Valentine seasonal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamie, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Jamie New Player

I ran this seasonal for the first time this morning. The open world part was fine once things would load up so nothing new there.

The inside part was horrible. Stat clamping has killed any desire I have to run this event again. I PUG'ed it and after waiting 10 minutes I ended up with a group of 2 Cr 10's and a Cr18. If that wasn't bad enough the Cr18 left and we ended up with a Cr10. After 20 minutes I took the penalty and walked out. There was no chance of beating the instance. If we are going to be capped then the limit really needs to be much higher. The dev's didn't seem to care about how quickly we completed seasonals until around Cr90 so why can't the upper limit be Cr70?

Then I attempted the race. Are the markers supposed to disappear right before the race starts? How can you do well on the race if you only have the arrow to tell you where you need to go? Over all I hate this seasonal and have no intentions of playing it a second time.
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Are you on PS3 ? It's the only reason I can think of for your Race markers disappearing, as they are not supposed to.

As for the Event, you got stuck with low levels and that sucks. Try re-queueing. I seem to always get stuck with other 110+s and beat the instance daily in under 3 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The clamping just tries to make all 4 players even or close. It doesn't matter what tier they clamp us to. Suppose they made it 70... then the boss and adds would just be scaled up to 70 and you would still have the same issue. It was put in place because new aspects in the game like Turf mods & WM bypassed the old scaling system.

The problem you faced was the player leaving. Usually it goes down the crapper when a player leaves and the others start without waiting. That's when you end up cycling through several pugs.

I haven't had a problem with the race markers, but you should double check your "FX fade" settings. If they are turned down even slightly, race markers can almost disappear in Metropolis.
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

I had replays to burn so I spammed the entire seasonal in one day. I was randomly queuing and never had a single run that took over 3 minutes. Most of them I felt like I was soloing. Don't get me wrong, I had to pop a soda, supply drop, or sidekick on occasion. I think you had a fluke of a fail instance and should probably try it a couple more times before judging.
    • Like x 4
  5. Omega Boy Committed Player

I haven't had any failed instances either. I did have an odd glitch in the race once. The markers put me in combat. Every single one. It took awhile, but I finished it that way. I already had the feat and the mission doesn't require a certain time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Ahh... that happened to me once as well. Resetting the race didn't fix it either. I had to exit and reenter Metropolis.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

My experience had mostly been the same until earlier today. I random qued and got 2 level 11's and one CR 43. This one was pretty much solod for sure. But even then, it only took almost 10 minutes. Not 20 or 30 or more like everyone keeps claiming. I think people are throwing all of this way out of left field and just overreacting.
  8. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Counter point: I queued last night on Drew..q insta popped..never a good sign. Join a seasonal in progress that had been running 40 minutes when I got there and had list of names longer than a bad raid. Did get it done but ick. Think one barrel is sub standard for seasonals.
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Appears to me that they had nothing but bad players until you showed up. How long did it take after you got there. I think many have proven that a descent player can pretty much solo it in about 10 minutes or less. So i think if it is taking people 30 to 40 minutes then the problem is not the seasonal stat clamping.
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

There's a barrel in there?
  11. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Yea on the opposite doorway of where we walk in from.
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

That's interesting. In all my runs, I've needed to pop a soda but I've never needed a barrel. And I honestly think I'm just doing mindless DPS. Usually my damage out makes me the tank (since I rarely saw a tank queue) and I was never going for counters. I think barrels in seasonals are a good thing but I'm surprised anyone is having trouble with a barrel present. Maybe it just needs to be moved closer.
  13. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Barrels seems to be broken now anyways :D
  14. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

20 minutes in the 2015 Valentines Day seasonal instance?

[IMG]

I'll be on tonight after 6pm PST as Cosmic Wolverine, be happy to run the instance with you a few times for the wins.
  15. Jamie New Player

Yes, I am on the PS3. Maybe I had a bad group but the clamp really should be at Cr70. I am jot saying that people need to be boosted more but rather that people should not be nerfed as much. My damage out made me Freezes top target so that didn't help either. The devs clearly neglected the effects that more power and skill points have.