two questions re BoP bounty teleporters

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MsTickle Fate, May 29, 2020.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'd have asked these in my original thread, but comments are closed there. It's a minor point, but I'm still curious.

The original post is here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/transporter-to-calculatorbot-bounty-boss-in-bop.309434/#post-4323196
    I asked what the apparent teleporter by the calculator bot was for, and the reply was:

My initial response would have been: "this is useful information, but limited: where is it a destination from? Last I looked, warp menu to BoP brings you to the hub, not the calculator bot."

But thenI went in-game to double-check everything, and I found that I now see that there's a transport circle at the BoP hub to take you to the Calculator bot, which I hadn't noticed yesterday, and that answers my initial question. Great!

But I'm left confused by the fact that there's a teleporter from the hub to the calculator bot bounty, but no teleporter to the Meta-Human bounty.

What's the difference between these two bounties that there's a teleporter to one, but not the other? Aren't they both similarly unobvious locations that are equally in need of teleporters? If we have a teleporter to one, shouldn't we have one to each bounty, not just one of the two bounties? Or is there some logic here I'm not following?

(There's also an additional transporter circle at the hub that goes nowhere, FWIW, which could be used as a teleporter to Metahuman.)

As an entirely separate point: Lois Lane first displays a question mark over her head to give you the "find the clues" mission, but so long as you don't complete that mission -- which may be quite some time, since where the clues are is not at all obvious since the white dots are identical to all the other white dot targets scattered profusely around the BoP map -- Lois never again shows you a question mark indicating there's a separate and distinction mission from her (the Metahuman bounty) until you finish the "find the clues" mission.

Now, if you know how this works, it's not a problem to go to Lois-with-no-question-mark-or-sign-of-a-mission and still pick up the Metahuman bounty. But expecting people to know how this invisible mechanism works can't be intended, can it? Shouldn't Lois show a question mark about the Metahuman mission even if you haven't finished the clues mission? Or are we supposed to not be able to get to the Metahuman bounty unless we've completed the clues mission, in which case the indicator isn't telling us about an available bounty that we won't know about at the start until someone tells us or we notice in LFG? I'm confused, which isn't unusual. Thanks for any help understanding!
  2. Walvine Well-Known Player

Meta human is fairly easy to find but is about same distance as new bounty i agree meta needs teleport too, But you can return to mission area really fast any time while in bop map warp rally point will send you to exact same location as bop warp since its the only rally point in the map .

The unactive teleporter is for the rival faction headquarters , if you hero the inactive teleport goes to hall of doom and if you villian the watch tower teleport is inactive.
    Calculatorbot location is oddly placed i was expecting the world boss to atleast be in the lex tower since the tower has multiple platforms and is just large empty area in the middle of the map ,!maybe a 3rd world boss comming .
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining!
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a teleporter at the BoP hub right next to the vendor that takes you to that empty pad by Calculator Bot. It just doesn't send you back to the hub, it's 1-way.