[US PC Only] - Iconic and Movement power duel tournament!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Master Play, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Master Play Committed Player

Since my last tourny was a big success, I have decided to host another. Yes, I am aware that breakouts are wonky at the moment, but this is for fun and for the sake of creating a new US PC PvP hangout area. This hangout area will be in a vacant league hall owned by one of my alts, it is fully decorated. Both factions will be allowed in and there will be a safezone for those who wish to duel uninterrupted or just chat. I believe this is a great idea because there is a mutual spawn in the league hall, instead of a villain controlled hangout, and league halls are easily accessible with no player cap. What better way to promote a new hangout spot than to have a duel tournament? Exactly. If you would like access to the league hall, please write your ingame name here or send Mr Cutie an ingame e-mail.

People have voted on iconic powers only, so that is the final decision I have made, giving everyone a fair chance. Last tourny, a few people complained about the use of hardlight and gadgets EMP, there will be no power-based complaints this time around. Everyone will have a chance to use the same powers.

Here is the sign-up page

Be wary that prizes are always subject to change, increase or decrease.
    Prizes:
    1st place - 2000 Station Cash + 10 Million In-game Cash
    2nd - 1500 Station Cash
    3rd - 5 Million In-game Cash

Rules:

• Iconic and Movement mode powers only
    • No supercharges
    • No colas
    • No weapon mastery COMBOS
    • No PVE gear unless breakout trinket
    • No hometurf
    • No cola or trinket buffs
    • No ganking (Please enter the hall through the PvE phase to enforce this rule)
    • No interfering in any way with on-going duels
    • DPS vs DPS
    • No rematches unless your opponent has agreed to it
    • Rounds will be best 3 out of 5, may the best dueler win.
    • Like x 13
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Very nice man.

But I am curious as it is so restrictive why don't you just make it a Weapon Only type dueling tournament?

P.S: Not complaining simply discussing is all :).
    • Like x 2
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

Last time I checked you can't allow league hall access cross-faction. Unless something has changed recently...
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

You need alternative rewards. How would you reward people with 1,5-2k cash cap?
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You can...their last Dueling Tourney had many a villains in their League Hall.
    • Like x 4
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is actually a kinda good point. I mean they could just let that person go on a spending spree in the broker, buy them components or something to help with repair costs, R&D plans/parts etc.
    • Like x 2
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

Nice! will have to invade my villain hall with our league's hero broker league :p
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Funny because people we are aware of CC issues usually abuse HB > Sonic Shout [The AoE one]. Seen one player spam this like no tomorrow and due to the amount of CC it outputs it leaves the enemy vulnerable for a couple seconds allowing another attack to be used right after.

Excellent Contest idea nonetheless, just be wary as the last person who won abused Chainsaw :p. It is rather hard to create a "fair" contest with so much power imbalances and CC issues.
    • Like x 3
  9. Master Play Committed Player

I was initially going to make it weapon only, but around 5 people convinced me that it should be weapon + iconics, so I figured why not, it's usable for everyone. Should be fair enough :)

For as long as I could remember (since league halls have been implemented) cross-faction accessibility was always do-able.

If that happens to the case, I will speak to those premium/free winners about their prizes privately. Good point though.

I actually meant to restrict sony cry. I've seen it abused as well. Thanks for reminding me.
    • Like x 4
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Ok my mistake, it didn't work for me when I tried early on in the hall ownership days. Must have been something I was doing wrong.

Tourny sounds like a good time
    • Like x 1
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Myself included. I look forward to this tournament as well. :)
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Sonic cry abused? Come on! :(

EDIT: I'm kidding of course. If it's abused by all means ban it. I'll figure something out.
  13. Master Play Committed Player

Here are rounds 1 and 2 of the past tournament for those of you who want a visual on what goes on in these tournaments.
    This is ONLY round 1 and 2. I did not upload the rounds after 1 and 2 because it was over 6 hours of footage, I could not edit and upload all of those with my schedule. I may post the full 6 hour video though, if anyone is interested in watching that lol. The tourny went great and smooth, over 40 participants and over 60 people spectating overall.
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Who's that Grand Shaw dude getting his butt kicked? What a total noob. :p
    • Like x 3
  15. HazeTA New Player

We had an 1v1 full Iconics tournament about 2.5 years ago on EUPS, everyone wore a full set of Bloodbat from the vendor so heros could join in as it was held in HoDs Pit, it was great.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I was actually having fun with Woo Za, Serphent, and Scott Talon for a few hours training. That was very fun. Can't wait till Friday lol.
  17. Marcos Active Player

And about the pvp gear: Will be permited Gotham Knigh? Will be permited full moded gear?
  18. Mr Plzbelieveit New Player

Looks fun count me in!
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Just make sure you go to challonge to sign up for it!
    • Like x 2
  20. zeroman New Player

This is a interesting idea but to many rules for my taste. For originality I give this post a 7.