Unstable Seal of Completion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Unstable Seal of Completion is being granted to all accounts (grant option in welcome window).
    Free accounts get it as well, I checked. :)

One per account, not tradable, so be careful which character you claim it on.
    Expires in 7 days.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. myandria Item Storage

Waaaiiit.. whaaaa?

Is this real? It doesn't look real.:confused:

Why would a perishable item have a 999 limit when you only get ONE and it expires in 7 days? At least with the Resurgence capsules you can obtain/buy up to 999 if you have the time and money and they last 14 days.
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

lol im sorry but there is not a soul playing this game that can argue that this isn't just a blatant money grab

"quickly buy xp from the marketplace or buy nth metal detectors because you only have 7 days for chance at breaking through to the next rank" or if this unstable seal of completion decays don't worry just buy one from the marketplace. Or if you you don't have enough catalysts in 7 days just buy the catalyst rank box from the marketplace as well.

hurry you only have 7 days

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

It could be seen that way, however for me this came at the perfect time. My main artifact is 157 working to 160... I'm so excited.
    • Like x 3
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

And if you don't have enough xp to get to 160 after 7 days you will 100% be buying an xp pack from the marketplace in order to take advantage so win for DCUO

better hurry to get those 3 ranks its only 7 days
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Had just been in the game less than ten minutes ago (switching between characters), and didn't see anything like that pop up on any of them...
    • Like x 1
  7. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Are you on US? It's not available on US yet, probably will be only after server restarts.
  8. Rainnifer Committed Player

Yeah I know and "hurrying" is what I plan to do, I'm going to buy metal detectors (off the broker) to help. I don't think it'll take 7 days to level up 3 times.
    • Like x 1
  9. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I already have one artifact sitting at 159 so that's definitely useful for me. :D
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Sweet, thanks devs, no issue with this, its a gift and not a cash grab, you can either choose to use it or not, it's entirely up to you.

You only stand to gain, if you don't use want it then don't use it, you've lost nothing and werent entitled to it in the first place.
    • Like x 14
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

I’m sitting this one out I have nothing ready to break through and not wasting my double xp weeknd nth savings just to do this within 7 days.

Congratulations to those who do have breakthroughs ready though
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jokes on them, I have several artifacts sitting at 139.
    • Like x 3
  13. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

It seems the 'choice' to use it very much depends on whether you are close to breakthrough or not. Otherwise it's just inventory clutter and a reminder that the Marketplace exists. Free gifts can be useful yet also be a shameless cash grabs, the two idea's are not mutually exclusive.
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

Exactly, if you're able to use it then great. If not then that's okay it just came at the wrong time for you. I don't mean to offend anyone but I think anyone with half a brain wouldn't spend more than a seal's worth of XP just to use a seal they clearly didn't plan on buying in the first place at that time. Or, they can use the money they would've used for a seal in the future, and level up the artifacts to use this seal right now. Either way they aren't losing anything.
    EDIT: The XP on the marketplace is actually pretty expensive, a seal's worth is only about 25k XP.
    I know it would've been nicer if it didn't perish, but oh well.. would've still had nothing had they simply not given anything I guess.
    • Like x 5
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, that will explain it

As others have said: with it being an expiring gift, if you are not in a position to take advantage of it, you aren't really losing out (and you are not left with something taking up inventory space for longer than 7 days)
    That said... most should know by now how personally feel about OPA and just hope they don't make this new form a regular 'feature' (unless it is for the same things: basically a 'free boost')
  16. Eve YouTuber

Very nice gift, thank you devs!
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Of all the insulting non-gifts I’ve ever received, this one takes the cake.

You really, really shouldn’t have.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

I gift is a gift, i will take it, thx.
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"Dear IRS: Just got my tax return which I really could have used a month ago. Thanks for nothing!"
    • Like x 4
  20. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Score! I just got my adaptive augment up to the level for the last breakthrough! Perfect timing!! Thanks!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.