VALENTINE'S EVENT - what were in the heck were you thinking devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kawe, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

I gonna fly around as wolf meanwhile:

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Why in the blue hell would you put the villains spawn point directly next to the race for heroes?

Fix it it, quickly, or extend the event.
    • Like x 3
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

lol fail title. MY BAD.
  4. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Really? That's cool in a way, I guess, but why the hell did they put it in that spot to begin with? The St. Patty's day race is at the Daily Planet. I don't see why they just didn't put this one there. Not wanting to repeat the same flight pattern, I guess.

Still, there are plenty of neutral areas in Metro. Goofy, I say. Just goofy.

I love you devs!
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

It's funny. But if you are stuburn enough you can start it if you time it right. Just finished it and I'll never be doing it again.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

It's funny. But if you are stuburn enough you can start it if you time it right. Just finished it and I'll never be doing it again.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

That is awesome. Have you tried it with Gorilla?
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

[IMG]

You dont see much from the front as the wings are really small on the gorilla form. Works also with the Guise Consumables or the Insectoid Form (just replaces the normal wings with the angel-like wings).
    • Like x 5
  9. Physique Dedicated Player

It's a shame that there are people who just want to grief others for the sake of griefing. This is why we, as a community, can't have nice things. The Valentines' Day race location is no accident and while the developers possibly could have put it elsewhere, they put it where they did to take the best advantage of the virtual real estate they had available for the race.

I view that more as a test of our character and resolve than as a design flaw for the developers. That's why I didn't get mad when I saw that certain villains on the USPS server had taken up refuge in the villain spawn spot and continually disrupted the race start. I didn't get mad but, instead, jumped on my villain, flew to the spot, and reported those griefing others. Took images, got PSN IDs, got video of the culprits, and filed a nice, big support ticket with the details. I not only named the people doing it but the leagues involved. This was not done out of malice but out of necessity and I hope that an example is made out of them.

The simple fix, by the way, is for the developers to disable the spawn repel switch at that location. If they do that, this becomes a non-issue completely. Since that feature is a legacy feature which never gets used in PvE (where this was taking place), disabling it or removing the repulsor feature would probably be for the better. Of course it would mean that someone on their team would have to take the time to code that change in and it could take that person away from fixing something which is more important or working on the new powers / DLC / etc.

I would rather see the devs make an example out of people by giving lengthy sit-downs for juvenile activity in game than have them need to make more changes to the game code which are both knee-jerk and reactionary.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

That just looks funnier. Tiny wings on big gorilla. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. iSmashly New Player

Best part of the seasonal. The only good part even
  12. cravex15 Dedicated Player

That's an good idea, either way this needs to stop. Even being a villain myself, which I have been playing longer than a hero, I think it's not cool.
    For people who only play as villains it's become an abuse of power.
    • Like x 1
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Not if you plan to earn the mark for it on as many chars as possible.

This needs to be fixed asap.
    This way of griefing needs to be stopped gamewise, if people don't have the decency not to do that.

There was a lot of hate, cursing, namecalling and rage going on in Chat in Metro on EUPC yesterday, because too many People think it is funny to ruin other people's gaming-experience.

Best would be to move the Spawn-Point.
    If that takes too long, then deactivate the switch for the duration of the Event.

If "fun" for you means spoling other people's gaming-experience on the PVE-Server, that is, which is why they should NOT do it.
    If it was like that for both factions on PVP, I couldn't care less. But PVE? No way, this Needs to be adressed asap.
    The Devs can only fix the game, they can't fix stupid.
    • Like x 3
  14. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Actually this brings up a very good question in the game i've always wondered. What in the world are those switches there for that rally points anyway?
    What real purpose are they there for to serve?
    Do we really need to use them for anything important?
  15. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

They are used in PvP phase to kick the opposing faction away from you. It prevents Heroes/Villains from spawn camping by kicking them away like they do at the safe houses.
    • Like x 5
  16. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Ok so another PVP related issue. This time it seems to affect PVE people who are not even playing PVP.
    PVP seems to be to root and cause of a lot issues. Almost like there needs to be separate servers.
    • Like x 2
  17. HersheyKiss New Player

People were on test for the event. And people reported issues. Just like the crystals in gotham for the outside part not despawning. That was reported and devs did nothing about it. I really wonder why do we even have a test server? Seriously why? We the players find the bugs and report them and alot of times they get ignored. I just dont understand the point of having test then. What purpose does it serve? Cuz ive seen quite a few bugs that were reported on test by players that still made it on to live and it was months later b4 they were fixed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think that may be your question. If a bug is found that can't be tracked down for months, should they hold the content back? Would you accept a DLC or holiday event released months after the target window?
    • Like x 1
  19. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I always thought the cog was just to bind yourself to that location sort of like a spirit master in EQOA. I cannot even remember the last time I actually used one. Probably before the hack. If only I could see character creation dates in the social census app.
  20. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

benny hill. love it... ^^