[UPDATED] Blackest Friday Through Brightest Monday

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 23, 2016.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Not Impressed. At all.
    • Like x 7
  2. WarriorOfScotland Active Player

^Dev in disguise.
    • Like x 4
  3. VV Dedicated Player

Super great!!!!! Now I can buy 50 stacks of Soder Cola Ultimates!
    • Like x 6
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The ones complaining might be subscribers that have already bought everything in the MP except the items not going on sale. The very same subscribers that did have their membership devalued a bit via open episodes. DCUO really needs to adjust some things in game to give members a better bang for their buck.

What DCUO's marketing team continuously fails at is marketing and it fails miserably. You can make more revenue in the long run by having lower prices whether through base prices and sales. The most popular items are not on sale. That is just bad marketing....period.
    • Like x 4
  5. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Soder Cola Ultimater! 50 stacks that stack!
  6. Nemisor Committed Player

Mate, considering all the things not included in the sale it makes no difference. May as well not have a sale.
    • Like x 7
  7. Max Dragonard Well-Known Player

8. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Hey DBG. You guys realize that the purpose of a sale is to get people to actually BUY things right?
    • Like x 5
  9. bagofboom Committed Player

Wait......you're getting drops in AF3 that AREN'T plain garbage!?!? Please invite your boy next time you run something and maybe your luck will run off on me.
    I'm drowning in green gear!! 1 blue, not a single purple since day 1. On 3 different toons. Also bought Stabilizers just for the heck of it and wouldn't you know it....more garbage.
    Steaming, slimy, fetid, festering, foul, rotten, useless GARBAGE!!
    I'm so incredibly disenchanted with the game right now I've literally had to talk myself into logging in lately. I'm dusting off Arkham Knight and hitting up Game Stop in search of entertainment tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find some good deals on PS4 games on Black Friday.
    Rant over.
    Sorry guys and gals.
  10. bagofboom Committed Player

^^^^^^ *Dev plant* ^^^^^^^
    • Like x 3
  11. bagofboom Committed Player

Hmmmm......?
    6 years ago on PS3 huh?
    .........??
    .......??
    .....??
    ...??
  12. Hurtyman Active Player

In light of this sale, it looks like the guy who's selling me a new desk has Daybreak to thank for his commission.

Way to not tempt me with 50% off Daybreak cash like you did last year. You guys RAWK!!!!!
  13. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I'm still getting my share of garbage, but more item types are valuable to me than most. I'm not chasing stats. I'm getting the base items most of the time. It's also the new crafting items that we need to save up as well. We didn't have to collect monstrous essence & core components before. I'm ignoring greens unless it's the only choice (you get monstrous essence from salvaging anyway). I do get blue drops fairly often... more than 1 a day, so you're just getting bad luck. I have only seen 1 purple, but it was the right part, an episode 24 replacement.
    • Like x 2
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Sheesh, all this vitriol over what's not included.
    Armories, Amenities, Inventory, Bank, Shared Bank, Legends, Auras, Base Items, Styles, Toys, Radar, Rename, individual older Episodes, Lair system, powers, utility belts, shield, and more on sale at practically the steepest pricing discount we normally get.
    I'm not ever interested in replays or stabilizers, which is what most people seem to be complaining about.
    • Like x 2
  15. Gaelic Grimfire New Player

I don't understand why anyone is complaining. Daybreak is following the same sales model as every single other business regarding Black Friday Sales...putting up stuff for sale that nobody wants or would bother to drive to the store to get with the expectation that customers will simply appreciate the fact that something is on sale and instead buy lots of the regularly priced items that are in demand.

For example, my local grocery store offers BOGO deals on things like pickled prunes and unsalted diet saltines and exclude things like canned vegetables, meat, cheese, and other high demand items from all sales....

Oh, wait, that's in an alternate reality where businesses don't understand how market forces work regarding loss leaders and events like Black Friday Sales where one counts on increased profits through volume instead of high margins.
  16. Shifty Committed Player

All the negative feedback they get about this stupid **** they're doing, but still continue to do it anyway... Lmao how pathetic a game must of become for the creators and devs to pretty much give up on its future.
    • Like x 2
  17. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

I think the issue is that most of us already have all of that. The reason that players want discounts on stabilizers and replays is that those are the consumable items that get used the most.

And to be honest, Daybreak would get a lot more money out of players putting those two items at 20% off than the rest at 50%, there is no question.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, there's a few things I'll get. Sure would've liked to see power respect tokens on sale at least and of course stabilizers (obviously). Not much of a sale for Black(est) Friday though :/
  19. Morsy808 Committed Player

This game will be a graveyard next year. Every move DBG makes is to screw the community. DLCs, updates, additions and even the sales. I sometimes wonder if DBG are purposely seeing how far they can push their luck with us.

A sale that doesn't include ANYTHING useful. I'll be buying some stuff on Star Trek Online instead this evening.
    • Like x 3
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I understand that some people already have everything they need from the marketplace, but I'm actually pretty happy with this sale. 50%-off is more than most sales they've given us. I picked up the Aura Pack I - had been saving up my monthly allotment for it - for only 625 mc. Gonna get some armories for my main toons too.

Still very bitter about the whole Amazon Time Capsule fiasco, but it's nice to have something else to think about over the weekend. And buck up little campers, maybe on Monday they'll be a sale on Stabilizers or Replay Badges. Yeah, probably not, but you can always hope.
    • Like x 2