Valentine's Event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Menelaos, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Menelaos Dedicated Player

It has been years since we had this and it would actually be a change to see it once again.

Unlike the other overplayed and never-changing events that do come out year after year, we have not had this one for a long time and even if you used the same content, many would be doing it for their first time.

In the event there is too little time for this now since Feb is around the corner (I can't see this being the case) how about asking for Witchboy to disappear and to have a return of Scarecrow? Yup, I plan on being around for Halloween so I have faith you will do something new/old for us rather than the same boring one.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

We had an event last year. It already made a return. If you missed it, you're in for a treat next month. :-}
    • Like x 1
  3. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Seriously?!?!?
    I can't believe I would have missed it....

regards,
    M
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

We had a new event last year... not the old cupid one. It was a Mr.Freeze/Sapphire event... nice & short, good payout.

Edit: found an old screenshot...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

:D I don't know why it struck me so funny that you missed last year's event or don't remember it, but we did have it. Don't care much for the races, but I did like the Mr. Freeze instance a good bit.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shifty Committed Player

Missed this last year, hoping to see it this year and grab the old/new feats :3
  7. Menelaos Dedicated Player

OMG, I didn't miss that.

I did do that...I was thinking of the old one....the one from year 1 with the little cupids.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Noob

Jk
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They made that go away because it was so awful; and said it would never return, because it was so awful.

• Like x 1
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I think there needs to be four cupid trinkets, one for each role, available this coming Valentines' Day event.
    ...Or forget about role oriented trinkets, make them as Cupid Guise plans that drops in the instance.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They like to make stuff that's actually related in some fashion to the DC Universe or the game; there's a Cupid DC character, but she's nothing like this, and cherubs aren't particularly super-heroy; the whole thing is generic, and could have appeared on plenty of other MMOs.

If they're doing Cupid, this is the model they'd want to work from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupid_(comics)

[IMG]
  12. Skidmarc Committed Player

Yup, must have missed it. Wasn't too long but it was a decent change.
  13. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

I just hope the cupid trinkets return this year. It was what had me the most excited for the event's return because I like to collect all the different holiday trinkets. Especially now that I have more characters than back then that never got it, and now that we have utility belts. It was a letdown that it wasn't brought back last year as a little novelty, hope it returns this year.

(It would also be nice if they put the Death Blossom Seed in the vendor this Spring, cause it dropped in the vault for all my weaker alts. but I've been trying to get it to drop from the event or vault for my main since the first year and I still never see it. Kinda like how the Boos and whatnot got added the the vendor years later.)
  14. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

I thought it was cause I was new and was bad and didn't understand the game and that was why it seemed so bad