Unicorn Trinket Reflection

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Volkenraider, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Don't get me wrong I understand the gag. But think of the overall population of DC when a unicorn trinket is announced. What kind of message does it send to be honest.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLoneLantern New Player

You know what's useless, having more than one raid/alert/duo/challenge for each tier. Why make extra of that crap when they can be allocating resources on higher and higher content?
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

You speak for the overall population of DC?
    • Like x 7
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Back in Star Wars Galaxies, there was a running joke in the forums for the longest time about the Meatlumps, an NPC faction in the game. The joke was that if you wanted certain drops or fantastic items, you had to go to a certain spot and fight the Meatlump King for those items.

The devs took that idea and ran with it. They ended up creating a themepark set of missions based around the Meatlumps, and you could even go into their base to find and meet the Meatlump King himself. As a result, they added a bunch of much-needed content to the game AND made some of the more humorous content in the game. My personal favorite was meeting up with the droid farmer, as in he had planted droid parts in the ground to farm them. Couldn't understand why he wasn't getting good results. :)

It's a game. It doesn't need to be super serious all the time, and things like the Meatlump King and the (apparently) incoming Unicorn trinket shows that the devs not only have a sense of humor but that they're actually listening to boot.
    • Like x 12
  5. Volkenraider Loyal Player

More gameplay
  6. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I absolutley do not, just thinking about the impact on both parties thats all
  7. TheLoneLantern New Player

Did you know that not everyone focuses on the same things that you do in game? Strange concept, huh?

More people spend their time chatting in WT than they do in Paradox.
    • Like x 9
  8. Ogat New Player

That they care for and try to bond with the community. Now if They were not so hell-bent on mesing up the combat system... :(
    Regardles it's a nice gesture and resource wise I'd imagine it's nothing too draining considering it's one in game item, might be even something done in their free time.
    Overall a nice touch.
    • Like x 3
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I never said that
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I'm all about helping people if i'm honest, what I made here is just an observation and an opinion. No need for being snarky
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

I get where you're coming from. To me, I always thought this was stupid. But that's just my opinion. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Just look at it this way....in a few short months after it releases, it will be in everyone's bank collecting dust like the other goofy trinkets.
    • Like x 2
  12. Chungweishan New Player

Basically a Unicorn Trinket is a token of appreciation, a humorous gift, and a gesture that the Devs listen to the playerbase.

The impact on the overall community? Just as much as having any Anniversary gift.... not a big deal to most people, but nice to have. I bet some players still have the Cake Trinket in the bank, just in case.

I doubt anyone is going to quit over a Unicorn Trinket. There won't be an uprising. It might lead to more ridiculous requests, but that's inevitable anyways. It's more of an Forum-inside joke, so not a lot of players will understand.
    • Like x 8
  13. Circe New Player

14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If they want to listen to the community they can fix the block bug first before they waste time making some stupid unicorn trinket .
    • Like x 1
  15. Radium Devoted Player

My god, hashtags actually work!?!

brb

#godmodeforradium
    • Like x 2
  16. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Are you really going to quit over a stupid reason as this?
    • Like x 7
  17. Volkenraider Loyal Player

this ^
  18. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Its not about quiting the game or anything like it, just saying does a unicorn trinket trump the massive block-breaking windows for example?
  19. aceCase Committed Player

I logged in just to like a Circe post, life is full of surprises :p
    • Like x 2
  20. Radium Devoted Player

Theres always going to be problems with the game man, always. Right up until the servers are shut down. If we waited on stuff like only when the game was bug free, we would never have stuff like this lol

You need to have things like this, just little signs to show that they're listening and interacting with the community.
    • Like x 6