Utility Belt Reimbursment?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Doctor Proteus, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Doctor Proteus New Player

Since Utility Belt functionality is being made free, will people who purchased access to it receive some kind of reimbursement? I purchased access to the utility belt within the last week, and with the upcoming changes, it would mean I spent money on nothing. Will I get the charge reimbursed?
  2. Mertal Defer Level 30

Your using the belt right now correct?
    • Like x 4
  3. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

You got and are getting what you paid for. We didnt know of these changes until the new announcement.
    • Like x 3
  4. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I think his point is Daybreak knew.
  5. Mertal Defer Level 30

It doesn't matter he getting over a month of use from it.. The changes not happening for another month, so he didn't pay for nothing.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

To quote the Joker...
    "You pays your money and you takes your chances!" :p
    • Like x 5
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Umm..

Of course not. MMO games are not like the supermarket, where you can get a "reimbursement rain check" on something that goes on sale or becomes free a short time after you purchased it.

Going forward, I suggest keeping an eye on the Announcements forum, as the devs could bring to light more changes and re-read the original development team announcement.
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Changes for the premium access level will include:
    • Cash cap increased from 3,000 to unlimited.
    This is much better than utility belt, so stop crying. You spent your money on upgrade your account to Premium status.
    • Like x 3
  9. TheDrone Well-Known Player

The general attitude in this thread is a bit too hostile. It's a reasonable question.

For the most part, I'd say it's just bad luck. You purchased something just before they announced it will now be free. I've purchased every single DLC. I'm not demanding or expecting compensation. It would be nice, but it's not something I have any reason to expect. People saying that you're paying for it now so you can use it for a month is a bit disingenuous. I highly doubt they'd have the same attitude if it was a lockbox item that they spent billions on. Oops, it's now $5 in the store. They wouldn't be saying, "well, I've had it for 3 weeks ... everything's great".

Now, I said your question was reasonable. And it really is. They've already said they intend to compensate people who have Escrow Vouchers. They don't know what to do about it, but intend to compensate. It's not quite the same thing, but there's a small chance they'll have the same attitude.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Wow, that is some off-the-cuff logic.

The answer has been said, you enjoyed using those functions when others who did not make the purchase could not.
    • Like x 1
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Honestly, as far as customer services goes. Yes, you should get some sort of reimbursement. Any company that has any moral standing whatsoever would do some sort of reimbursement. They could give you the equal amount in the games currency.
    That would make you a satisfied customer while not really costing them anything.

This just goes to show you that most of the replies back to you about reimbursement really don' t have a clue about customer satisfaction or retention.
    • Like x 2