Work In Progress Update: Episode 13 and 14 Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Expanding Mark Relevancy In Episode 14

We will change Mark Relevancy so that Episode 13 content is also relevant for players progressing through Episode 14. This change will occur in an upcoming hotfix, expand the variety of content available for Marks, and begin the previously announced rolling Mark Relevancy window earlier than expected.

Why? How?

The transition from 13 to 14 is an anomaly. It's the last of the quarterly Episodes, the start of a new tier that isn't filled out yet, and in many ways the transition to our new monthly content structure and everything that entails. Your feedback has been largely that the content available to you for Marks once you are into Episode 14 is too limited - incredibly fun, but as a single Episode your regular play lacks some of the variety you're used to.

While this is what commonly happens when a new tier is introduced, we agree the landscape of the game is changed, and we see no reason not to extend Mark Relevancy to include Episode 13 while you are in Episode 14.

This essentially begins the rolling 6 month (12 pieces of content) content window described in this post earlier than we had planned. When you begin progressing in the first two pieces of monthly content later this year, the first two pieces of Episode 13 content will no longer be relevant. When you begin progressing in the second month's content, two more pieces of Episode 13 content will no longer be relevant, and so on.

As such:
    • Labyrinth of Lost Souls and Return to the Nexus will have a maximum relevant Combat Rating of 126.
    • Halls of Hades and Patrol Catastrophe will have a maximum relevant Combat Rating of 130.
    • Throne of the Dead and Act of Defiance will have a maximum relevant Combat Rating of 135.
    The huge benefit for everyone is that is that you won't have to wait for that rolling content window to fill up later this year, you'll instantly have 12 pieces of relevant content, and you'll see the plan we've been working towards in effect much sooner. These changes will occur in an upcoming hotfix, once work and testing are complete.

Update: We were able to get this work completed quicker than expected, and it should be implemented after tomorrow morning's server restarts.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-may-21-2015.252673/
    • Like x 72
  2. ArtOfFreak Well-Known Player

Right on!
    • Like x 2
  3. blackdeadpool New Player

sweet
    • Like x 2
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thank you
    • Like x 3
  5. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Will you be adding relevancy windows to other things such as crafting materials? all catalysts costing 1 MoV seems kinda silly to me.
  6. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Good to hear, This does help things out a bit.
    • Like x 2
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Thank you Mepps awesome news !
    • Like x 2
  8. RADIODIALS Level 30

So Happy!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Good move. /thumbup
    • Like x 2
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Neato !
    • Like x 2
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Great change, I wondered why it wasn't in 47 from the start. Gives people more time to get used to the sliding relevancy thing too.
    • Like x 3
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This is actually awesome! After I max out my 100 marks again on all the T6 raids this week, I will equip my 110 and 102 gear in my inventory :D. Thank you DCUO dev team for the change!
    • Like x 3
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Nooooice!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  15. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I've already completed the set but I'm so happy with this change. Now time the farm those raids for marks to complete my sector set.

THANK YOU.
    • Like x 4
  16. Kohina Well-Known Player

Thank you so much *claps*
    • Like x 2
  17. tinoman Dedicated Player

mepps thank you for reading past all these obnoxious comments. lol. to give players more content to grind for gear and rare styles.B ig ups 2 you devs :)
    • Like x 3
  18. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

I like how they drop Return to the Nexus from relevancy first. Seriously, I love you guys for that little addition, that mission's just a pain.
  19. jedirobb Well-Known Player

Thank you.

I fully understand that you have to "cut the cord" at some point and to do so once the content is rolling out in the new schedule makes the most sense. This transitional update was a bit too abrupt an end with the next update, seemingly, too far away.

Really appreciate the team taking our feedback and making this adjustment.

To you community:
    Take a moment and burn this into your memory so, when the new content schedule actually starts and the capping hits again, you remember that they fixed this NOW so that we could move forward THEN.

Even though I know people will complain, at least I have this thread and post to link again and again and again and again.
    • Like x 5
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What a sigh of relief...Thanks guys!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.