Upgrading armor at CR 70

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Calrissian, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Calrissian New Player

I just hit CR 70 and was able to do my first Gates run last night. I was surprised at the amount of marks I collected, and so I'm sitting on an interesting choice. I still have a couple Level 64 pieces, and could upgrade both of those to Level 70 pieces (Tier 3?), but I also could save the marks and upgrade one of them pretty soon to a Level 78 piece (Tier4? - Sorry if I have the tiers wrong). Which is better?

I play casually and level slowly, so marks are slow to come for me, so I'm just trying to think through how best to upgrade as I go from CR 70 to CR 84. I'm not in a particular rush, but don't want to spend the marks on Tier 3 if it doesn't make sense.

Thanks for any advice.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Wayward Souls 72IL
    Gates 73IL
    Prime 70IL weapon/jewelry
    HT solos 74IL chance at 71 weapons or 78 Jewelry
    HoF 8mans 76IL with a 71 weapon.

Do the content then supplement with vendor gear as you go. I always pick my lowest after running the content to know what I should buy first.
    • Like x 1
  3. blklightning New Player

Yep, run all of the content that BB recommended, THEN purchase what you need to purchase. Also, use a Combat Rating Calculator to help you figure out which pieces of gear where and which mods will get you to 84 fastest.

Here's the calculator that I use:
    http://cr.sulsul.net/

I was able to take an alt from hitting lv30 to CR91 in about 6 hours of game play. Walked into Gates at 44, then we did FOS3, Veng, Prime, BD. I think WWS was in there, too. After that, I was able to hit 84 and go from there. What helped me speed along was that I have several 78 lockbox rings and I modded them w/ V mods for the added boost.
  4. Poo New Player

Just don't buy any of the T3 Kryptonian armor.
    • Like x 1
  5. Calrissian New Player

Thanks. Very helpful. I'll make sure I get through all the content before rushing to buy, then. I picked up a couple of pieces on that Gates run that improved a couple of pieces already.
  6. Tenntouge New Player

I've made a spread sheet that rounds up properly, non of this off by one point crap, it its .5 or high it goes up, if its .49 or lower it goes down, simple as that. All you have to do is fill in what items you have equipped and the best items you have that are unequipped and the best CR section will fill in itself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6fr0-EJnXRRS3BTRXRhS0ZGc2M/edit?usp=sharing

please let me know how this works out for you.
  7. Calrissian New Player

Wow. Thanks so much! At the rate I play, this will be many months of work, so I appreciate the orientation. No hurries!