Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black ice New Player

more free thing not going buy a thing? more free new iconic powers now dc.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

first bud thank you because you backed up every thing I said. while I debated this with the newkid. ok couldn't you and your guys live with the prices if legendary had two builds? wouldn't you still buy additional armories? most importantly wouldn't you feel well you wouldn't feel disrespected and unappreciated correct? the sad truth is this setup will kill dcuo. I quit till they right the wrong and some of your guys have one foot out the door. t5 was a money grab that had huge negative results on multiple levels. the guys who make decisions then said lets set this up to get every penny possible. so if they followed t5 with this it becomes clear going forward we are in trouble. your guys on the fence will then leave and as I am now you will see when close friends leave over extortion this game loses something.
    the people crying its a company it needs profit I say save it. t3 the game seemed strong. since then they added replay, scanners, countless legends, how many weapon styles,...... I think everyone gets it. their earning is wide open and they clearly have tons of ways to earn if they have customer volume. I ask how does this help? some of your guys are close to saying see you dcuo and as you pointed out more mmos are comeing. this is when dc should be bending over backward to bolster their hold on the console mmo customer base.
    AT THIS POINT IN TIME MAYBE THOSE WHO MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT CUSTOMER TREATMENT SHOULD BE REPLACED.
    I don't know any other way.
  3. Ominous New Player

well that is your opinion i guess. some games don't even offer a respec at all. once you've allocated your points they're permanent and you would have to make a new character if you thought you screwed up the allocation. once again people point out more negatives, and fail to see the positives. this feature; while yes is well overdue, we are finally getting it. after all it is ideas that start on forums that may get implemented into future content. so the people can really blame themselves for not voicing their opinions when the time permitted to do so. people didn't care about the cost enough to start a forum early on about what they thought is a suitable cost to pay (when it was announced back in december i believe) and now that it's too late they care? use it or don't use it. the only people complaining i figure are people who can't afford it. No one is making you purchase them anyways. so i don't know why i keep getting quoted by people that are still trying to justify the price for themselves, or convince me to re-think about DCUO milking us for money. i do not give a f*** about the price. i will support DCUO on anything they release. It helps the conception of future content. and that is truly what people b**** about. not enough content. not enough raifds, not enough of this or that. then they implement such things and it's not good enough.
    • Like x 2
  4. thenewkidd New Player

Sorry.. but every business is "making a profit at our expense"... that is just the way business is.. if they weren't trying to make a profit.. they would likely fail to stay in business...
    Second
    Your poll and my poll seem to differ... and that's OK... you are again assuming though... you have no proof.
    As I will say time and time again.. LOOK AT THESE TWO THREADS!.

You and a select few people keep coming in here and complaining YOU ARE A SMALLER PERCENT THAN THE HAPPY!...

I have already proven that with the likes between threads and the first four pages of posts.. I really don't want to prove my point further by posting my "Happy folks" vs "Unhappy folks" between the treads.

It's impossible to please everyone, but you assumption is because YOU aren't happy, everyone must feel the same as you...
    In this thread.. YOU ARE THE MINORITY... this is but a small sample study of already the DCUO population.

You can bring up if you wish to continue this conversation.. bring proof next time.. you are throwing some pretty big claims and numbers without any links or numbers to back them up.

Sorry your upset.. this game is not for you... if enough people quit.. fine... DCUO might do something about that and change their ways... but if more of the DCUO population feel as they do in this thread... DCUO is looking just fine and they don't need you as a customer to constantly complain and telling them how to do their job... They have families to provide for, they have a job to protect and they have analysts that WORK FOR THEM that see past trends on what sells... and if they make money on this the way it's set up.. they are not a charity.

Sorry you have to quit... my league of 50+ (also a small sample study and all legendary member) are currently happy...
    • Like x 1
  5. Ominous New Player

i agree. if you want to quit then quit. you will not be missed. most likely the game will flourish more because some negativity has been removed.
  6. AJPro Committed Player

Can not lie at this point the $ is fine just want them to be available seems like whatever role I am spect to I need to be the other....
    • Like x 1
  7. Certainlogic New Player

Newkid, first you argue that you don't have the statistics and now you say you do. Please get your facts straight. Please stop recanting your statements so much. It makes it impossible for you to look like you know what is going on. I highly doubt that you have 50+ Legendary members in your league that are happy with being milked.

Ominous, you're right the base themes are rehashed and cost $10 and are account bound. Glad you brought them up. Armories should be account bound too. All the other DLCs are rehashed crap and are account bound too. So why can't armories do the same?

With the current population size, can this game really afford to lose anymore subscribers? (directed at SoE marketing team)

If newkid knows what is going on and the people that are unhappy with being milked is the minority, how many people have all ready left the game? In LFG channel, it is so slow now.
  8. Ominous New Player

armories from what i herd in the video are account bound. you purchase them on one toon then you can split them up through shared bank. i may have misheard though.
  9. Certainlogic New Player

The problem is that you have to buy it per toon. Account bound would like the DLC/base theme. Buy on one toon and have it on all the toons.

Guess I forgot the quotes on the "voice acting." Sorry about that.
  10. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Available to Account = (like base themes) one purchase gives all toons access
    Account Bound = (clearly explained in game) can be traded to ANY toon on the account.

... unless your saying that's what you wish it was ... ooooh ... I get it

EDIT: Has Mepps even confirmed that the delay is real? Or is the only post he made about it the "we might have to" post?
    • Like x 1
  11. Radium Devoted Player

Just that its up in the air.

We really won't know for sure if its delayed until Thursday night.
  12. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I've still got my fingers cross that it will be tomorrow, but I'm just going with it at this point :)
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

I'm curious, every thread I see you reply in you sound like Yoda. Is this intentional?
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

FIRST did you read certainlogics post. he was speaking directly to you and telling you a voice of almost 50 you are wrong. that's fifty legendary long time players.
    second. listen don't tell me this game is not for me. its simple as the game is great. the people in charge of decisions such as armories are..... they value their clients differently than i and operate with a different code of ethics than i.
    last bud don't come back to me with two threads. i all ready told you i simply do not care about what the premium clients think. does not matter to me. have you offered any additional evidence to support they are legendary? my point all along is how this affects legendary members. long standing loyal players.
    i cant go without correcting you one last time. i own my business and i have never made $1 at the expense of a client. i provide a service and i also give a %100 garaunte to all my work.

my questions to you are simple. 1 how old are you? 2 are you even legendary 3.how long have you played and cr plus skill points.
    i don't mean that as disrespect but clearly enough evidence is there and clearly a nice portion of legendary guys agree with me. maybe your not old enough or been on the game long emough or..... i don't know but please don't repeat yourself again. all you have to do is scroll back and see CERTAINLOGICS post to you and i have 50 people about who agree. out of the small number of people on this thread that's a nice percentage. just the trend you see here on the percentage of legendary guys mad in a repeat business field one who cares about the game should be concerned.
    I CANT LET IT GO CAUSE ITS STILL CRACKS ME UP. IN THE T3 AND T2 RAIDS EVERY PUG GROUP I AM IN ARE HAPPY. thanks for that bud. in the midst of this crap its nice to get such a good laugh
  15. Kiza Uzumaki New Player

mepps wat if u didnt want 1 for 1 toon will the free one be tradable
  16. thenewkidd New Player

I have been playing for about 2 years... My CR currently is 100 on my main and 99 on my alt.. I have 146 SP on my main and 108 on my alt... other toons are gaining speed.
    I did statistical analysis for 12 years for the Air Force and numbers are my friend... I'm 33 years old turning 34 soon.

None of that has to do with anything.... You are unhappy.. sorry for that, and sorry to say.. you don't know me or my league.. Yes.. there are MANY MANY members in it and yes.. most of them are legendary and not premium (I am not premium)...

You keep up your assuming though.. because as I said.. prove to me that the people that are happy in this thread aren't legendary and only premium.. PLEASE do it...

If you have a link to the trend analysis DCUO has on profits... please post a link.

I brought up T3 and T2 is because I pug those a lot... random sample study if you will... doesn't mean I am of that Tier lvl as I am always chasing feats and helping with feats (whether in my league or not).

You obviously think that the majority of DCUO is unhappy which isn't the case.. I don't know that, and you sure as heck don't know that.. if you know the majority of DCUO OR it's Legendary player base.. well I would be able to drop your name to anyone and more often than not they would know who you are... but, I am willing to bet STATISTICALLY.. that that's not true.
    • Like x 1
  17. thenewkidd New Player

No
  18. Neo-Jehuty New Player

Adding to this at any given moment you can only use 4 armories it is really difficult for me to see the logic of this format in the first place.
  19. Neo-Jehuty New Player

Hey people in public relations always need to be calm and composed. Hats of to Mepps.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Kudos to you..

I love the presumption that you mean nothing because you do t2 and t3 stuff, like your opinion means nothing smh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.