Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This was the next logical step for them...Im still not happy with the price of them, but people had to know they werent gonna cut their initial price in half

Im "okay" with it...Im not buying as many as I initially planned, but im okay with it
    • Like x 6
  2. Cosmique Active Player

I'd personally say the price is satisfactory. Its not great but its not awful either. The exclusion of the 15 pack is disappointing but what have you. At the end of the day at least its not as bad as PWE who charge $3 EVERY TIME you re-spec.
    • Like x 1
  3. Grace Hoffspedz New Player

Well, "need" two armories? Don't feel the need. The game will be as playable without as it was before armories come. That's all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hattake New Player

Ясно, понятно
  5. Agla New Player

Now promote a decent SC sale and I definitely buy a 4-pack <3
    And hey, thanks. :)
  6. Ogat New Player

I'm happy You listened to us :) Thanks for this change.
    • Like x 1
  7. Clutch Committed Player

I like the new pricing.
    • Like x 1
  8. Circe New Player

Still not buying these.

For someone with 20+ toons, I was hoping they would make these redeemable on all toons (buy 1, all toons get it). I should've known better that they wouldn't go that route, But they had previously done it with other Marketplace items like inventory and bank slots, so I was hoping they would do the same here.

I thought Mepps said they were listening to all feedback. Do they care about those of us with alts at all? Cuz we gave our feedback multiple times in that thread, and it feels like they just ignored our input altogether.
    • Like x 3
  9. Campor Well-Known Player

Like I said, it's not Mepps' fault. More than likely, SOE didn't think that it'd be as profitable to have them for every character on the account.
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

Why does all of your toons need an armory, you dual spec with all of them?! Also they did listen to feedback. The loudest voices were heard. Those voices shouted for the price to be lowered. If more people shouted for account bound then maybe that's the route they would have went(doubt it)
    • Like x 1
  11. Circe New Player

I don't want to be at a disadvantage on any of my toons. With this screwy matchmaking system for raids, I queue up, come to find there are 4 other healers in the instance. Meaning who's probably getting kicked? My alt. because she's not quite geared properly yet. Even though I'm good, my alt gets kicked for gear.

That's why my alts need these. So they aren't kicked from instances, and I can just change on the fly.

It's hard having alts, and they should really make it easier on us. I pay every month, and this is the thanks they give me?
    • Like x 1
  12. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

$32 for he 8 pack..... So if u have 8 alts.. They each will get 1 u purchased plus the free one... So 2 each... They did Listen.. They made it cheaper which in turn made it alt friendly... Because it's more affordable... especially at lower qty... I guess they can't make everyone happy... U are never satisfied... So I'm not shocked at this post...
    • Like x 2
  13. Circe New Player

I can't keep up a sub, pay 32 bucks for an 8 pack, and pay for unlockable feats for my alts. I already bought tons of Replay Badges for the feats. I'm not paying for armories. If they were unlocked account wide, I probably would have bought a few. But because they aren't I will not.

To have an additional armory on 20+ toons would cost 96 dollars. No way am I buying that, especially with feat unlocks coming up.
    • Like x 1
  14. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

20+ toons is crazy... No way u could have felt armories was going to be affordable for all those toons... I have 2 alts and they probably will never get an armory cuz I don't play them enough!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Blight KOBRA Commander

I think this price set is more manageable and I thank the devs for listening to the feedback and making the changes.
    • Like x 1
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Why don't you spend your monthly rewards on them, then? 1 at a time. Or go half and half. There's no rush to own all the armories you need. They aren't a limited time only offer. They're here for the life of the game.

Alternatively, wait until there's another sales on and buy them then. 50% off sale would reduce the cost of the amount you need to $48. If you used loyalty points to buy half of them, too, you're talking $24 to equip all your alts with a second armory.

---

The new price positions armories within the range I predicted. I think it's a fair price for such a valuable feature. The game needs to make money some how and I'd rather that they created items and content like this for us to buy than resort to nonsense like hiding the best gear in the raids and deliberately pricing in-game vendor items outside of the reach of Premium players in the hope that it will tempt them into buying an Escrow pass or subscribing (spoilers: It doesn't).
    • Like x 4
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Here's a really crazy idea, as well. Go outside. Look at the sun or clouds or whatever is in the air at that time. Grab a movie or a bite to eat at a diner. 20+ toons seems a bit too much. I dare say, if you play all the toons equally, you may have waaaay too much spare time on your hands.
    If you already get outside, with all those alts used equally, then I guarantee you never sleep.
    And lastly, no one is telling you that you need an armory. That's entirely up to you. They give you a free one, IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM. If you like it and want more, then buy more.
    Do you get mad when Auntie Anne's only gives you a sample bite free and not a whole dang pretzel?
    Do you get mad when you buy a car and have to replace parts with your own money?
    Geez, its an economy. Everyone wants money. If you were selling a product, would you give away free accessories after its sold?
    • Like x 3
  18. savageprime New Player

I will go ahead and tell you I'm sure they aren't losing sleep on you not be satisfied as much as you want. The community was heard and changes were made. Not all changes but the biggest one we spoke on. So for those such as myself who was not buying many of them due to price we are now buying all we want. Also why do you absolutely HAVE to buy your feats aside from doing what the game intended and earn them. I mean really what feat is completely out of reach aside from luck drop styles? Also as a sub you can use LP to buy them and 20+ Alts????? Really come on you expect the complete up keep of over 10 alts to be cheap and easy and catered to you even though I doubt the majority base of player have that many alts. You are one of them players who want to pay the absolute minimum required but want max options in the game opened to them. And if you really care for your game play experience and really don't want to get kicked in the scenario you speak of......you will buy the armories lol. Have a good day.
    • Like x 1
  19. Circe New Player

Excuse me, but it is a perk of being Legendary to be able to create many alts. I figured that I better put those additional character slots to good use, to get the most out of my sub and the slots I bought.

If they didn't want me to create alts, they wouldn't have included being allowed to make so many characters as a Legendary perk, or sell Additional Character Slots in the Marketplace.
  20. Jamie New Player

I('ve only looked at the first page and gotta say that even though this isn't my preferred pricing I can live with it. I'm thinking of buying the 8 pack. Thank you SOE for listening to us.

Flemix - your math is off. It originaly would have cost you $60 for 15 or $68 for 16. Now it will cost you $64 for 16. The ony way that I can see the price breaks making everyone happy is if they worked in ranges. Like 1-3 cost $6 each, 4-7 cost $5 each, and 8 or more cost $4 each. This is the way most businesses do things but for most businesses we are talking about physical items and people process the orders. SOE could add this feature but it could take a lot of work and I'm not sure how much they would gain from it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.