Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

I'll accept this price....for now...
    • Like x 1
  2. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Everyone gets 1 free armory... The rest must be purchased...
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

Everyone still gets the one free one per character.
  4. Flemix Level 30

To those happy to point out my "inaccuracy":
    Sorry to have given you this easy way to miss my point.

By that I was referring to the fact that if you have a single character you wish
    to get full Armories for you'll now spend 64$ instead of 60$.
    You can only have 16 total Armories, one of which is free.
    That was the obvious reason for the previous 15 pack.
    But indeed you'll get one more, that you can't use. yay

My main message is that a slightly cleaned up rotten deal still stinks.
    • Like x 5
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You can use the extra on an alt! ^.^
    • Like x 2
  6. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

why would you need so many honestly? this is a big win. they listened to the player base and actually lowered the price. the 4 packs are a lot more sensible now. You gotta remember this for the majority of players the guys who don't have money to blow and only want a few. Not the player base that has money out the wazo and wants 60 armories on one guy for whatever reason. The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few. The Devs just seriously made a lot of ppl happy. i know for sure that i wasn't going to buy any at that price now ill be picking up a 4 pack.
    • Like x 5
  7. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Are u ever happy... Geez... U got it cheaper... Just be satisfied with the win... I'm sure even at $5 u would still whine...
    • Like x 5
  8. Gwalir Loyal Player

While I'm sure that there will be a few that will have the max on just one character, my guess is most will have them spread across multiple.

For the most part, I can't imagine most people wanting sixteen Armories for one character, especially when you can only have 4 active at a time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Definitely going to spend moneh!
    • Like x 5
  10. Tule New Player

I pointed out that you might have meant that, and that you would be out 4 bucks. But far more people won't be. I highly doubt there are many people that want exactly 15. 16 on one character seems like a bit much. Unless you wanted them for decoration. And if you care enough about this game to buy 15 armories for 1 character then odds are you have at least 1 alt that could use the extra armory. Maybe I'm wrong with some people, but again, I think the majority of people are benefiting from this. I know I am.

For me:

Expecting: 6 for 30 dollars.
    Original annoucement: 4 for 24 dollars
    Now: 8 for 32 dollars.

I'm spending 2 dollars more than I was expecting to, but if I bought those original 6 and an ad popped up and asked if I wanted 2 more for a dollar each I would click the "hell yeah" option.
    • Like x 5
  11. Kristyana New Player

Now, if we had something similar to an armory that only saved costume slots and not actual loadouts and specs...like a closet...I would throw so much money at the screen.
    • Like x 7
  12. Scott Zyur New Player

This is great news. I will probably buy a 4 pack at first and then buy more later if i need them. Already have my loadouts planned too.

PvE DPS, PvE Troll, PvP DPS for my HL
    Melee PvE DPS, Ranged PvE DPS, and PvE Tank for my Fire.

Can't wait till next week for these.
    • Like x 4
  13. Nemisor Committed Player

well look, you dont like it? thats cool we get that. youre angry at SOE we get that, but please dont makes this an attack on the people that are fine with this too.
    • Like x 6
  14. AzraelR Committed Player

Unfortunately it's still very expensive for those who want to play with multiple chars, even considering the packs. But it's not my case.

I've decided that I will play with only ONE char in 2014. Unfortunately the price of armories still does not make me want to play with more chars.

I wish it was $5 (500SC), but ok, I can buy 2 at the current price, but I'll stop there, I can't go beyond.
  15. sveen New Player

Soo... armories only work one way?? So even recieving our free one we still need to buy another to return to original setup without having to respec??
    • Like x 1
  16. Ikyotojin2 New Player

Rats... this means i need to learn to care about my men toon being more than dps....
  17. SuperiorMouse New Player

i was actually thinking about making a post about that a couple weeks ago but i couldn't flesh it out enough.

i could care less about the loadouts. i just want the cosmetic features.
    • Like x 1
  18. Nemisor Committed Player

because from my point of view they have done what we asked. they have changed the price. it may not be exactly how i wanted it but thats life, things rarely go the way we want.

and dont forget i was one of the first people in that last thread complaining just as loud as you were.
    • Like x 4
  19. SuperBell Loyal Player

I think it's still too expensive. But I don't think they are going to budge any further. I guess I'll have to wait for a sale.
  20. cassi Well-Known Player

Wait I thought the first one was free? I pay a fortune for this game monthly and now I have to buy my armory. That's it Feb 1st, I am canceling both subs I pay for...what a rip off.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.