Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sevanity New Player

Even with the RRP Prices you have noted above, one consumable item for one of my characters should not cost 50% of a month of PS+.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tule New Player

Why not? PS+ is a month, the armory is for-ev-er.
  3. Stardazer Committed Player

Gather around children and rejoice! Today our voices were heard. :)

It's great to see a good negotiation come to deal. I'm glad the prices were reduced, even if it's by a small margin. It shows that our feedback is being heard and that SOE is doing what they can to help make this game and community more accessible and enjoyable for the plenty.

I look forward to doing more business with you all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Flemix Level 30

I see the current mood is to celebration.

Many here were losing hope of seeing any changes happening.
    And now they find themselves overjoyed that any gain was made.

Perspective is lost.

This compromise is largely one sided,

We had just cause to be displeased.
    We had fair proposals.

We still have cause to be mostly displeased.
    We still have more fair proposals.

They gave an unacceptable deal, we rejected it and got result.
    They give a marginally improved deal, we should reject it and we would get result.

I do not speak for myself.
    I speak up in the interest of fairness to us all including the many more who aren't part of this conversation.
    It's up to us here to stand for the whole player base.

By so easily welcoming this still heavily overpriced offer we are failing ourselves, our game mates and ultimately the game itself.
    • Like x 3
  5. Breakforce Loyal Player

I was okay with the old prices, so this is alright too!
    • Like x 3
  6. Sevanity New Player

Ok sorry I just saw the update, but why are they not $5 or less?

Why are they exactly $6?

I'm sorry, but this still seems like you are deliberately avoiding allowing Legendary Members to get an Armoury without paying extra on top of their subscription. Am I not correct?

This is my main gripe as I've said before.

You can not even add money to the Loyalty Points you get as you cannot mix and match with Marketplace Cash, especially after the "UPGRADE" you guys just made to the PC version swapping their Marketplace Points for Loyalty Points.

The only way for me to get an Armoury as a "Legendary" member is to pay for a Legendary Subscription and then pay another $6 for the Armoury OR pay and wait for 2 MONTHS.

From my point of view this is all I'm seeing - "lets force everyone to get out their credit cards again".

Correct?
    • Like x 4
  7. Arachninja Active Player

Been here since just after beta, been lifetime since, and I have spent gobs and gobs of money (way too much).

I honestly think the prices are fine. . .but

1.) Completely agree that lengendary guys should get 2 right out of the box instead of just one, per character (not tradeable).
    Having only 1 armory really does not help much, and lengendary folks are already loyal and paying and many of them (like myself),
    spend a whole bunch more money as well on replay badges, etc.

2.) Remember that legendary guys are still getting 500 SC per month (meaning if your lifetime like me, you're basically getting paid to play). Make an armory cost $5 (500), for lengendary only...

3.) For those of you that are F2P, or Freemium, well I have to say that really $6 is not that much, and you can save some money by buying extra, and now you are simply getting more choices on how to spend your money. Seems like a square deal to me.
    a.) Also don't forget that everyone blue moon or so (less lately) there is always some deal on SC. Double/Triple, or Market items 1/2 off. Take advantage

Everyone spending $6-60 one time to get such a feature that we know has taken (and likely will still take with bugs and what) a long time to build and a lot of work with limited resources certainly seems ok. My only qualm is the lengedary guys, who are getting some nice things, but imho not quite enough (e.g Lockboxes not dropping useful anything once you pass t4).
    • Like x 2
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

*Applause*

You'll be happy with the financial results here, gentlemen. ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

You guys listened and met us halfway. We understand that you guys put time into the game (which costs money) so you all should make money with your work.

I'll be purchasing the 4 pack (may look into more later).
    • Like x 2
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

mepps I post a lot and being honest its negative. sadly we don't get to value your team for a lot of the good because of the few bad things. I say t5 was a money grab very often and I say armories is an extrtion of such. I feel I validate that with fact so I ask you is this some of the stuff your referring to? t5 was setup that he who pays the most finishes first assumeing they had the skill to beat a hard set of raids. that bud is accurate and not an insult but is that what you are reffering to? I post a lot and honestly its a lot to get guys like your opinion. out of all the dcuo guys I have to say I have a lot of respect for the way you yourself do things. thanksgiving you spent the day on the forums periodically responding to posts. every podcast you seem to have a note sheet and appear to be prepared. all be it funny preparation not always a strong suit on those.
    I hope to get feed back from you
  11. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Honestly they could be 2 bucks a pop and ppl would still be upset that they didn't get 2 for free or that its not a legendary perk. It is what it is. I believe this is a step in the right direction. Is 6 bucks too much still? Maybe, but its a sure of a lot of a hell better then 8 dollars. We cried, complained and raised hell and we won in a general sense. To those that are still raising hell about price groueging and ethics and all this other malarky do remember its a game, nothing is force upon you. And please don't try to ruin the enjoyment or entertainment others like me receive from this game.
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I was perfectly content with the original price, but this is even better! I'll purchase even more now!

(Also, I think we should bookmark this thread and bring it out every time that someone says that the devs don't listen). :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  13. bruceski54 New Player

Does anyone know if the first is still free...?
  14. IdontDps Committed Player

here we go again
  15. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Im srry but T5 wasn't a cash grab because while many did I did not use one Replay on those raids and am now two pieces away from full Traces. Heres the kicker Replays are and always have been (Survey says) optional. If you feel that your falling behind or you need to use them thats on you. I know many players who are almost full 88 gear that have used zero to very few replay badges. Armories are not extortion they are not game breaking or pay to win or anything of that sort. You get one free and if you want more then buy them. Again its purely optional. I already know at least 11 ppl that I play with on a constant bases that have figured out kool ways to use just the one armory. If it dosnt seem good to you so be it but in all honestly your opinion really docent matter in the grand scheme of things. When your purely negative nothing ever gets accomplished.
    • Like x 1
  16. Vulpis New Player

Still free, and still mostly useless. It's kinda like a catapult or a trebuchet--once loaded, that one shot is nice. But resetting things so that it can be used again is a royal pain.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sevanity New Player

If they were $2 a pop you'd have people dancing in the rain lol.

It is a step in the right direction, but I personally think that the correct and fair price should be $5. And yes, it is because of the Legendary subscription. You get $5 worth of Loyalty points which makes $6 JUST out of reach (tell me this isn't intentional) forcing you to either dip into your pocket again and pay the full $6 or pay for another month of Legendary and wait a month.

So basically for a player like me, and many others, paying a MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTON FEE THAT COSTS MORE THAN PLAYSTATION PLUS is not enough.

They should be $5 / 500 Loyalty Points / 500 Marketplace Cash.

And if you want to know why we are upset about this and so vocal about it, it is because we are paying a monthly subscription fee to this game and we feel like we are denied access to something that is going to be very important in game without paying extra on top. My friends already think I'm crazy for paying $15 a month on top of my PS+ Sub.

If they don't drop that $1 then me and many others are going to be Legendary Members with no Armouries more than free members, for 2 months. (and that's only if we don't cancel our subscriptions in rage lol)
    • Like x 2
  18. Campor Well-Known Player

Here's the thing guys. I can pretty much guarantee you they're not wringing their hands and laughing maniacally at 'fooling' us. The devs of the game generally aren't the ones picking price points. Remember, SOE is a big company. It runs a multitude of MMO titles, all of which tend to have separate development teams.

To make it clear- The reason we don't have green auras and why we didn't have Lantern emblems until this latest DLC is because they had to go through DC licensing. Even though they're developing and making content for a DC game. Now consider, when it comes to money, what do you think they have to go through?

I've always found that when it comes to development, the vast majority of developers while they are looking for profit are also invested in making their audience happy. If they aren't interested in making their audience happy, they wouldn't be in the development side. They'd be on the other side, focused on how to make the profit.

If I had to guess, I'd say they don't get to mess with the numbers however they want. If I had to guess, I'd say they probably had to work the price down as much as we had to work up a ruckus. When it comes to Station Cash, that is an SOE system beyond just a DCUO system. I think the decision on pricing when it comes to Marketplace items is more from the SOE side than the DCUO developer side.

I'm not saying that if you don't like it, you shouldn't put your money where your mouth is or stop supporting the game or not buy an Armoury. I'm just saying that blaming the devs (Especially Mepps, who is the Community Manager and therefore probably has the least to do with actually controlling the pricing) isn't going to help.
    • Like x 3
  19. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

no it isn't because your legendary sub is for the game this is new. No where in the legendary perk list does it say that every new addition has to be covered by legendary. Yes 6 bucks a pop is to put it just out to reach for ppl who would use a one month sub to get free armory. Armories didn't just spawn from the ether of nothingness, they cost money, manpower and resources. They need to recoup that spend time and money so excuse them for trying to make sure there isn't 50 different ways to get free ones. If you want to use your LP for them you gotta wait a extra month so be it. I love this game I want to last as long as possible so that means they gotta make money first and foremost.This isn't a charity its a business.
    • Like x 2
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

my man well said. however people do not understand that simply is not good buisness
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.