Update Models

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ANYDOGG1, May 11, 2018.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

NPC updates are needed.
    But yeah, our characters models too. I know sliders means "too much work" but there must be something that could be done.
    Significant new hairstyles and skins would make the work done. New HD textures for old hairstyles and skins. No need to touch the proportions since that would mess with the gear nodes.
    Our characers cant blink, the face are all the same and we need more hairstyles, even 2 tones ones.
    Amazon skins faces look amazing, and the ethnic and animal skins could use new updated textures, even animated tails.
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

A high-texture update to older styles, hair and skins would be one good place to start.
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, a tail that actually moves would be nice (they can examine how the models work in EQ & EQ2), except, tails are treated like waist items
  4. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

Circe took her FORM, she didn't just play dressup, remember, she has that power.
  5. ANYDOGG1 Level 30

I don't like the gameplay of Champions Online. But I love their character creation system. I just don't know why DCUO doesn't adopt a system like that. Think of all the new style/gear pieces they could introduce into the game to charge us for.

An actual visible neck style/gear, upper arms, lower arms, hip gear (not to be confused with waist), thigh gear, lower leg gear.
    Also they could introduce armor gear pieces to go on top of our costumes.

Champions doesn't hold a patent on that kind of character creation system. DCUO can take elements of it and incorporate it.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

DCUO would have to rebuild it's entire graphics system to allow for that, it's the reason why they won't add in sliders: the game simply wasn't built for it
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

yeah new skins and faces would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

I think they should do the whole update on US not the NPCs.. revamp our character' graphics etc

Sliders etc would be great but aint gonna happen imo
    • Like x 1
  9. Hydraze Active Player

Megzilla actually confirmed they've been working on new hairstyles and "updating skin shaders" which is supposed to lead to an "overall visual update", so...fingers crossed for something great!
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just hope, if they do do that, they copy EQ2 and allow us the choice of using the older model if we find the 'replacement' model to be **** (like SuperOdo and Blehra aka new skin Superman and Mera)
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

The game follows the classic look.

Injustice 2 has all that new stuff, I'm happy with how dcuo legends model is currently is.
    • Like x 1
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Imo it is not needed, the game centers around classic comic look and for someone who barely reads the comic I can only appreciate that this game holds on to. But I do agree with you on your other points.
    • Like x 1
  13. Megzilla Developer

The opportunity to update your character anyway. Hopefully. We are still working on this so I can't hard promise anything. If things go smooth, I believe we are retaining the old skins as well in case players don't want to change.
    • Like x 7
  14. Hydraze Active Player

I think the game just centered around what the heroes and villains wore at the time. If they truly centered it around their classic looks they wouldn't be revamping them. But for people that do like them I hope they keep the classic version of the legend and add the revamped version as a skin.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you
    They are revamping because people whined about why they haven't
  16. Alina Well-Known Player

Sorry for the Necro response. But I was one of those players that whined about updating the player skins. Glad all that crying paid off! So happy to hear that devs are working on updating the player characters. I'd be happy for just non-blur face like the rest of new hero/villain npcs.

& if it not too late to ask can we maybe get new skins with pointy ears? Amazo, Sinestro, etc. The bigger the better.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just not WoW-ears, those things (along with their eyebrows) could be used in place of a rapier!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Alina Well-Known Player

Oh I see. My mistake. Sorry. It was just in jest regardless.

:D hehe maybe not that big. I mean big enough to see. I'd settle for helm inspired one as well. Like Skrull or Malekith. You know like average sized ears but mechanical metal elf/goblin/fairy ears (possibly with the mask open with just the metal frame chin/helm & ears).

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. Alina Well-Known Player

Now everyone knows what my next villain is going to be. An evil fairy/pixie in a exosuit (time to change the norm that they are all love and sunshine in tiny dresses). No idea if that is feasible. But I am going to sacrifice a lot of time in the attempt.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

EQ2 has evil corrupted fairies called Arasai :D
    • Like x 1