Universal Messaging System Review/Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by ObsidianChill, May 13, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Universal Messaging System Feedback

Below is general bullet point feedback not in any particular order:
    • The Block message doesn’t mention you can be block broken, only that it will reduce damage so players may feel they can just hold block routinely but if they are block broken they would actually take more damage from the counter, there should have text that says while blocking the player is vulnerable to counters.
    • Block Break & Interrupt Messages appear much too late in the leveling experience, level 16 & 20 respectively is far too late to be learning to use foundational mechanics that used to be all shown on the drop ship. There are numerous npc’s that use those mechanics before those levels such as gorilla rifle or hand clap soldiers, Grodd himself, Queen bee and her soldiers.
    • No message for level 9 to put SP into faster movement mode which CANNOT be left out of the system
    • Level 10 tank messaging doesn't explain what a tank does. A tank doesn’t protect allies by being more durable, it protects them by using any power to taunt enemies to focus npc attention on you rather than your allies. It is easy enough to have the text say using a power makes enemies focus you instead of allies etc
    • Completed multiple feats before the messaging service pop-up at level 11 about completing a feat
    • Level 16 is when the pop up for Block Breaking appears, also no mention of hitting a blocked enemy with weapon combos will counter you
    • There is no Dodge system message which dodge/roll is also a foundational mechanic apart of the game
    • There is no system message for clipping, while I understand the rationale behind leaving it out it is still a part of the game at its core and absolutely necessary for roles. Can have a system message that says certain abilities can be clipped together to achieve a greater effect, can be clipped together to save animation duration, can be clipped together to strengthen abilities (like shields) IE: if a healer doesn’t know they can clip to heals together such as a group and priority that is an important piece of missing information for their role.
    • There is no system message for jump cancelling. This is just an easy message where it could say “jumping during a channeled ability will cancel it early which stops damage but frees you from being locked in animation” Just contributes to players spamming channeled heals like Bloom while they are standing in aoe damage pools like in Blackest Night instead of cancelling and repositioning.
    • Might be because I was on test server and already a legendary member but are there system alert messages informing players the benefits of premium and legendary subscription’s throughout their leveling experience? Ie: inventory getting full? Cash running low? Upgrade your membership package to unlock extra features. Ie: lockbox drops “want to open? Subscribe for unlimited keys” etc

Level 0-30 Messaging Alerts
    Level 1: Movement
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 2: Abilities
    Level 2: Block
    Level 4: Gear
    Level 4: Movement Mode
    Level 5: Mission Completed
    Level 7: Mission Reward Box
    Level 7: Gear Repair
    Level 7: Choose Loot
    Level 8: Gotham City Starter Pack (buy marketplace xp boost)
    Level 9: Mission Completed (First Super-Villain)
    Level 9: Bases
    Level 10: Tank Role
    Level 11: Feats
    Level 13: Episode Events
    Level 15: Stat Points
    Level 16: Block Break
    Level 17: (or when you run vault mission) Replay Badge Marketplace Purchase
    Level 18: Warp Menu
    Level 20: Interrupt
    Level 22: Leagues
    Level 22: Artifacts
    Level 22: Perfected Nth Metal Marketplace Purchase (after artifact breakthrough)
    Level 25: Origin Augments
    Level 27: Broker
    Level 30: Combat Rating
    Level 30: On Duty
    • Like x 5
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Gotham City Starter Pack can’t wait..

US: "When? And have we started the Gotham City Starter Pack fire soon?"
    :D DEVS: "Yes! Gotham City Starter Pack** Production Rises, soon!"
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Have not checked it on test yet. Good review. A few questions....can this be turned off? Obviously for people new or returning to the game it's very handy....for someone leveling their 15th alt it might be a hassle. Secondly, does it go past 30? I.E. are there any DLC related tips/messages as you make it to each Tier/DLC CR? I know the seasonal/latest DLC comes up....just wondering if there is anything along the way...kind of like the 'guided tour' missions that started up around HOP1 I think that took you through all the DLC content.

Reinheld
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• There is no option to turn this off, and if I understand the devs from the livestream it never will be allowed to be turned off as this will be how they update us about events and episodes and sales etc in game for all players new and old.
    • I tried some solos and alerts after 30 and didn't see any messages related to leveling but you will get alerts for any new dlc, event, seasonal, augments etc but nothing about how to complete missions or raids etc as of yet.
    • Like x 1
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

That's a big turn off if we cant turn it off, This is really good for new players(if they fix/add some tips) but just gonna annoy the hell out of me.
    • Like x 2
  6. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

And me. Might just be what finally drives me away for good.

I honestly don't understand their decision making process
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

All excellent points, well made.

I was in a pod group earlier today with a tank who literally did not know what a stun was, or what breaking out was, let alone how to do it.

So I'm thinking those two things should be explained plainly and simply, as well. (If I missed that they already are, never mind.)
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

My biggest issue with the pop ups is that it takes up the whole screen; I am really not a fan of that. There are games that have these infomercial pop ups; they cannot be turned off but players can move them around because they are in a windowed environment. This allows players to move them to a spot on their UI that doesn't block their view of what is going on and yet still get the messages.
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I dont understand why this is such a hassle. So you have to exit out of an occasional screen. Oh the horror. I just will never understand. Im a vet. Im 100 percent in favor of this system.
    • Like x 1
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I do. If this is the straw that breaks the camels back for you then you already wanted to leave.
    • Like x 1
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Logging in just to have 3 pop up screens pop up right in my face...Its annoying and uncalled for.

I never said I wasn't in favor of this system, I said it was good for new players, just add a option to turn it off.

• Like x 3
  12. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i don't like it at all, i want to turn it off, but can't find a toggle for it. it's ads and advice for idiots. it interrupts fights, it interrupts dailies so i can't click on my objective....it's intrusive, annoying, and insulting....make it optional, or tell me where the toggle is, because i can't find it
    • Like x 2
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I hate pop-ups when I'm browsing the internet. I think I despise them even more in a game.
    • Like x 2