Um, where’s the roleless buff?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 27, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just did the upscaled Phantom Zone, no sign of it.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Unbalanced groups in Alerts/4-Player Operations no longer receive the “Roleless Buff” in Early End-Game Instanced content
    • The “Roleless Buff” is still applied in the latest three episodes 4-Player content and also now in Open Worlds for those three episodes
    [IMG]

Im keeping the dancing Thanos... I still wanna dream it.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Phantom Zone is an alert, not a raid.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What?! Why would they do that?!
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why?! :(
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Because that's how it used to be I guess? So either it was too hard to add into old stuff (doubt it) or they just want players to stop dps stacking and play how it was designed back then.
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m confused. The upscaled phantom zone technically is the new stuff, right?
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

I believe (IMO) alerts should have 1 of each role
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

In an ideal world, yeah. But EU, especially villain is pretty empty. I have to take what I can get.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I pointed that out in the Save the Universe dev discussion but got no response. It's weird to have the latest released regular alert without the buffs.
    • Like x 1
  12. AlexRom New Player

But.. aren't we forever 'balanced' to this content by new clamp system? Sounds strange.

...and with Thanos - its not balanced, it's symmetric, geez.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Your output is balanced, but the role composition isn't lol.

I would like them to remove the role-less buff entirely, but that be a bridge too far for most xD
    • Like x 3
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Holy crap yes
    Drop rolless buff across the board? YES
    The good ol’ days where roles were required.
    Stacking dps is horrible just horrible!!!
    • Like x 3
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I guess my battle troll build just became relevant. lol
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think you've got some rose colored glasses on. Some days, trying to find a tank for an alert took slightly less time than the heat death of the universe.
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It sure does! Hence why I want know why it isn’t in the upscaled alert! Technically, it’s endgame, no?
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This is where we see the differences between uspspc players and xbox/switch/eu/villan crowd. We have it easier and we stop thinking about what they have to go thru. I have no answer to why it was removed. But it certainly means every player either needs to start being dual role capable or incredibly good at dps. If I have to switch to heal, and 2 others have to role, then that dps better be outstanding or they're out. Plenty of dps players to choose from and getting a role to replace one of us so we can dps is an option. Cr skippers are really getting thrown into the fire with this dlc
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m honestly wondering if the developers are actually trying to get rid of people like me right now. :(
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

That's a bug and is fixed internally. In the next hotfix.
    • Like x 3