Upd43: Slackers begone

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by tukuan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

See even if they did that, while it could be equally funny, all it would take is one person to go stand on the node once they realize what's happening. All they want is the rewards so the best way is to not reward them if they chose not to fight.

Really what I'd like to see is the rewards system revamped. Couple these heuristics with a system that rewards participation and then you'd be onto something really good.
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Doubt it tbh, we just need a tourny of our own.. Couple of guys on the server used to set up tournes but it would be cool to have them more regularly, FNL style

Yeah agreed, get rewarded for points scored on the match or kills etc... still curious of how this system will work in GU43
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Well they won't tell us because then it will be gamed. Which if that's the case like I've been saying it isn't a very good system to begin with. Aside from that, you have to know that someone will figure out how it works.
    • Like x 1
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

They always do, just wanna see it in action.. never been a fan of speculating and stuff
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Curious if you could get banned on test for repeatedly doing this...
    • Like x 1
  6. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Wouldn't know, im PS peasant xD
    • Like x 2
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Right. Curses. Thought you were switching over to try out PC?
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Yeah, just nailed the feats first on PS and taking a little break cause I got a bit on my plate atm currently.. Barley played this week except for some scrims and the vault xD
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, same for me. Haven't had much time at all for leisure activities. Plus I'm still plugging away at some stuff for Free2BeMe's story that I promised to work on for her a while ago :p

Even though I'm not playing I normally regularly log in to test stuff though so these past couple weeks have been a bit of a challenge for me.
  10. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Blizzard matches slackers with and against slackers. That simple. People don't need to contact a GM or something once they feel their account has been banned unjustified, they just need to move themselves in the next couple/mass of missions to get rid of the "slacker" status again. No CSR involved, no GMs, no chance to accidentally mess with legit players rewards - just a legit player may be considered a slacker if his participation is flawed over and over (maybe connection issues etc) - but he can fix that himself by properly performing in slacker groups for a while.

No. There is a basic quality and good approaches, but flaws in details, lore adaption and the way GUs and DLCs constantly break stuff that isn't even close to the updated material makes this game average. And by saying that I'm implying that the average game is sadly in a similar shape. Worst part about those "break unrelated stuff"-updates is: they often break low level content/features or generic functions, so new players get the impression of "this game is buggy". As MMOs have high player fluctuation these days, breaking the low level content is a good way to ensure DCUO may in not-to-distant-future have more players leaving than joining. Worse, the broken low level stuff often does not make it to the forums, as players here are usually/naturally more concerned with not getting rewards for the new stuff, bugged caps of marks, the nerfs of the no-longer-new stuff etc. The elaborated toon has no longer to deal with syncing problems when entering instances from the open and world or leave an instance back to the open world or with the non-stacking of looted soders.

Another bad approach is to not care about the PS3 any longer, as the mass of players is still playing from a PS3. Doesn't matter that the PS4 may be the moneymaker - if the larger mass of players walks off because the game becomes unplayable, the smaller group on the PS4 will notice the effect of that.

So at that point, there might not be a quality MMO around anymore. Sad, as e.g. Gran Turismo 5 was an excellent game to all details, and it's also done by a Sony Company (not SOE though - and GT6 was a step back in the wrong direction). Maybe Star Citizen of Chris Roberts will help lift the expectations for upcoming and existing games again once it goes life. I'm not sure so if constantly pushing the release dates back like happening with Star Citizen is a good or bad indicator for that ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. ZEOKEN Well-Known Player

AMAZING POINT
  12. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Several weeks afterwards, and as I predicted there has been no explanation forthcoming from the Devs regarding their policies for account sanctions.
    • Like x 1
  13. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

This is ridiculous. Worse feature ever added to dcuo. So not only if I go in 1vs1 and if I beat the other player and he was really bad at pvp not only neither of us gets marks but he has a chance to be banned lol. Wtf??
    • Like x 3
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's a confirmed bug.
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I realize that, read about it. But why implant a feature that's bugged ? Although I should of known already with each GU there's always something wrong. But that doesn't change the fact that if it was on test servers they didn't see this? Couldn't they not add it in the GU till its fixed? I'm missing one more piece and now I can't get it till the damn fix comes. All day today I been pvpin, either we dominate and no marks so technically we losing or we get beat to fast and no marks still. It's bad as it is I gotta pug most of the time because of my schedule, so I'm forced to pug. But they cripple us to extreme. I swear to god I played about 52 matches today back to back not ONCE have got marks.

Either we win too fast or we lose to fast. If that's their way of punishing those who don't do nothing well they succeeded because the only way was to punish us all...I pay to play every 3 months, I shouldn't be dealing with crap like this. Yes I know that every MMO might have their issues, I know that there's issues that don't have time to be fixed but again why add it and cripple us, instead of not adding it and wait till thwy fix it properly.

I swear I wish there was a way for us USPS players be able to test somehow or help out in these test servers, but I guess we just gotta do what we always have been, put our tail between our legs and be quiet till they fix it. It's one thing if I was a free users but it's another that I been with them and supporting them since day one and frankly, month afew month our legendary access font feel TOO legendary anymore
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You're acting as if they're intentionally putting in buggy features.

As per it being on the test server, in order to test this feature you'd actually need to queue up for it, then get put into a match with someone who you possibly do not know. So no, I don't think the test server really could have adequately tested a feature such as this.
  17. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

No I'm not saying they intentionally doing that or putting bugs I'm sure they want their game to be as flawless as possible. But honest to god have u gone with any GU with no issues? There has always been something. There has always been bugs that's game breaking or not workin well. Again wish there were somehow for all of us to be on test servers because adding features that don't work properly just ruins everythin. I'm not paying every month to wait week or so for a stupid feature to be fixed when i need to run my content to get what I need. All day today I was pvpin and nothin instead I lost a day of my sub.
  18. Buckley Loyal Player

I doubt that will be the only thing bugged with the new system.
    Everyone else feel free to bookmark this. So you know where to send a ticket for being unfairly sanctiond.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

In a game this large, ESPECIALLY with an update as big as this, one of the most involved we've seen in a long time, there are going to be bugs. This time I definitely think the devs bit off more than they could chew.
  20. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Again I understand bro, I been around with this game for a while. So as I stated yes I knew a bug or two will slip up. But that shouldn't be a excuse for them. My league leader who happened to be a friend of mine in real life for 5 tears after his 17th match losing streak even though his grp wasn't just standing around was lg run, got a email today with a warning lol that he might get baned if he continues to throw the match. I'll ask him to take a pic and send it so I can post here. Again of this is an issue then they need to remove it asap till its fixed.

Right before I logged of today I saw few ppl shout in shout channel they gettin banned or warned that they need to stop throwing the match lol. By end of the day or so well see more than enough ppl gettin this email or banned. All I'm sayin is big gu like this thwy need to have a bit more testing rather release and for us to wait till its fixed which dc has a bad history of fixes. Stiff like mic issues how long it took? Or how hard it was, I just want them to stop takin a big bite with stuff like this and risking it.
    • Like x 1