Underperforming powers - Let's talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rubsarb, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No weapon I don't think. He was using heat vision, psychic prison, invisibility into pain blast, mass terror I think, those are the powers I recognized anyway.

Edit: pyro kenesis as well, because the enemies were burning and we didn't have anyone that was fire. Unless heat vision is now an AoE. (Edit, just checked and it isn't. So he had to have had pyro as well).
    • Like x 1
  2. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Well, that's pretty much the loadout since presumably he had a PI applicator. Probably thought bubble into pyro since TB encases and pyro breaks encase. I would have expected a good celestial to beat it, though.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To be fair it was only an alert, a more accurate measure would be a raid with higher sustained damage. Cause on boss fights I was doing more damage.

Oh yeah he was using mass hysteria too.
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Yeah, he likely has supercharges hidden in invisability. That kind of goes without saying when you said he was using inv->pain blast.
  5. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

BTW, this isn't too far off of what I've found to do best, but I'm using the black canary power that used the dazed PI (shout I think? or is it cry?). Does quite a bit better than Mass Terror for me.

PS: I dislike this loadout, but what can you do. Get the channeling hand mod if you go this route for anyone reading.
  6. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Hello i would like for something to be looked at for munitions.first Biggun,i understand that it cant be allowed to one shot anymore however its new description has a problem it says it Completely obliterates enemys that are minion adds under or at 35% and that just isnt possible at times on multiple adds because not everything is at 35% at the same time.Also i believe biggun should be a 50% supercharge it just isnt good enough to be a 100% supercharge.As well as munitions its self is not good enough to compete with Nature, Electric,rage, Earth if all players are on the same skill level and even a lower skilled playef with say earth might beat a highly skilled munitions.PS berserk is a gud supercharge at 50% why can't biggun be a 50%?.
  7. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Testing things on live I do believe Nature's Serpent Call needs to be changed to a single tick aoe move and damaged adjusted. As it sits it puts out around 13.5k damage in 11 seconds on my 195 CR 224 SP. It needs to fall in line with other Supercharge Generator moves.

Also to fix Natures godly power usage is to make Voracious Plants cost 200 (100) and Roar be made into a single tick of damage and animation time speed up. These changes would make it fall in line with the loadouts I mentioned earlier. There base loadouts as far as power goes but the damage should be consistent/balanced along the board.

If Roar doesn't get changed casting time there won't be any pressure with power consumption thus allowing them to regain power here and while casting its 35% finisher. This is how Nature saves power using superpowered playstyle vs loadouts from other powers.
  8. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Make biggun a 50% supercharge
  9. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

To be exact Roar should be around .5 seconds for cooldown and Voracious plants should uped to 2-3 seconds to be consistent. But of course adjust Roars damage if it turned into a single tick move to fall in line with other 100 cost powers.
    • Like x 1
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

All nature dots need to be turned into 300 power moves and harvest need to do 0 damage. All dot powers except soul well are 300 power. Why isn't none of nature dots 300? Harvest refreshing dots is good enough, why do it have to burst damage? I will take in account the damage is low, but still it's burst.
    Problem with nature is, it gave the best dots, best AOE burst, best 35%(in gorilla), and best 100 power spam. The **** crazy man
  11. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

I just realized I put wrong Electricity loadout up its:

Static Push, Electrostatic Bomb, Attract, Shockwave, Ionic Drain (35%), Megavolt (SC). Sorry about that
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I will say this, after messing with some weapons today, I think the weapon expert mastery needs to be bumped up to 20% and hybrid needs a 10% weapon buff added to it. My opinion anyway.
    • Like x 3
  13. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Yeah but with those changes it would be in line for damage from other loadouts from other powersets and dots make nature unique. I said those changes because it would keep Nature people happy but provide balance. In my opinion Serpents Call is the cultprit not Roar. One dot provides way to much damage over 11 seconds. So every 11 seconds Im seeing around 13.5k damage in a 30 minute raid. Thats a lot of damage for 200 power.
  14. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Interesting I haven't got into the weapons playstyle yet. I'll try it out soon. How are you playing it? I know weapon buff is a must but do you use any other powers? Or pet? Or Weapons plus Buff only? Just curious on how people play this style.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

In that last update before things went live where they shifted some of the 10% WE damage to the WM combos i think that little bit they took off normal combos should be added back but not taken away from WM. Unless you have 300+ sp using weapons does lack some when playing with certain things. Stuff was much better before they made that change imo.
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature is op because nature can have 3 dots on all adds in 4 secs, 50% SC on boss can have four dots, And 100 power can do same damage as every other 100 power spam plus add dot that can be eaten with roar.
    • Like x 1
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm not sure if we have the same version on DC Universe lol but serpent call is def not the issue. Roar is the clear reason you see so many doing well with nature. A standard 3 dot playstyle with nature is actually not that good and easily beatable, now im not saying it sucks either but its no where near as good as it is when you throw Roar into the mix. Hopefully roar will be changed to a regular burst soon and all these nature is op comments can go away.
    • Like x 1
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature have the best all around dps. Take away roar and nature still have another way to beat you. Nature is one of the easiest powers to use, have best dots, best burst, and a 50% that do the best overall damage on boss fights. Don't take my word for it, go test it
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I can beat nature with a handful of other powers if the nature guy isn't using roar, i'll give you that its easy but without roar its not all that, still good but no where like it is with roar. I also have vids to back up my statements testing it out with league mates with almost the same exact stats. Sure if you look at it on the parser it looks better then a lot of powers but come raid time it doesn't playout the same exact way. I actually posted some screen shots earlier in this thread to show a quick example.
  20. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Most Natures run Serpent Call, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Roar, Impaling Thorns, Chaotic Growth is doing the most damage. If use any other dot my damage dips. Just tested it on 8 targets. I tested SC nothing special about it. Therefore Serpents Call is the culprit and add too much damage over time especially comparable to other sc generator moves. All you have to do is log in nature test switch power and try other sc generator moves its clear as day.