[US PC] Right, so who wants to sell me Intel On Owlman's Family History?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

In the last month, the stupidly rare Earth-3 Collection piece Intel On Owlman's Family History from the CSI: Crime Syndicate Investigation Collection has been up on the Broker at least twice (as that's how many times I saw it) and both times, I didn't have enough in-game funds at that moment to grab it, so I immediately listed items for sale that I had which were very rare and desirable, and worth at least as much as, if not more than, the asking price for this collection piece I need. And both times, by the time my item(s) sold, the desired collection piece was gone. Either someone else snatched it up, or the listing ended with no sale.

I KNOW at least one of you that's on the US PC Server has one just sitting in your inventory, gathering "virtual dust" with no intentions to do anything other than sell it at some point! So hit me up through PM and, uh, "make me an offer I can't refuse" to purchase it from YOU! ;)

P.S. Devs, I should NOT have had to create this topic here, but seeing as you STILL have not turned the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum back ON, you left me no choice! :p
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I don't think I have one right now, but if I pull one over the next few days il let ya know.
    • Like x 1
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

I mean, since you're the one looking to buy it... It might help if you posted a price you're willing to pay for it. Not only to eliminate any form of "is he a reseller trying to snatch cheap and sell for gazillions?"-doubt that hangs over pretty much every other trade you see in the chats these days, but might also help you find a deal quicker.

I rarely run that content anymore, but i'll keep this thread in mind if I do.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Last one I saw listed was put up at $350 Million. I don't know if it actually sold at that price, because unlike eBay, our Broker doesn't let you see completed transactions. That's one of the best features of eBay In Real Life, because you can use it to see what things are actually selling for, rather than what the sellers are trying to get you to pay for them.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

So does that mean your best offer is 350 mill or simply what you won't pay for it? Again, sure it could help if people knew what you were actually willing to pay.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*sigh* I WOULD HAVE paid that IF I'd had it available, BUT I also said "MAKE ME AN OFFER", which means that YOU send me a Private Message telling me what YOU ARE asking for it, and then I'll either accept or decline!

Geez, it's like people don't understand the English language or something! :rolleyes:

Also, all of this would be totally unnecessary if people would actually just run ALL the content, and not just the current End Game Content! I should have been able to farm for this collection, but the queue times for that content are ridonkulous now that it's no longer the current End Game Content! :(
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Since you want to bring up reading comprehension, the tip I gave you isn't exactly rocket science. Rather than expecting people who might be sitting on this to make a profit to come up to YOU and tell YOU what they want for it, it might just help you find it quicker, OR maybe just maybe GET others to start running that content again for a drop if you actually include what you are willing to pay for it. You know, since you are in fact looking for said item and all.

So, as far as reading comprehension and the english language goes, you are in other words willing to pay up to 350 mil for it? It's not a hard question to answer, I have no idea why you are overcomplicating things if what you want is to find this item for sale.

Put in context: One wouldn't want to start running this content again, finally get this to drop, only to look YOU up and see you trying to offer me a Rubber chicken and 500K after talking up your need to get a hold of the item. Again, including the price you're willing to pay could go along way.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Let me put the flip side of that: Let's say I state "I'll pay $350 million", but there was someone that would accept $100 million, or even less, why should I pay more? That's why I said YOU make me an offer! And the lowest offer I receive will get the sale, 'cuz that's how the free market is supposed to work!

I created my Owlman years ago, long before Daybreak even started thinking about doing the Earth-3 content we finally received. I based him on the version from the JLA: Earth 2 graphic novel, not the Nu 52 version the Devs based the in-game style set and NPC character on. So I NEED that OP Owlman Helmet to complete his look, and I couldn't farm for the collection pieces I needed 'cuz no one wants to run that content anymore since it's not "End Game" content these days. I've had to buy them all on the Broker. This Collection Piece is the final one I need to get the correct Helmet for him. But at the rate we're going, someone else will list it in the Broker before I get any offers here, so whatever. :rolleyes:
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

You're still arguing this? Here I was under the impression that you reached out here to faster get a hold of this collection piece that you're struggling to even find on the broker. Now you pretty much admitted you're also out to get it as cheap as possible. That's fine.

Anyway, pro-tip still stands: If you by the end of the day just want to get a hold of the item you are having issues to even find up for sale, state the ultimate price you're comfortable with paying and it will surely help to find potential sellers down the line. I doubt that many will want to go out of their way to farm outdated content for an item and then make sure to reach out to YOU and YOU alone, and make sure that YOU get a bargain, without knowing what's in it for them. But that's just me, heh.

Anyways, not much else to say here. Good luck finding anybody sitting on the collection or willing to farm it for you, ultimate bargain or not.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone? :confused:
  14. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines

1) Be respectful and courteous - The purpose of these Forums and other official, Daybreak Games-maintained communication channels is to create a positive and constructive atmosphere for discussion about Daybreak Games Games and topics meaningful to our communities. While we may at times disagree with one another, it is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect so that all voices may be heard. Disagreements with others are acceptable, but must be expressed in a reasonable and polite manner.

2) Communicate constructively - It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.

A few examples of non-constructive communication are as follows:

• Off-topic commentary for specific forum - topics or conversation inappropriate for a particular area is unlikely to be seen by the intended audience and can spawn distracting and non-productive discussions, as well as splitting otherwise useful discussions into multiple channels. Political, religious, or legal discussions are considered non constructive on Official Daybreak Games Forums.
    • Spam - communication without meaningful content that does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm sorry, who died and made you a Green Name? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Hey, no hard feelings, normally I like your posts but over 50% of the posts in this threads are yours. I understand the frustration of not being able to complete something but bumping posts is not gonna make it go faster ;)
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, it took long enough, but someone FINALLY put Intel On Owlman's Family History up on the Broker tonight. It cost me $400 Million, but I FINALLY have the correct headgear for my JLA: Earth 2 Owlman, and his costume is now complete! That only took, like, 5 or 6 years from when I first created the character! :oops:
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

well glad ya got it, sorry my RNG luck has been utter shite as of late but js my price would have been far cheaper lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I think I have the same kind of luck with RNG, which is why I'm having to turn to the Broker for stuff. But hey, I FINALLY completed my JLA: Earth 2 Owlman's costume, so YAY! :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1