USPC - Population: High

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Unida, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Unida Dedicated Player

is the character selection window trolling me ?

what do the villains see? high as well?

is this hard coded?

i was currently member #3 in the queue, around 15% on the bar
    premium bar was empty
    free bar around 5%

i still giggle at that message at the bottom,

"due to the currently high player population, members are being temporarily queued. you should be able to enter the game very shortly."

can't imagine there has been any queue waits, for any level of access, in a long time.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It doesn't Show it for just a specific faction, like your describing I believe the system takes into account how many people are on the server together. Villians side has been quite empty, but on the other hand I see a lot of people over on the heroes side. Phases and other factors come into mind when getting an idea of the actual population. The Membership access level was implemented sometime early last year I believe. If I'm wrong about any of this feel free to correct me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Unida Dedicated Player

so like all the heroes and the 4 villains combined?
  4. AllanPage Committed Player

Its the population of the whole USPC server pve and pvp phases included. Alternatively you can check https://www.daybreakgames.com/status which is more accurate imo and doesn't match with the one in the character creation.
    • Like x 2
  5. Unida Dedicated Player

interesting, thanks for the link above

i dont think ive ever not seen it say "high" in the launch phase.

but that link shows uspc as medium, and both eu pc and ps as low.

only high ones atm are us PS and a few h1z1 servers.
  6. Deranya Dedicated Player

Thanks for the link. I will definitely have a look tonight for EUPC :p
  7. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

4 villians? Their population has increased i see. *Character selection changes to: Very high*
    • Like x 3
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Membership access level has been around since I started playing in 2013. It has been around for quite some time, at least on the PS server. Not sure about PC. I know my daughter waits a bit longer than I do for logging in as she is premium vs. me having a sub.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

If you, as a member, see this queue, it means that there is a server load with connections and they have to slow you down and drop you into different phases. So you seeing number 3 in the queue, that means you are actually 3 above the load. And if you are seeing this on USPC, means players are actually logging in. Go team PC!
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Maybe the in-game scale for "high" is based on some old number when the game first launch. I've never seen it other than "high" either.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

It's allocated cap. Though, not sure how they setup of the servers, but if we did a pie chart for population between the servers, they would estimate what they can handle. So a PS "High" would be about 70% of their max and a PC high would be 30%. So if we had a run on the server, things start to break when it reaches that 30%. Hence the crashing of the Gotham zone during the Valentine spawn bug.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Good to see PC numbers rising again.
  13. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I am RPing with 4 villains right now, and 4 more are in an alert. :p
  14. AllanPage Committed Player

The one on Character creation used to show accurate population. Now it just seems like its a static value always set to "High".
  15. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

Are you punishing her?
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

She barely plays. If she played more, she would be legendary, but since she logs in maybe once every 3 months, I do not buy it for her. In fact, the last activity on her account was me going to test out her 107 Mental DPS after GU47 for a League to see how strong mental was.