Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We value this discussion and everyone's feedback, but to continue to participate, you must do so without insulting us or your fellow players. Thanks.
    • Like x 21
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Personal attacks on people you disagree with? Wow.
    • Like x 4
  3. GrumpySnot New Player

Stop saying "force"............

No one is forcing you to do anything.

Go legendary, and use your loyalty points.

Not everything they put into the marketplace, is free or price appealing, ON ANY GAME.
    Most games provide, average currency to get one or two things free a month thru membership.
    NOT everything they come out with.....
    Relax, now that yall are uptight, the day is, finally over
    • Like x 3
  4. erckboy Active Player

i was gonna buy 1 before, now im definitely getting 4
    • Like x 2
  5. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Honest question what would have been your perfect solution? Free? 1 dollar ea? What would have made you happy? Because everyones a idiot except you according to your post for being happy that the dev team listened to its player base and compromised. You need a reality check you aint some super savvy consumer your just a whiner on a game forum. Stop trying to make yourself feel superior to everyone by riding on some imaginary high horse Mr Super Consumer.
    • Like x 1
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

you can feel how you feel and I feel as I do. my opinion is a pretty popular opinion. looking at a big picture the problem is the business ethics they implore so no I wont stop speaking up. maube you disagree maybe u don't get it or just don't care. good for you. I have watched people endure since year one and its just getting worse and worse. also fyi I doubt its mepps and people like spord making these decisions. probably soe maybe jens. don't know don't care just want to see ethical business and ofcourse a little customer appreciation
    • Like x 1
  7. Myrdin69 New Player

less outrageous but still overprice

nicely done tho, coupling flatting the customers wallet and the classic "listening to feedback":rolleyes:

but still not gonna make me forget the initial price of this feature, while many other game are offering it for free.
    • Like x 4
  8. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

post like this crack me up. Ok your the ethics avenger! Its a game if you don't like the policies or the ethics they are using according to you leave, stop playing, stop spending money on this game. If your F2p then with gives you any right to complain about anything honestly. If your not F2p and are just stinking up the joint with your nonsensical notions of ethics stop. If you don't like it thats fine you can feel how you want but don't poo poo all over everyone else ok.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sardonic New Player

So, if every member gets "one free armory per character through a mission" and you can trade armories between characters, couldn't someone simply start a new character, run the mission to get the armory, trade it to an existing character and then delete and repeat until they hit the cap? What am I missing here?
  10. McGhee Well-Known Player

But I want 15. Pretty Please?
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Shoulda just kept the old price Captain.. coulda made them $1 and still would have had people complaining
  12. Flemix Level 30

Get real people.

What was the generally expected/acceptable deal for most was 5$, redeemable for all characters.
    What they offer now falls way short considering it is still not redeemable.

If you look at your current mindset, you are being very generous towards SOE.
    Now realize you were already very generous before when proposing 5$ to be a fair price.

The truth of the matter is that outside of looking at other overpriced propositions for reference
    there is simply no way to claim this pricing fair.

The only reason this feature is so appealing as to seem worth a high price
    is due to the lack of an obviously needed save spec feature since launch.

Armories cannot have required more resources than DLCs.
    They are an integral part of a proper dual role game mechanic, which is core to DCUO.

These two factors clearly points to the simple fact that Armories should be affordable, not expensive.

There is no reason to charge any more for it than the DLCs other than they think they can get away with it.

A truly fair price would be to have it same as DLCs.
    Included in Legendary and 10$ for full access.

The only reason this will seems ludicrous to most of you is the insanely high bar they put up for you to look at.
    Take a few steps back.

Equivalent to Armories are commonly offered free of charge in many MMOs.
    If you are getting fooled, at least don't be happy about it.
    • Like x 6
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

bud I often have two accounts going also. my nephew has an account and logs on maybe every other month.i could caeless about paying the extra cash completely not the point. I don't see how people do not understand when you constantly smash paying customers and have them feeling they are nothing more than unwanted exploited customers its very bad.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

The free one is not tradeable to other characters.. only the ones you bought are
  15. Gwalir Loyal Player

They've said only purchasable ones are traded. The one free one for each character will not be tradable.
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Lol! I've been playing since a month after release and bought a lifetime membership the next month. But that isn't the case here. You wanted people to lose their jobs! What? ! Because you are upset that armouries weren't in the game three years ago? That's.....silly. And as I teach my students, just because you have a problem with someone, you do not have the right to disparage them. It's always best to air ones disagreements in s positive manner, personally attacking someone is a horrible thing to do. No matter what. I hope you aren't someone who yells at customer service reps often.
    • Like x 6
  17. MercPony Devoted Player

This community is never satisfied :rolleyes:

They listen to us and adjust the prices and people still find a reason to complain.
    • Like x 7
  18. Dammacx New Player

A couple thoughts.
    If the game had not gone F2P then armouries would (should) be part of the Legendary membership. But since a large part of the player base is basically playing for free (I would love to know how the numbers break down) or only sometimes financially supporting the game then SOE needs to make money and I do not blame them for that. On the other hand I can see the point of view of some that are loyal monthly subscribers who feel a bit cheated by having to pay more for a feature of the game. And unlike other Marketplace items Armouries serve a game changing feature and not just for cosmetics. If that we're the case and their only feature was for a quick costume change some might not care as much.

My view is that they should have worked a way that legendary would have access to more armouries then non legendary. And if someone skips a month they simply lose access to their extra Armouries and it drops Down to the one free one or the extra ones they bought. I think if Legendary had been give say 2-4 armouries per character many would still buy extras.

I think one of the big complaints at the moment is that Legendary players, especially the loyal ones that pay month after month are not getting a lot extra for their money compared to F2P and even premium part timers.

One question and I may have misunderstood what I read but are Legendary now going to get both Station Cash and Loyalty points? And are Armouries going to be sold on both? If so that might help with some of the pain people are feeling. Jut save ur points and cash for two months or more and get your free armouries ?
    • Like x 4
  19. Dene Devoted Player

I wish there was a cosmetic version.. cheaper and you can have like 20 in your base lol
    • Like x 2
  20. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Not everyone is crying only a select few who get their jollies or ego boost from trying to sound superior to everyone because their smart to see through the vale that SOE is casting lol. They need to get a life and stop trying to bring everyone down. I was pissed at the 8 dollar price point, I wanted 5 dollars but I'm happy they found a compromise. Its better then what most other games would do.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.