US Xbox Server Downtime - May 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The US Xbox server is offline unexpectedly. We are restarting the world and expect to have it back online in about an hour. Thank you for your patience. Any updates will be posted to this thread.

Update: An issue with the volume of players logging back in after the earlier downtime caused the world to become unstable. We are restarting the world and now expect to be back online in about an hour, by 7PM PT. We will allow players back into the world more gradually right after the restart to prevent this from happening again.

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 7
  2. MythlyRaven New Player

ahhh alright. was freaking out my characters were saying 2/0 don't want to restart them.
  3. der Erlkonig New Player

Thanks Mepps!
  4. Yale New Player

Thanks Mepps
  5. bighead225 New Player

6. turtle13 New Player

k, thanks for the quick response.
  7. Adam Lewis New Player

Thanks for the update
  8. Agoraphobic Dad New Player

Thank you for the update.
  9. Zedlav New Player

I actually paid for a month membership and having such a hard time actually playing. I hope you get your **** together or I doubt I'll continue to play.
    • Like x 1
  10. XenonSnow Level 30

Is there a way us membership holders can receive some form of compensation, because me and a group of my friends who are membership holders were talking about it because they were saying that we help out in funding the servers by buying the Legendary membership.
    • Like x 2
  11. MythlyRaven New Player

guys, relax. you have to think. This game blew up on Xbox one tons more than it did on PC and PS4. XBone has had about triple the amount of players they expected and getting the gear and everything to upgrade takes time.
    • Like x 2
  12. turtle13 New Player

i payed for membership too, but what do you expect. this happens to all games on release. this stuff is bound to happen specially on a game thats always online. at least this way they see that the xbox players are serious about the game
    • Like x 2
  13. Zedlav New Player

Well I really hope they figure it out because I actually think the game is really rad. I only wish I could play it.
  14. Ydoncha New Player

LOL...an hour wait is nothing, be thankful its not 6 - 8 hour or even days. Things like this are bound to happen so soon into launch. As a paying member myself I am just happy that there is someone there to work on the issue in the 'off hours' of the day and that we can expect to be back on in such a short time.
    TY for the hard work and the update Mepps
    • Like x 1
  15. KatoriaTheRed New Player

well, if you don't play...that frees up one more slot for us. :). But if you continue to play...whether membership or not, cool beans. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Teh Espada New Player

At least the crash got me out of the alert group with the horrible controller I had. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Zedlav New Player

I really like the game. It's just frustrating because literally every time I've attempted to play it the servers are down.
    • Like x 1
  18. turtle13 New Player

it took me out of an alert too, sadly i spent over an hour because people kept leaving and not going for objective:( who knows maybe it saved me the trouble.
    • Like x 1
  19. Vorphilack New Player

Although I'm sad the server went down, I am quite pleased with how fast we were informed. I have seen many game forums that go quite a long time with out giving any info, if at all. Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  20. Vorphilack New Player

the game has only been out a few days. Things like this happen, especially on new games. You want to see a total cluster f***? Who here has played Defiance? lol!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.