Unable to Complete STAR Labs Researcher Leigh's Mission

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by mdharlem, May 29, 2019.

1. mdharlem Active Player

I would like a Developer to reset a mission for me.

I am unable to complete STAR Lab Researcher Leigh's introductory mission for Doomed Metropolis Part 1. I've acquired the Infection Containment Unit and collected the required number of samples of Doomsday Spore Clouds; however, the mission has not updated in my journal and I can not interact with the NPC in order to receive credit for completing it. After several daily server resets, picking up the Infection Containment Unit several times, collecting even more spores, the issue has not resolved itself. I cannot progress in Doomed Metropolis until it is complete.

A couple of things:
    -This happened during the Doomed Metropolis Part 1 Mission not the daily Infection Protection.
    -I've ran this and the daily on at least 6 alts several times and never had the issue before.
    -There is no counter for how many spores I need to collect because I've already collected them.
    -It seems to be that it's just a minor glitch and I have no idea what set it off. It is a Nature character and I've seen at least one other post where changing form can glitch the progress of a mission.

I know how to play the game and how missions and the journal works, especially this one, and it is not me missing some aspect of how to complete it. There is a technical issue, not on my end, that will not allow me to complete it and it requires a developer to reset it.

I've submitted a technical support ticket which directed me to the issue tracker (which I've just figured out after several days of interacting there that it is not managed by developers who can actually help me).

Please no more, "Have you tried..." comments. If it is feasible, I've tried it already. If anyone can tell me how to get the attention of a Developer who can resolve this, that would be greatly appreciated.

I would really like for the mission to be reset on the character so that I can run it, complete it, and move forward with the remainder of the mission. I hope that this is something that could be done quickly and easily without much more back and forth.

The character is Wild Adam on US-PC. I've included screenshots for reference.

Can I please just get the mission reset? Thank you.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. I'm investigating now!

Edit: I've made a change which should fix your character which is in a bad state, but that change likely won't be hotfixed to the Live server until sometime next week. Sorry about the inconvenience! When the fix goes out, you should be able to continue that mission on that character. You'll probably need to go absorb 1 or 2 more Doomsday Spores in order to update the mission. After the fix makes it out to live, please respond here if you continue seeing any problems. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  3. mdharlem Active Player

Thank you.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

There are seasonals bugged in a similar way, blocking the completion because the objective to find the pollen columns or hell portals (or whichever thing it is for similar seasonals) will not complete. Characters bugged like this are stuck in it for forever.
  5. JackFrost Developer

Do you happen to know which seasonal(s) beyond Spring might be affected like this? Happen to know if there are other thread(s) discussing it on the forums? Any additional info may help. Thanks!
  6. JackFrost Developer

Just to follow up, I've made changes to particular Spring, Halloween, and Winter seasonal missions that could have been affected like this, so they should be resolved for any characters when those seasonal events turn on. Players will need to re-aquire the appropriate mission(s) but should be able to complete them (when that seasonal content is active). I apologize that I wasn't aware of these issues sooner!

Please flare up any other missions that may be bugged in a similar way. Thanks!
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Fortunately the tracker is curently back online. I'll inlcude the names in case it might go off forever:

Spring:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-2549
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-3024

Helloween:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-2757
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-2774

I don't remember any reports about similar problems with Vday or St. P. Therefore you probably caught all of them.
  8. JackFrost Developer

Thanks! Other than the notes in one of those about "Patrol Catastrophe" and "Area 51 journal for marks" missions, all the rest should be taken care of. I'd need more details on those other 2 if there is something bugged though.
  9. mdharlem Active Player

Confirming that the original issue for this post has been resolved and I am now able to complete the mission.