Vault Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Sungod El, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Sungod El Level 30

I don't have a video but I had this happen to me multiple times. I que up for any instance then I que for the vault. I get it and get all the vault boxes. I stay in there mostly because the instance to a raid, alert or event pops up. I accept it and I get teleported to the instance. Once the instance is completed, I noticed I can go back to the vault.
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Interesting. When you return to the Vault after the raid, does the Vault reset?

Edit: I'm going to try this and see what happens.
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You do not return to the vault. You return to where you were before you entered the vault.

Your options are either wait until you've done the vault to que up for something else or do not accept the instance until you've finished opening boxes (you have a minute to accept the instance before you are dropped out and the vault takes less than a minute to complete).
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm confused now. What is the issue?
  5. Sungod El Level 30

That's essentially it. After the instance I can que up again for the vault.
    Don't know what you are getting at. Lol

But anyways, lets say im at the watchtower, I que up for the vault. Once in the vault I que up for let's say JLD event duo. The instance pops up. I then proceed to opening all the boxes in the vault but I don't leave. I then accept the instance. I finish the duo and I get teleported back to the watchtower. I then see on my tab that I can que up again to the vault.
  6. myandria Item Storage

Oh, ok. I do notice that you can queue up an On-Duty mission from the vault; did not know that until today.

I have tried to recreate this and I could not; guess it happens randomly.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Ahhh ok, then that is definitely not intended/bug/glitch.
  8. Sungod El Level 30

Yes, I couldn't recreate it again. I'll try again tomorrow.
  9. AccOp Well-Known Player

That's quite creative.
    • Like x 1
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The vault is considered a pseudo-instance. In short, if you queue into something else, do not queue into the vault. Just run your vault... THEN queue up anything and everything.
  11. myandria Item Storage

Good point; however, I'm not sure how many players will take that advice.

Suggestions:
    Perhaps the devs can look into blocking players from going inside of the vault if another mission is queued up or; if they are in the Vault already, prevent players from queuing up missions from within the Vault. If you queue up a mission then queue up the vault, the vault should either activate right away and drop you from your other queued mission, or the vault should be greyed out when you queue up for a mission, whether or not you have run it for the day.

Maybe the devs look to putting a timer in the vault so that it kicks out players after about a minute. (if they are missing a box and cannot find it, a minute is enough time to search for it).
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I guess I misread the op. The way the vault has been for years is that once you enter, if you leave for any reason (even if you disconnect while teleporting in) you are locked from the vault. I thought you were complaining that you couldn't finish the vault after leaving to run something else.

If you are able to re-run the vault for free, that is definitely a glitch/ bug, and details for reproduction should be pm'd to Mepps.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What platform are you on? I run several accounts on PS4 and did PS3 before that and I run a PC account as well. I am running the vault about 40-50 times a week and always also queue something else (stablizers, event run, seasonal, raid...whatever), then accept the other instance within the 60 second window after busting boxes and have never seen this happen. If anything the opposite is true, where I've queued the vault along with something else, the something else pops as soon as I get into the vault and mistakenly hit X on the remote....then leave the vault which I'm now locked on without having actually gotten loot from it (which I know is by design....the vault 'locks' the minute you enter it regardless of if you get loot or not).

Sounds wacky
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have never experienced this issue.
  15. Sungod El Level 30

I guess it resolved itself or something happen because I can't recreate it anymore.