Um, Harley? Is that you?!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by bagofboom, Nov 3, 2016.

1. bagofboom Committed Player

So, I'm running the Iceberg Lounge solo for the 1st time in a few days and Harley sounds COMPLETELY different....AGAIN!
    Was there really that much backlash over the change of voice actors (actress) that it needed to be changed? I mean, we all loved our original Harley of course, the second woman was different but still not terrible, just something we had to get used to. Now there's another one!! LOL.
    Idk how everyone else felt about it but it wasn't BAD, just new.
    This current one is a bit odd, again not BAD, just different.

Just curious how/when/why this happened? And has anyone else noticed or am I just aging rapidly to the point that dementia is setting in?!
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Just ur hearing, get a aide :D
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

He's right actually. The voice actress re recorded her lines but it sounds more reserved than what she originally did. This topic is on the Gotham section of the forum.
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

He probably is rrrr (can't say it) , bago just needs teased ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

She needs to do it one more time, making it somewhere between the two.

The version on live now sounds like she's reading her lines for the first time without emotion. Or she's doing it in a library and the librarian yelled at her to be quiet lol.
    • Like x 4
  6. CTCFirebird Active Player

@ EMoney- Yeah, I agree.

Yeah... I dunno what's up with that. I heard her voice change since the update and was like, "WTF?" To me, she sounded less enthused in the re recording. I honestly couldn't stand her voice before, but some of the stuff she said like "YAY" and "OW" was really on point. I like that. She's really gotta do this between the two. I also noticed that she's been cut off in one of the cutscenes.

Its not just Joker's Funhouse. Its any mission that has Harley or even her voice like the Belle Reve PVP
  7. MidKnight Masquerade Dedicated Player

Are you there Harley Quinn? It's me, Margaret.
    Come on Judy Blume
    • Like x 1
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

9. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  10. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

That's because...

[IMG]
  11. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Naw, if I swing hammer, it would piss off lil miss n we don't need that
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Torikumu did a thread on this on Oct 22 in the Gotham section, it has examples of a slight difference in the voicing.

It's still active and on the first page right now.

Oh and the voicing was extremely bad, think your the only person I've seen say it wasn't.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Just to clarify they only had a new voice for the story content in the new stuff (Harley Heist, Suicide Squad). All the original content and the Legends were not changed. So in the SS event duo, when you get Harley as the boss that has the original voice but the announcer in there is the new voice.
  14. CTCFirebird Active Player

You're right.
  15. bagofboom Committed Player

Do you mean this new voice or the most recent one past?
    I don't think it's bad, not award caliber by any stretch, but just different. I think we're all so used to the awesome Harley that we've had forever and anything new will be a let down. Idk, maybe it is bad. I literally made this thread as soon as I beat Pengbot so I'd (and still) only heard one instance worth of it. I'll run it a few more times I'm sure and will have a better idea if how good/bad it really is.

Do you know if that's the only thing changed, Harley-wise, in the game? Did they change any of the older stuff or anything on villain side?
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Nothing will convince me that Harley's new voice doesn't sound like Kitty Foreman from That 70's Show.
  17. bagofboom Committed Player

Oh how I wish I had something witty to reply with! :confused:
    My coffee hasn't kicked in yet so I'm a little (a lot) slow right now....dang, I think I just left myself open for more ridicule..... :eek:
    Needless to say...this isn't over!! ;):p:D
  18. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yes, yes you did, but I won't take advantage of someone suffering from low caffeine
    • Like x 1
  19. bagofboom Committed Player

Much appreciated!! :D