Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I would like to express my sincerest THANK YOU!!!

I really appreciate SOE, the developers, and Mepps for taking the time to read all our comments and take our feedback into consideration. It says a lot for both parties, and I am very happy with the change. :-}
    • Like x 2
  2. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

thank you. hope this improves your sales 10 fold.
    • Like x 2
  3. Vulpis New Player

The free ones aren't tradable, only the storebought ones.
    • Like x 1
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

first bud I did cancel my legendary. I put my money where my mouth is. secondly been legendary for 2years and about 6 months on main account and legendary on the second account for over a year. an idle account rarely used on stand by incase my nephew gets around a ps3 he has his stuff. all but three legendary toons bought twice and....... money is no issue. however any long time player has very few things to look forward to. new gear is a high light. if your in game money is down new content is the easiest way to profit. first to get item sell it for the most. simple science. when you set up a system that is clearly designed as he who pays the most finishes first that bud its down right dirty business. maybe you don't care if you are treated like that. good for you. maybe you are ok not getting appreciation for being a loyal customer. good for you. me I feel I supported stupidity with these guys and gave them the benefit of the doubt but after multiple things in a row its clear this is no good. I understand maybe you don't get it maybe you just don't care. I don't know and I don't care. honestly if the overall perception in a company reliant on repeat business is they don't care about their customer, ITS VERY BAD.
    bud honestly I don't care about your opinion and I don't mean to offend you. hopefully I don't if so sorry bud.
    as far as poo poo whatever. you are in a forum of multiple views so I think learning to except opinions of all spectrums will be here is very adultish of you
    • Like x 1
  5. BerzerkerUnit New Player

This is flatly wrong. Jens described in detail what one armory can do for the average player unwilling to spend on another. IF you chose to play dps and role this cuts down the time and cost to spec back and forth for optimization in HALF. Example:

0 Amories: I queue up for a Raid as Sorc DPS. Half way through our healer ditches out. I say "no big I can heal, brb" I leave, respec, reallocate points, swap gear, I send tell and wait for voteinvite. I risk the clickhappy reopening the raid to find more players and losing my spot, wasting my Cash and time.

1 Armory: I queue up for a Raid as Sorc DPS. Half way through our healer ditches out. I say "no big deal, I can heal <push 1 button on NumPad> let's do this."

Example 2: I have a default costume I always go back to, it's the defining look for my toon. Halloween I put on all my skeleton styles and run around. Day after halloween I can either manually swap back every costume item or <click> back to my defining look. Example 2a: Christmas, santa suit, day after christmas <click> hero style. 2b: St. Paddie's day. 2c: Summer wars vs aquanauts. And so on.

1 Armory saves so much freaking time for the creative types it will feel like we are playing twice as long. If you Never switch costumes from a standard or never play your alternate role you don't need even 1 armory, let alone 2. Please think deeply about topics before spewing hyperbolic drivel all over the already chaotic forums.

To the OP: Thanks for knocking a few bucks off and making the packs that much more appealing. I wanted a 4 pack, now it feels a little closer to worth it (3 for my main and 3 for my new main alt when Rage drops).
    • Like x 5
  6. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yes you can buy armories with station cash, loyalty points, marketplace cash or whatever you get for legendary on pc or ps. Saving our points to buy them later is is definitely a possibility :)

In mepps's words :
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-in-dcuo-next-week.185398/page-2#post-2221860
    • Like x 2
  7. Mature Content New Player

Thank you for this and taking time to consider the masses request for a price drop. Some are still unhappy and showing in to see that you are still listening is a big deal for me. Getting exactly what we want isn't a compromise.

As for my two cents...

Been with SOE for many years and even got to play DCUO in alpha at fan fair while playing EQ2. The price point you have seems fine to me. Considering that I have paid $10 for an in game mount in basically every game I have played it doesn't look bad. However from what I gather you need to have two in order for them to work correctly (ie being able to switch to dps from your primary role and back again). If your current setup does not store into the armory when switching I do feel we should be given a second one. Versatility is the largest selling point of this game for me and being able to effectively switch to dps and back would be a huge win for anyone that uses the que in order to get groups.
    • Like x 1
  8. Vulpis New Player

Hey, Mepps? Honest suggestion, possibly for the next big update. Since the code is in place to do so, how about 'Costume Closets' that *only* store style sets, and are buyable with in-game currency and/or Marks (1500 currency per slot, perhaps?) That way you have a lightweight one for those of who just want to play dress-up with our Styles, and the heavyweight Armories for those who want the full-on Instant Respecs.
    • Like x 4
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

that's what i was toying with. :)

i guess it really can be just as simple as that...
    • Like x 2
  10. Vaalkyrie New Player

This like many of the other items for sale to me are completely useless. What can you possible be changing in your character that much that you need to switch beyond the two roles your given? Sure it saves a lot of time when you want to switch your styles, but gear? mods? weapons? I just don't see the point let alone spend money on it. It might work for some people and more power to them for it, but not me.

If its revenue they are after then sell Skill Points, items that increase the number of Power Slots available to you so you can use more then six, or one shot items that increase a stat. Most of what is for sale on the market place after a certain point is pretty much useless. The trinkets and items you get from Lockboxes... useless. I have half a vault full of junk items I received that while thoughtful to have gotten are basically junk. What do I want an item that turns me into a beastiamorph for? Give or sell items that will aid me.

As for the newly released styles. Why do they have to be purchased with Marks of Valor? I really don't care for PVP. Certainly not enough to eek out 150 marks worth to get the one piece I need to complete the set. The only alternative is to wait beyond the three years to going to the vault almost daily and get them. Instead of that why not use the Chit idea like for the Raven gear. Allow me to select what piece I want. I once got two Logistics Officer Gloves in one vault. After two years... I highly doubt the randomness or luck of the vault is reliable. Make them tradable.

I have been a legendary member for the better part of three years, sometimes on and off. I have purchased almost all of the DLCs and spent a lot of other money on this game. Ill continue to be legendary for some time. I certainly wont be spending any more money then that. However if and when you sell something worth buying Ill do it. Armories is not it.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Remember, you're given the first one, so by purchasing one you are fully set.
    • Like x 3
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OMFG Yes! My league does theme nights a few times a month, and the worst part is changing back all my styles and colours! I'm so pumped for the style aspect as well as the SP/PP allocation and load out saves. But, I'm with the people who would buy an only style save armoury, just so I could maybe have more than 4 in a base. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  13. Sevanity New Player

What am I going to do with 1 Armory? I'm sorry but in my opinion Armories suck unless you have 2 or more, and this is exactly why you have deliberately given players one for free to try to push them towards buying another.

The price point is absolutely absurd and I will not be supporting it, infact if this is how things are heading for DCUO, I don't even see myself subscribing for much longer, this game is turning into a complete money grab. Not to mention downfall of the PSEU economy which was completely ignored by the devs.

Some full games on cost $8.
    You can get a MONTH of Legendary for $10.
    You can get a MONTH of PlayStation Plus for $5.

There are so much things that are of better value than the Armories that why on earth would I waste my money on them? To me it looks like you're just taking advantage of players, you have built something that should have been in the game from the beginning and not only are you charging for it, but you are over-charging and players with Legendary can't even afford it with a month subscription without paying an extra $8.

I'm not throwing $8 ontop of my subscription for ONE CONSUMABLE item for ONE of my characters.

The prices are a rip off and I won't be supporting them.
    • Like x 5
  14. Vulpis New Player

Actually, there's plenty of utility for switching between two sets, either by regular respect or by Armory. Depending on the role and powerset, your DPS power loadout can be quite different from your Tank/Healer/Controller loadout, and your Solo loadout can sometimes be very different from your Group/Alert/Raid loadout. Plus, the roles have different gear sets, as do swaps between PvE and PvP (which is *enforced* now with PvP gear being disabled in PvE instances, and vice versa).

Of course, that still comes back around to a single Armory being next to worthless...if you're already in that single stored spec, you still need to hit the Respec chamber and switch your power loadout *and* gear manually. And that's not taking into account whether you need a base battery going to use the thing, which is another 1250+ currency per month on top of your respec costs.
    • Like x 1
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

first I always try to be respectfull and yell at someone is not my style. as far as being mad at the armoies not in the game at lauch that is not why I am mad at all. this business will thrive and grow off repeat business.you can say micro transactions till you are blue in the face. I know they help but repeat business is the life line. all I attempted to do is paint a picture of how they decide to make money at our expense. honestly you can not say anything good about their plan for t5. it was low down dirty business. I mean look a duck is a duck and a cat is a cat. t5 was a money grab short and sweet.
    what angers me and why I am at the point I think maybe someone should be fired is simply because the decisions being made are more likely to get someone to quit legendary than to go from premium to legendary. you fix that you wont need money grab dlcs or extortion plans on items like armories.
  16. Radium Devoted Player

One month of Legendary is $15
    One month of PS+ is $10

If you want to go by how you interpret it then one armory is $4.
  17. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

good for you bye, don't let the door hit you where god split you.
  18. Mature Content New Player

Agreed. Though for anyone that does not buy a second one will still need to respec and reapply all of their skill points to go back. From my experience in game, if it is a hassle people won't do it and we will still have three healers in one group because they don't want to apply 100 skill points over again. Storing your currently used set up would also change how effective they are. I say this not to dampen sales but to dramatically improve the experience of playing the game in pug groups. I personally will still buy more because I like having a different setup for solo play as well as being able to switch between primary roles. It would just mean a lot less headache when finding groups from que.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You may have missed the pricing update in the first post of this thread. Either way, thank you for your feedback.
    • Like x 5
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

[quote="Sevanity, post: 2231562, member: 313066"]snip I'm sorry but in my opinion Armories suck unless you have 2 or more, and this is exactly why you have deliberately given players one for free to try to push them towards buying another..[/quote]

Exactly. Because, in my opinion, one free one is awesome. Neither opinion is correct, they are just opinions. If you don't like them, you don't have to use them. Personally, I'm taking advantage of them because I think they offer a unique and helpful service to the game, no one says you have to do the same.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.