been a seperate for Wind instead of mix and match of Earth and flight/ Superspeed. Shadow could work as tank or troll or Magnetism definately Tank.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Ice has an entire tree dedicated to storms as well. Resonating gale. Wintery tempest. Bitter winds. Arctic gust etc etc.

Wind is a pipe dream, but if it did exist... it better be a tank. I want to just be a moving tornado. A body isn't necessary.
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Heal blue lantern, Heal blue lantern and heal blue lantern !

Why blue? Because blue lanterns help to strengthen the power of green lanterns while having the ability to heal them and they can also help red lanterns to grow their heart and circulatory system.
    • Like x 1
  12. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Ah i kinda forgot ice has wind power aspects but still would prefer it as seperate power. Tank power i kinda hope not why are some people dead set on it as tank. Not only that we already have 3 elemental tank powers. We don't need a 4th elemental tank we are lacking a elemental Troll.
  13. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Never considered magnet Tank. I just wanted to grow big in tank role. Dang that sounds cool! Magnet Tank!
  14. Blight KOBRA Commander

If only, I'd love a Shadow/Darkness based power set. The Venom tank would be a nice addition too.
  15. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Talking with my viewers, we are wondering what would be the Hero "inspired by" for Venom?
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Controller, I'd see something based on Doctor Fate, I'd like something inspired by that character, although mentally not very similar, let's not forget that Docetur Fate has a large library of spells built into his head through his helmet.
  17. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

bane was aborted because it is to much luck drug use. if they came out with a bane power i would just make a junky toon.
  18. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

maybe a shadow user for villian side and light for hero. kinda just sounds like splitting celest into two powers though.give me lanterns more lanterns.
  19. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I like it I don't play any lantern powers much but these two would definitely make me want to definitely blue lantern.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ergotth Committed Player

Actualy Violet lanterns would be quite fitting. First of all, Star Saphires are NOT female-only. Its just their niche. And some writers of DC Comics stated it is possible for males to become one as well. Plus they have this unique ability to convert other lanterns to their side, willing or not.
    Second: they also fit both factions since they are a very chaotic neutral faction (what is more chaoticf neutral than LOVE?) And overall it fits to be a healer since you would care and protect those you love. Animation-wise its handled on a silver tray, Aside from the colours, Violet lanterns have this unique ability of crystalization, so you can think of a lot of unique skills with this put on.

Blue lanterns are out of question because each and every single blue lantern was hand-picked by Saint Walker, and they are weak without a green lantern to empower, they AUTOMATICALY weaken red, orange and yellow lanterns and overall are more controllers than healers.

As for other powers yet to see, would be fun to have Shadows, Light (like in Doctor Light, controlling photons, having optical illusions, etc), Metal, Sound/Music, Ghost powers... that even brings me back to my old threads of these powers xD