VALENTINE'S EVENT - what were in the heck were you thinking devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kawe, Feb 1, 2015.

1. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Nah, activating the spawn point to prevent people from partaking in and completing an event is.
    • Like x 4
  2. matt4950 Well-Known Player

The villains super-speed race in South Gotham used to run right through the diamond heist and we would get bounced wound we ran on the train tracks by the NPC's guarding the heroes vendor. I was able to complete that race back then and you should be able to find a way to finish this one now. Dry your eyes and find a way to complete it.
  3. Deranya Dedicated Player

Hmm. Is that where all the warned and banned people go? And why the villain side is growing? :p

Nah, seriously now. I had my go last night foe the mission and it was difficult to do but not cause there were people of the other faction. Hero or villain didn't matter. The problem was the limited amount of spawns, what helped was making groups even with randoms and you'd be done in few minutes.
    When there are problems don't just complain, try to work around it and find ways to help not just yourself but others as well. ;)
  4. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Not talking about the open world event, talking about the race.
  5. matt4950 Well-Known Player

This "New" Valentine's Event is a joke. It looks like it had almost no thought put into it. Yes the old event was cheesy but it at least showed like they tried.

WARNING YOU MAY WANT TO MUTE THE AUDIO
    • Like x 4
  6. Deranya Dedicated Player

My bad. Too many talking of issues xD but for the race we did something similar even in PVE, we grouped up at the terminal and race to just scare of people by numbers. Even when we didn't use it it helped cause no one dared to go there and touch anything.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would say both...... but I see what you mean.

If the temptation was not there to begin with..... players would not be able to do it.

Heck I would blame the testers too.

Did no one who tested this knew what would happen??? Really???
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It was also a chore and a half, and not all that fun to run. I only had two characters at the time that event hit, and I could only bring myself to run it on one character.

No thanks.
  9. Impulsively Committed Player

I'm good with this one the way it stands. The instance isn't super engaging, but on the plus side, this is the quickest seasonal to farm from what I've been able to tell so far. The open world mission isn't super frustrating like certain types of Halloween and Christmas open world objectives.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In the PVP Open World we gathered a bunch of Villains.
    Half a dozen of us would protect he starting point and 2 or 3 other guys would run the race. then we would alternate until all finished the darn thing.

For my Hero..... I just did it at 4 AM when there was literally only one other Hero and no one else.
    • Like x 1
  11. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Bruh, no.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Ya know people could use the already existing threads discussing the exact same topic instead of starting new one every time...
    • Like x 1
  13. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Don't give about me a bad feelling, but, they were mess up with people just for fun. I have a friend that was ban for 3 days for less than this. Of course will be better if the Devs fix the problem in PVE, where there's no reason to exist the spawn protection...

But, anyway, mess up players just for fun isn't a good thing, be villian or hero, like people in Toyland "kicking" people to the air just for fun.... it's wrong.
  14. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

That looks absolutely horrific.
    • Like x 1
  15. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

How long was this on the test center before going live and no one thought to mention it was a bad idea to put the race there? Lol
    • Like x 1
  16. nogimmick New Player

i wouldnt touch that for ten skill points. get the hell out of here with that BS...
    • Like x 2
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

There were no villians on in the test server so it didnt seem like a problem lol
    • Like x 3
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nothing to do with the testers. It's so easy in hindsight to blame the testers when the problem is so obvious now but NOBODY even thought about it between it being put on test and going live.

I have a video on my YouTube account of me running the race that has been viewed 570 times. You can clearly see the spawn point. Not a single one of those 570 views yielded a comment from anyone saying "the start is too close to villains spawn". The only comment I got on that video was someone asking if the race feat was different depending on what movement mode you had.

So no, it's not the testers fault. It's nobodies fault. It was overlooked. You can't test player behaviour on a server which lacks players. I've never seen more than 2 other players in the Hall of Doom with me at any time when I've been on test.
    • Like x 3
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ahhh memories. Good times good times. But I like the new V-Day content. Sure the instance could be bit better but still have fun with it. (Also, dont mute the audio, thats just not nice ;) )
  20. BumblingB I got better.

No.
    • Like x 1